The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well done, Ma'am , the Danes will have SOON their new "DIANA"

Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiomar View Post
In Brazil:
More:

Folha Online - Mundo - Princesa Mary visita tropas dinamarquesas no Afeganistão - 01/12/2009

Princesa Mary visita tropas dinamarquesas no Afeganistão

Others:

Mary von Dänemark: Gestatten, Leutnant Mary! - BUNTE

Which Princess Went to Afghanistan to Show Support for Her Country's Troops? : Vanity Fair | Vanity Fair

Old 12-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Well done, Ma'am , the Danes will have SOON their new "DIANA"
Much as I loved the late Diana, Princess of Wales, I am very happy for CP Mary to be just 'Mary' and be herself.

Diana, Princess of Wales did a lot of good but in the end did not have a very happy life. I am contented to let each European crown princess be herself and do their own good works for their individual monarchies.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Very high resolution pics of Mary visiting Afghanistan: find stuff: mary

With comments:

#1: Mary is here seen with former Minister of Defence, Søren Gade. A very popular minister he had to resign recently.

#2: Mary in one of the post providing perimiter defence. I can't remember off hand where it was. I believe it was the Danish main operations base in Helmand.

#3: Mary addressing members of the 2nd Recon Squadron from the Guards Hussars. That unit had suffered pretty heavy casualties prior to and after Mary's visit.
Danish soldiers are welcome to grow beards as beards are seen as a sign of maturity in rural Afghanistan.

#4: Mary in front of a memorial, in Camp Bastion I believe. With the US commander, the Chairman of Parliament, Thor Pedersen, and Søren Gade.

#5: The Defence Minister addressing the soldiers. Mary gave her speech at the same event.

#7: Mary and her LiW, Caroline Heering, exiting the helicopter after landing at the main operations base.

#8: Handing over equipment after landing. You can see the outline of the ceramics plate in her fragmentation vest.
A member of her protection detail from FET = the Defence Intelligence Service, is seen with the back to her.

#10: Mary exiting an artillery radar.
The purpose is to spot incoming shells, rockets and what not. Issue a warning in the camp and direct counter battery fire to the origin of where the round came from.

#12: Mary is being presented with the unit shield from 2nd Recon Squadron. An honor in itself. Note that she is wearing the badges of several units on her arm. A big compliment.
This squadron is stationed on the island of Bornhom in the Baltic.

#13: Mary is informed about the equipment of a medic.
Equipment I'm pretty familiar with myself from Croatia.

#14: Mary also visited the Danish field hospital there. A needle was shot by Mary into the knee of a male nurse. Unfortunately the needle got stuck.
Shock treatment. In my days we slammed a needle into the shinbone.