Crown Princess Mary's 40th Birthday: February 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that is not true. They released a family shot in november 2011.

And an informal one from the twins' birthday.

These pictures are certainly Mary ones - not CP ones. Which is okay.
However IMO they are not up to the usual standart.

And an informal one from the twins' birthday.
That´s right, how could I forgot these photos? :whistling: I use the one with the cakes as my background on my laptop :whistling::ROFLMAO::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that Mary is the CP of Denmark, I dont like the style of these photos. They look like a fashion shoot / vogue homestory of a celebrity.

Mary looks ok, not more, but I dont get a royal or regal vibe at all, its rather Hollywood. I understand most of these photos are magazine shots, not official portraits released by the court - even less understandable that there is no trace of her husband or children but only the family dog.

Some poses are really strange, like the one sitting on her desk. The model-wanna-be photos are awful. Mary should leave the posing to the professionals.

Less would have been more, and a focus on the position (the CP consort), see Maxima's birthday shots.
Wow, you took my words from my mouth, I think exactly like you! I know weshouldnt compare but certenly I like more Maxima's photos in her birthday than this ones! disapointed i am !!!!!!!!:sad:

I was also surprised that there were no photos taken with the family, but perhaps the objective was to concentrate on the birthday girl herself in this series of shots.

BTW, what is the breed of that beautiful dog?

It is a Border Collie.

The new 40yr birthday pictures - I like them! they are different from the all royal type photos that we get. This to me shows a daily life, more relaxed life of Mary. The only picture that didn't make sense to me was sitting on the desk, from a logic point, you sit behind the desk and maybe that is why I didn't like it. Outfits, location, light was all chosen well.

I think the birthday shots of Mary are very nice. Yes, she's a royal, but she has a persona and a life outside of the public eye, and I think the portraits reflect that. They make her appear more down-to-earth. Their dog is gorgeous.

Considering that Mary is the CP of Denmark, I dont like the style of these photos. They look like a fashion shoot / vogue homestory of a celebrity.

Mary looks ok, not more, but I dont get a royal or regal vibe at all, its rather Hollywood. I understand most of these photos are magazine shots, not official portraits released by the court - even less understandable that there is no trace of her husband or children but only the family dog.

Some poses are really strange, like the one sitting on her desk. The model-wanna-be photos are awful. Mary should leave the posing to the professionals.

Less would have been more, and a focus on the position (the CP consort), see Maxima's birthday shots.

I like the photo's, think they are done very well and Mary looks very beautiful. To me this shoot shows her on her own on purpose, to me it portrays Mary as a strong independant woman ( kicking the ball, sitting on her desk) who is happy with her position in life: not afraid to show her love for fashion and other beautiful things....
It is obviously all about her , not the family or even the husband. I quite like that.
Gorgeous clothes, flawless skin, perfect and in control as ever!!!;)

So which one is it? I think it looks more like a border. :)
Absolutely a border collie, I've got one exactly like him/her.....gorgeous dogs

I like the photo's, think they are done very well and Mary looks very beautiful. To me this shoot shows her on her own on purpose, to me it portrays Mary as a strong independant woman ( kicking the ball, sitting on her desk) who is happy with her position in life: not afraid to show her love for fashion and other beautiful things....
It is obviously all about her , not the family or even the husband. I quite like that.
Gorgeous clothes, flawless skin, perfect and in control as ever!!!;)

I couldn't agree more.
I haven't seen the pictures of Maxima which some posters have referred to, but what is the purpose of wishing for similar setups? Let the birthday girls decide for themselves what they want, I'd say.

Besides - less than a month ago we've saw lots of pictures of Mary in gala outfits; perhaps she thought that was enough for now?

Here's a picture gallery of the guests arriving at Crown Princess Mary's birthday party yesterday
evening - including several family members:

** msn.dk: Mary fejrer fødselsdag på slottet **

Thank you for the link Iceflower :)
Nice to see the Belgian CP couple among the guests.

Well, Ziggy is absolutely beautiful and Mary would certainly make a good soccer player with that high kick of the ball. The light is wonderful in the outdoor photos.

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures of the birthday child. Can't see how these are particularly model wanna-be. I love how they have used the cold winter light.

I'm with you. I don't pick up a model or hollywood vibe at all. Very nice pictures that show us Mary as she turns 40. Love them!

It surprises me there is no carpet or a rug in her office space. Beautiful orchids in the vase [the white variety we call here - Cooktown orchids - named after a town in Qld]and a nice relaxed Princess sitting on the desk.

Aren't those orchids gorgeous? They're phalaenopsis; also known as moth orchids.

I bought the newspaper and there is the most fantastic private pictures of Mary, Frederik and their children. From their private tour in Tasmania, one of the twins on the summer cruise and a really sweet picture of a very pregnant Mary where Isabella caress her mothers stomach. It is a really good interview with a very honest Mary.

I'll try to upload the private family photos soon :flowers:

Quote from DRF at 7 am PST

The Crown Princess was engaged to the Crown Prince on 8 October 2003, and the couple married on 14 May 2004. The Crown Prince Couple today have five children: HRH Prince Christian (age 6), HRH Princess Isabella (age 4), and the 1-year-old twins, HRH Prince Vincent and HRH Princess Josephine.

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess turns 40 - The Danish Monarchy

Gorgeous Picture Princess Mary Look wonderful very very Elegant :flowers:

Someone needs to recount the children.

Looks like Josephine is clapping her hands sitting in the big chair next to her brother Vincent. Hopefully clearer pics of these will emerge. Thanks for posting them Roskilde. And Isabella is a real card. Just look at her face patting the belly. I bet she has a big personality.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the photos Roskilde. The photo of the twins in the armchair is my favourite!

I love the one where Isabella has her hand on her stomach!

The pictures are really pretty! Mary looks great and so does her family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom