Crown Princess Mary Scholarship Event: 2005-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely landed efter her visit in Burkina Faso hard working Crown Princess Mary today presented her scholarships from the Crown Princess Mary Scholarship:

First picture:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChN95eAU0AEjYfB.jpg:large

The recipients are Tempe & Winifred and the Australian Ambassador Damien Miller also present. The woman is Lykke Friis. She is a former minister.

Thanks, Roskilde. :)

Yes, and when Lykke Friis left the then government the average IQ was halved.

Mary landed in Denmark just 3 hours before she showed up to her next event, when she today presented The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship at the University of Copenhagen.

Billed Bladet reports that Mary landed in Denmark after her trip to Burkina Faso early in the afternoon, and 3 hours later she was ready at the Copenhagen City Hall :) :coffee:

Picture of Mary arriving:
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...g?ig_cache_key=MTIzOTI1MzU2NjM5NjQ4ODAxMA==.2

Picture and article from Billed Bladet:
Kronprinsesse Mary fra Burkina Faso til legatfest i København | BILLED-BLADET

ADDED:
Busy weeks for Mary and Frederik... I guess they have taken a quiet evening tonight before they go to birthday party in Sweden tomorrow.

Last edited:
:previous: Busy Crown Prince Couple .
Mary always with a smile and great attitude. She enjoys her work

:previous:

It has been some very busy days. According to BB articles, Margrethe and Benedikte will attend the 'Te Deum' this Saturday morning, but they don't mention M&F.
So I wonder if they first arrive in Stockholm during this morning.

After such busy days :)

I was right in my prediction:

The TV2 live-study just mentioned that only Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte participating in 'Te Duem' this morning.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will encounter later in the day and attend among things in afternoon's gala dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Yes it looks like they arrive to Sweden in the late morning. They were there for the reception and balcony and the gala.
I'm sure they preferred a night at home with the kids after days of travel and busy agendas. :flowers:

another article about the awards this year
Kronprinsessen uddeler legater til australske udvekslingsstuderende – Københavns Universitet

"- Studying abroad is often quite different than at home. When you leave the familiar and plunges into something new, it is both a great challenge and a great experience. Right now you will experience at first hand the cultural differences and similarities between Australia and Denmark and thus have a global perspective on things, said HRH Crown Princess Mary ...
- You're both two students out of the ordinary with your high academic level and social engagement. By coming the long way here, you too have shown great curiosity. I hope your stay in Denmark and studies at the University of Copenhagen have given you valuable experience and friendships that will last a lifetime" :flowers:

"HRH The Crown Princess presents scholarships from The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship. University of Copenhagen.

The scholarship is awarded to two exchange students from the University of Copenhagen's Australian partner universities each year in connection with students' stay in Denmark. The scholarship is of 10,000 kroner. The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship is being awarded for the 13th time this year and was part of the University's wedding gift for the Crown Prince couple in 2004."

pictures from today
https://www.facebook.com/detdanskek...6496322688954/476493899355863/?type=3&theater

:previous: video and article
VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary afslører: Nyt medlem af familien | BILLED-BLADET

And from what I understand from the article, there is an exchange student living in Amalienborg. Not sure if with the CP family or elsewhere?

:previous: That's correct.

A female Australian exchange student is currently living at home with M&F.
That means the exchange student as much as practically possible also takes part in the day to day life of the host family. - I.e. meals and whatever you do when you are at home with the family, including the odd family visit.
The student study economy at Copenhagen University.

Joachim and our Marie have on several occasions had au pairs living at Schackenborg.

Last edited:
:previous: Cool. We can only be proud of the way Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary approach to "being royal" and how they reaches out their arms to ordinary people, now also with opening their home. They create brand new times for the DRF. It's will be exciting to experience them on the throne.

Pictures of Mary arriving and being photographed with the flower girl:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTo8QQ-Dkk3/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpDUJDBEB2/

And here a gallery:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=679883622199057&id=235227816664642

Here's another nice gallery of the presentation of the scholarships yesterday:

** ppe gallery **

:previous: That's correct.

A female Australian exchange student is currently living at home with M&F.
That means the exchange student as much as practically possible also takes part in the day to day life of the host family. - I.e. meals and whatever you do when you are at home with the family, including the odd family visit.
The student study economy at Copenhagen University.

Joachim and our Marie have on several occasions had au pairs living at Schackenborg.

That's wonderful! I wonder what the exchange student thought when they found out who their host family would be? It's a great opportunity for the student, and equally fantastic for the four royal children to get to know a young Australian well.. one who's not a family member, I mean.

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #19, 2017.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As you know Mary recently presented the Crown Princess Mary Scholarship grants to two Australian exchange students. They are by no means the only Australians studying in DK, there is at least one more who lives with M&F and she was mentioned by Mary in her speech, where Mary told about the things they and the resident student has been talking about while in DK: "As most exchange students she talked about her personal development, about expanding her academic skills, her views on life, the experiencing a new vulture and about getting new friends and generally about having fun in a different country. So there wasn't anything new or too interesting in that part of the conversation.
She did however mention that she regretted not having signed up for a language-class in Danish. She genuinely felt that it would all-rounded/completed or supplemented her overall experiences during her stay in Denmark.
One of the little funny examples we talked about was the use of a word that can easily be misunderstood, because the English word has a different meaning in Danish, and as such can give a wrong perception of what she was. That was a mistake I often made myself when I came to the country , so I thought that she should know that the English word full, which means you've eaten too much. In the Danish translation it means you've drunk too much. (*)
I thought it would be better if I introduced her to the sentence: Jeg er mæt, which means: I'm full".

Mary also explained about the Danish Academic Fifteen Minutes: "That is something that does not exist at her university, so to one of her first lessons she arrived on time, just like all the other foreign students and fifteen minutes later the professor and the Danish students arrived. (**) She thought that was a bit special. But all in all she's enjoying her stay - both academically and socially. She's really trying to get to know Denmark, which is a good idea, also in getting impressions from outside Copenhagen. And she's learned a little Danish".

Our reporter asked Mary for details about their exchange student, but: "That's a private matter". But asked about how it was to have the student at home, she replied: "That's a big pleasure".

Around the same time in Hobart, Tasmania. John Donaldson and Jane Stephens presented grants to four Danish students in Australia.
The whole thing took place aboard a ferry that is about to be delivered to Denmark. (Tasmania has delivered several ferries to Denmark in recent years). Present was also the Danish ambassador to Denmark.

(*) I don't know if it's the journalist or Mary who messed up this sentence. Full in English of course means you can't eat a bite more. But the Danish word "fuld", which sounds almost the same as full, means drunk.

(**) While the Academic Fifteen Minutes may apply to Copenhagen University it does not apply to business schools and professional schools in DK! It is very much frowned upon if you come late to the lessons!

And here is this weeks scans: BB #19, 2017

Last edited:
Mary presents the Crown Princess Mary Scholarship.

Every year, the Scholarship is awarded to two exchange students from the University of Copenhagen's Australian partner universities in connection with the students' stay in Denmark.
The scholarship was part of the University of Copenhagen's wedding gift for the Crown Prince couple in 2004 and will be awarded for the 14th time this year.

Legatoverrækkelse fra The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship | Kongehuset

Here a few more photos from the he Crown Princess Mary Scholarship at the University of Copenhagen.It looked like a lovely late Spring evening for the event.

PPE Agency

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

The flowergirl is the best part of that story, she's really dolled up for occasion. :lol:

And here is a video, where Mary demonstrates what the Danes do every Spring when the sun comes out for real.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...nprinsesse-marys-herlige-parodi-paa-danskerne
Not sure how true it is, but I have actually seen Russians do just that, but in the later winter months. The difference being that the Russians were hardly wearing anything under their heavy, but open. coats! Brrrr!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom