Crown Princess Mary Scholarship Event: 2005-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Copenhagen Post

A warm g’day from Crown Princess Mary
Welcome to Denmark! Welcome to Copenhagen University

Party-crashing was how vice-chancellor Lykke Friis put it! She was speaking in her usual energetic and forthright manner to the participants at a day of lectures about Australia in the new auditorium at Copenhagen University.

She was also speaking to two young Australian students who had won the Crown Princess Mary Award to study for a year in Denmark. And she was speaking in the presence of the Crown Princess herself.
The award presentation ceremony was held as the culmination of a conference organised by the European Association of Studies of Australia, which The Copenhagen Post reported from last week.
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and the auditorium was packed when the sleek black cars slid up to the red carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday, May 22, 2008 (Afternoon event) HRH The Crown Princess attends the presentation of "The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship" at Copenhagen University.

Picture and Mary's speech in english can be found here

A very thoughtful wedding gift from Copenhagen University. Too bad that 2009 will be the last year for the awards. I noticed that at least Mary's 2006-2008 speeches are on the CP couple's website. Maybe a clue to how much she appreciated the gift.

I was amused that in last year's (2007) speech, she asked the winners how their three weeks of intensive Danish lessons were going. :)

The awards of 10.000 Danish krons are said to be for "living expenses." I noticed that one award winner said (in a newspaper interview) that it would allow her to afford to study in Denmark for an entire year rather than a single semester. Would that be accurate?

Perhaps it supplemented the funds she already had and that enabled hr to study there a year?

Cat

Thursday, May 22, 2008 (Afternoon event) HRH The Crown Princess attends the presentation of "The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship" at Copenhagen University.

Picture and Mary's speech in english can be found here
I think from reading this speech, you can slighty guess that CP Mary misses her home a little, but is very happy and proud to now be a dane.:flowers:

I think from reading this speech, you can slighty guess that CP Mary misses her home a little

I noticed that, too. :)
Hasn't it been nearly a year and one-half since she last visited Australia?

In my post yesterday, I was not sufficiently descriptive in my question. I have no idea of the cost of living in Denmark. I'm just curious: could 10.000 Danish krons pay for rent or food for one or two months? In practical terms, how much help would this award really be?

Here are some more pics:

Crown Princess Mary Crown Princess Mary presents The Princess Mary
Scholarship at Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark - 18 May
2009 She presented The Princess Mary Scholarship to two Australian
students, Rebecca James from the University of Queensland and Jeffrey
Feng from the University of Sydney .

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** IBL gallery **

Last edited:
I didn't know about this Scholarship, until I found it today. Reading and looking back on the other posts with pictures, this looks like an incredible event. Mary looks wonderful as ever, and congratualtions to the people with her. Thank you for all the links. x

I think this is a nice event and for Australian students to study in Denmark. Mary looked nice at this event. I liked how in her speech she addressed each one of the two students.

Profesional, sweet outfit ! LOVE the shoes (they are VALENTINO and she wore them the day of her engagement) and I love the pants and shirt, and most of all her beautiful smile.

First pics of today!

Crown Princess Mary handed out the Crown Princess Mary's
Scholarship at the Copenhagen University, May 12, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

:ohmy: She is breathtaking! I started to miss some Mary fix for a while ;) and I couldn't ask for better pictures. Thank you!

She always seems to really enjoy this award, it must be a real thrill for her. I think she looks lovely and fresh.

I didnot like some of the poses with students, Mary looked a bit not her self in them but many of the other pictures were really nice and showed a cery confident, happy Mary.
I like her new hair color and the suit which was a really good choice for the event.

Zimbio Gallery

She always seems to really enjoy this award, it must be a real thrill for her. I think she looks lovely and fresh.

That's a good point, missjane. How wonderful she must feel to make a real impact in students' lives with a scholarship in her name! I know that I would feel proud to use my position in such a positive way.

The young lady with the brunette hair is from Brisbane, and the other from Canberra.

I think it's nice, and important for Mary, that she maintains a connection with Australia through a means that is really worthwhile. It must be nice for her to know she can broaden the scope of her encouragement and patronage far beyond the borders of Denmark. And what better country than that of her beloved homeland.

Mary once said that she can't help smiling widely everytime Australia is brought to her mind. Those pictures show that she must feel something special at this particular event of the year. Her beaming face is contagious!

June 19, 2012 - HRH Crown Princess hands over "The Crown Princess Mary Scholarship" at the University of Copenhagen, Nørregade 10, at. 10.00.

Here is the first article with a photo
Click here

Another article with a few pictures (click to enlarge)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom