Crown Princess Mary's Ladies-in-Waiting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a newspaper article some time ago reporting that they have over 27 servants in total...
my goodness, 27 servants!!!!! like this you can have 15 kids and be a working mother! and still loking great!

I vaguely rememer hearing that; do you think you could find the article for us, Little Star, to confirm this?

:)
you know i remember to see sometime ago in an old magazine a photo of Gace and reinero witht their 3 kids and all the staff that worked for them at the palace, it was incredible, more thna 100 employess!!!! so really 27 sounds a lot for us but may be for this people it is nothing!

Did the article say servants or staff. Being the crownprince is similar to being a business. A staff of 27 does not sound overly extravagant. For example - security personell is on duty around the clock so it will take 3 persons to cover a 24 hours shift.

I think the word "staff" has become the politically correct term for those serving (servants of) the royal family ;)

I think the word "staff" has become the politically correct term for those serving (servants of) the royal family ;)

You're quite right, Xeara. The term servants, hence slave in earlier times prior to the term servant, is such an archaic word these days; similar to the term secretary... now the PC term is assistant.

27 staff members or not, I'm sure they are all needed, but I could be wrong so...

Their staff includes their office staff, court cheifs, maids, nannys, lady in waiting etc. So 27 seems right to me.

I think that it would be both nice and difficult to have 27 people serving you. It would be nice, but I wonder if they ever get sick of having these people around all the time? I'm sure that they get their private time, but I'll bet that they would like to be able to take an outing without having staff accompany them (although, I know that having the staff is part of the job of being a royal). It would be nice if they would give an interview and discuss their personal feelings toward having staff.

I think that it would be both nice and difficult to have 27 people serving you. It would be nice, but I wonder if they ever get sick of having these people around all the time? I'm sure that they get their private time, but I'll bet that they would like to be able to take an outing without having staff accompany them (although, I know that having the staff is part of the job of being a royal). It would be nice if they would give an interview and discuss their personal feelings toward having staff.
I agree with you, may be it had been dificult for Mary becasue she born a commoner but for him , it is normal , he grow up with all this people, but i must say i wouldn't mind to try for a week, i am sure it will be a lot of fun!

Those are my exact thoughts. All those staff members are part of Frederik's natural environment, he grew up with people waiting on him, and always following him around. He probably gets annoyed at times, wanting a moment to himself, but it's all natural for him. Mary on the other hand....well she was born on a commoner so, it might take her a while to get used to all the staff, but from what we've seen, she's doing fine ;)

Those are my exact thoughts. All those staff members are part of Frederik's natural environment, he grew up with people waiting on him, and always following him around. He probably gets annoyed at times, wanting a moment to himself, but it's all natural for him. Mary on the other hand....well she was born on a commoner so, it might take her a while to get used to all the staff, but from what we've seen, she's doing fine ;)
it is very easy to get use to be rich, what it is very diffiuct from being rich became poor. I have a very good friend, she was from the sociaty from a very rich family, she use to buy her clothes from all this big designer, suddenly her family lost her fortune, it had been so diffiuclt for her....
I can see Mary doing fine too

What I wouldn't give to have a few staff to keep my house clean...cook my meals especially when I have had along day at work....and keeping an eye on my daughter when I needed some me time...I could get used to that very easily. :)

I vaguely rememer hearing that; do you think you could find the article for us, Little Star, to confirm this?

:)
I read the original over at RoyalBlue a long time ago so unfortunately do not have a copy, if I come across it though I'll post it for you.

Billed-Bladet - Caroline Heering is this a Heering family tiara or is it loaned from a jewellers when she is at a function that requries wearing a tiara?

I've never seen this particular tiara before. I believe that Caroline Heering does come from a wealthy family, or has married into a wealthy family, so it is very possible that it is a family tiara. Hopefully, someone can shed light on it. It is really pretty.

I've never seen this particular tiara before. I believe that Caroline Heering does come from a wealthy family, or has married into a wealthy family, so it is very possible that it is a family tiara. Hopefully, someone can shed light on it. It is really pretty.

It's the Heering family tiara.

As for family, Caroline's mother is Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede and her husband, Peter's parents, are close friends of the regent couple.

she is certenly very pretty! she could be a princess too! anyone knows how old is she? she always has a light blue ribbon on her what it is?

:previous:

Caroline is 36 years old, slightly younger than the Crown Princess. The light blue ribbon Caroline and Tanya, and Countess Victoria before them, wear is to signify their position as lady-in-waiting. There is a 'M' and a crown on the ribbon, either the Queen or Mary's monogram. I think it's the Queen's.

:previous:

Caroline is 36 years old, slightly younger than the Crown Princess. The light blue ribbon Caroline and Tanya, and Countess Victoria before them, wear is to signify their position as lady-in-waiting. There is a 'M' and a crown on the ribbon, either the Queen or Mary's monogram. I think it's the Queen's.
thank you so much for the explanation, i did not see very well the ribbon it is not any close up photo?
she is very pretty indeed!

I think that both of Princess Mary's ladies-in-waiting are very beautiful and very stylish - I even say, they both look very royal themselves.

Do the LIWs receive a royal title after or during their tenure as LIW? I ask this because of the mention of Countess Victoria. Did she receive this title as a reward for her service to the royal family?

:previous: Nice "little" place! Thank you for the information, User Dane. I didn't realize that she was married to a count. I assumed that she received the title due to her service; although, now that I think about it, it does make sense since none of the other LIWs have a title.

my goodness what a little place? she must herslf must need a big staff to keep that place and her own secretary!

thank you so much for the explanation, i did not see very well the ribbon it is not any close up photo?
she is very pretty indeed!

There are plenty of photos which show it. its worn below the left shoulder. ;)

caroline heering is ravishing! Much more exquisite looking than the Cpss. I wonder if Mary ever feels overshadowed?

Altough Caroline is attractive I don't think she is any more attractive than Mary. They certainly have different looks, and if Mary felt overshawoed she would certainly never have had her as a lady in waiting.
I think Mary is perfectly happy in her own skin to give it a thought
I think people try to make something out nothing too often.

my goodness what a little place? she must herslf must need a big staff to keep that place and her own secretary!

When she is not serving CP Mary - she is very very busy scrubbing and cleaning her own home :frazzled:.

Altough Caroline is attractive I don't think she is any more attractive than Mary. They certainly have different looks, and if Mary felt overshawoed she would certainly never have had her as a lady in waiting.
I think Mary is perfectly happy in her own skin to give it a thought
I think people try to make something out nothing too often.

I think Mary and Caroline are both Beautiful, but Mary more elegant than Caroline. I doubt that Mary chose Caroline as her lady in waiting, because she wouldn't over shadowed Mary.
X

Back
Top Bottom