Crown Princess Mary visits Danish Troops in Afghanistan: November 29-30, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a woman! Mary you are a fantastic role model and I am proud to be an Aussie.

La visita secreta de la princesa Mary a las tropas danesas en Afganistán

according to HOLA, mary visited on sunday Camp Bastion and Armadillo, where she toured the camp sites to see the operations being carried out. afterwards she went to the "price" camp where she met the mayor of Gereshk and where she slept. the next day she and the rest of the danish delegation came back to Camp Bastion, where they were informed on the situation in afganistan. afterwards they visited Kandahar where they toured the camp hospital of the US and they met with the NATO troops chief.

10 points to Mary! Afghanistan is very important part of military and political and Mary as future queen must know about that are too.

I am very impressed by the Princess visit to Afghanistan,a symbolique visit maybe..but it's very brave to do so from Mary especially she should not do so .
I have to say that except Maxima and Mathilde I don't take most of Europe CP seriously,Mary was on the top of my list:p
maybe I'll change my opinion about her now:)

La visita secreta de la princesa Mary a las tropas danesas en Afganistán

according to HOLA, mary visited on sunday Camp Bastion and Armadillo, where she toured the camp sites to see the operations being carried out. afterwards she went to the "price" camp where she met the mayor of Gereshk and where she slept. the next day she and the rest of the danish delegation came back to Camp Bastion, where they were informed on the situation in afganistan. afterwards they visited Kandahar where they toured the camp hospital of the US and they met with the NATO troops chief.

Thats a detailed plan, who is the NATO troops chief?
I'm really glad that she went. :)

It's good to know her visit was well publicized especially as it's rare for a royal woman to do military visits. Usually royal men do them.

Well done, Ma'am , the Danes will have SOON their new "DIANA"

Well done, Ma'am , the Danes will have SOON their new "DIANA"
Much as I loved the late Diana, Princess of Wales, I am very happy for CP Mary to be just 'Mary' and be herself.

Diana, Princess of Wales did a lot of good but in the end did not have a very happy life. I am contented to let each European crown princess be herself and do their own good works for their individual monarchies.:flowers:

Very high resolution pics of Mary visiting Afghanistan: find stuff: mary

With comments:

#1: Mary is here seen with former Minister of Defence, Søren Gade. A very popular minister he had to resign recently.

#2: Mary in one of the post providing perimiter defence. I can't remember off hand where it was. I believe it was the Danish main operations base in Helmand.

#3: Mary addressing members of the 2nd Recon Squadron from the Guards Hussars. That unit had suffered pretty heavy casualties prior to and after Mary's visit.
Danish soldiers are welcome to grow beards as beards are seen as a sign of maturity in rural Afghanistan.

#4: Mary in front of a memorial, in Camp Bastion I believe. With the US commander, the Chairman of Parliament, Thor Pedersen, and Søren Gade.

#5: The Defence Minister addressing the soldiers. Mary gave her speech at the same event.

#7: Mary and her LiW, Caroline Heering, exiting the helicopter after landing at the main operations base.

#8: Handing over equipment after landing. You can see the outline of the ceramics plate in her fragmentation vest.
A member of her protection detail from FET = the Defence Intelligence Service, is seen with the back to her.

#10: Mary exiting an artillery radar.
The purpose is to spot incoming shells, rockets and what not. Issue a warning in the camp and direct counter battery fire to the origin of where the round came from.

#12: Mary is being presented with the unit shield from 2nd Recon Squadron. An honor in itself. Note that she is wearing the badges of several units on her arm. A big compliment.
This squadron is stationed on the island of Bornhom in the Baltic.

#13: Mary is informed about the equipment of a medic.
Equipment I'm pretty familiar with myself from Croatia.

#14: Mary also visited the Danish field hospital there. A needle was shot by Mary into the knee of a male nurse. Unfortunately the needle got stuck.
Shock treatment. In my days we slammed a needle into the shinbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom