Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how her beautiful LIW now blends into the back ground. Perhaps no more sister acts.

It's probably the way the dress is cut or she has gained a little weight.

I'm sorry, but the dress is horrible! She is too young to dress like that! Green is, however, a good color for her skin tone and hair color.

Princess Mary should feel very secure because her Lady in waiting is always behind her, that must be very good for her!She is lovely in that green dress very summer

I was watching the video of Mary at the Fashion Fair and noticed that she was speaking Danish with everybody.

I wonder is she is still taking Danish classes or if now she feels comfortable with the knowledge of the language that she has obtained so far.

Roxsteve said:
I'm sorry, but the dress is horrible! She is too young to dress like that! Green is, however, a good color for her skin tone and hair color.
I agree, dress is horrible. the color is beautiful. Maybe if the print was smaller it would be nice. Mary looks good.

Mary seems lost in the "active" print on her dress.

I like green color emerald, but I think Mary has been mistaken choosing that dress, it´s horrible.....
Mary is so sophisticated and wants to be so fashion that she loses the sense of the elegance.

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
Perhaps it´s weak, but it´s very true:rolleyes: :lol:

I agree that this may not be Mary's best dress but to say she is not elegant is kind of harsh. I have seen Mary wear very elegant things. I think all the princesses are relatively elegant but sometimes a fashion choice comes along that isn't so great. :ermm:

Heidi P. said:
Mary seems lost in the "active" print on her dress.
I feel the same way. Eventhough it's probably a fun idea to wear butterfly print, it's just too "loud".

Great pictures, p_p! Mary looked so happy and relaxed! :king:
I really like her shoes!

I'm sure this dress was made by Denmark fashion otherwise she wouldn't wear it in this occasion! Her Lady in Waiting is now in a very back position and wearing black! Yes I think that is a good choice because the last time I saw them together in a formal occasion this new lady in waiting almost look the same as Princess Mary!

Last edited:
The dress looks like a 60s "house dress"- base colour is good but style and pattern are too retro, too old fashioned.

I agree, the dress is dreadful. The print is bad, the cut is bad, the fit is bad, and the color is putrid.

I also agree with lauritas that sometimes Mary tries to be fashionable at the expense of elegance. An occasion that comes to mind is the German visit when she wore the blouse that hung out. It was the fashion last winter, but it looked sloppy. I prefer her simple dresses, like the white one she wore a few months ago, and the Grecian style dresses she wears sometimes.

When I first saw this dress, I though 'oh no...' but this dress really grew on me. The colour looks absolutely beautiful on her and its such a hard colour to pull off. I admire that Mary has the courage to take risks like this and I think this is one of those dresses that you either love or hate.

She practically sparkles in some of these photos, and I think she looks elegant and fashionable at the same time. I love those shoes too, although I'd probably prefer it in another colour.

Tiff

The dress is bold, but so is Mary. I love it on her.

Will Mary come to the US any time soon?

I don't know what to think about it. I've seen two videos from this event on the internet - I must say - I was surprised a bit. I don't know whether her Danish is good or not - but she was walking around and saying "ja" (or "yeah") all the time, and smiling. It was .... I'm not sure. It looked like - she didn't understood what people were talking to her, or maybe she wasn't very interested in? And she tried to make good impression on them.

Well, I think it must be still hard for her to understand everything that people are talking to her! IMO Danish is a very hard language (for a non-scandinavian person) to lean. The sound of the language is totally different. A friend of mine moved to Denmark some years ago and she still cannot speak it perfectly.
I really admire Mary for learning it in a "good" time (even if she got help of private teachers). :rolleyes:

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 said:
When I first saw this dress, I though 'oh no...' but this dress really grew on me. The colour looks absolutely beautiful on her and its such a hard colour to pull off. I admire that Mary has the courage to take risks like this and I think this is one of those dresses that you either love or hate.

She practically sparkles in some of these photos, and I think she looks elegant and fashionable at the same time. I love those shoes too, although I'd probably prefer it in another colour.

Tiff

I absolutely ADORE this dress!!!! I love to see Mary wearing different things and the color, the print, the cut... everything is just beautiful about this dress. Mary really stands out from the crowd!!!!!! :wub:

I also love Mary's shoes and earings. I find those shoes and earings match with this amasing dress perfectly.

I think Mary looks really beautiful and exotic on this dress which is so feminine, elegant and fashionable at the same time.

Last edited:
I love the fabulous colours in this dress! :flowers: It looks great on Mary!

seto said:
It's probably the way the dress is cut or she has gained a little weight.

No, she doesn't look like she gained at all. She looks like her usual self, only darker...must have been a pretty nice vacation!

I love the colour of the dress!!
That colour green looks great on Mary, and I love the way she matched the eyeshadow to the dress. Also, I like bold pattern of the dress. It's true, it's one of those dresses that you absolutely love or you hate, no in between.

I have to admit that the butterflys are a bit on the large side, though.

Mary's dress is beautiful: color, style and pattern; earrings match perfectly. It's quite bold dress but Mary looks perfectly in it. I don't know why some think it's green, to me the dress seems turquoise, but I might be wrong of course.:)

Seems Anne Mette Gregers was not having a good day writing this on day 2 of the fahion week:lol:
Fashion dictator
3 years ago she was a shy woman with scared deer eyes of all the hubaloo that her engagement to the Danish Prince created; now she rules the fashion fair

Today, 2 years and 3 months after Mary Donaldson became Danish Crown Princess she puts her nose in the sky and rules like Queen when she is on duty. Regent the 34 year old Commoner born woman will never be, that is a job for the consort, Fredrik, born to take over for his mother, Queen Margrethe. But instead of finding her place in the royal hierarchy Mary has in her short time as Crown Princess created her own little world to rule. The Danish fashion world

As soon as the fashion conscious Australian woman became Danish Crown Princess she became patron of not only the fashion fair, but also Designer nest, the organisation for Scandinavian fashion designers in the making.

The latter she visited to hand over the Designers Nest award to the talent of the year – Riina Hirvonen. And the fanshion world is in ecstasy over their always well dressed patron, and Mary rules like she wished when she is on work in the line of duty for the Danish fashion industry

From the Crown Princely homepage it was announced that she would arrive at 12.15 to the fashion faire in CPH vision and designers nest, but during the morning that Fashion Princess according to EB information let the press know that she would be late. That meant that after arrival she only gave a short Hi and thanks to the 12 year old flower girl Monique, before she with straight posture and the nose in the air hurried trough the fashion hall and a high speed to her reserved spot for the first fashion show of the day.

Before her arrival she had dictated that no photographers and no guests with cameras were allowed to sit across her, because she did not want to be disturbed during the show. Afterwards on her way trough the stands, carefully chosen after the Princess wish and taste in clothes, she did not notice people or animals (read: the press) but she focuses on small talk with her Danish fashion favourites. The reporter from TV2 tried with a –“Your Royal Higness” but was totally ignored, on the other hand it was royal cheek kisses and see you soon to designer Naja Lauf and royal best wishes to the designer duo Munth plus Simonsen who just barely avoided bankruptcy http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning/kongelige/article218177.ece
On the other side of the spectre we find Sara Schlütter who has this to say about her from the first day of the fashion week
Beautiful Mary to fashion week
CP Mary was on Thursday guest of CIFF in Bellacenter.
The CP was dressed in a beautiful green wrap dress when she Thursday visited the fashion week in Copenhagen. The dress with long sleeves with big butterflies show clearly that the Danish crown Princess if incredible stylish and a glorious ambassador for the Danish fashion world. The CP who is patron of the fashion week is known for her big knowledge of fashion and her big work as an ambassador for Danish fashion abroad. Both Danish and international fashion experts ranks Mary high on the list of the most stylish people in the world, some have even compared her to the number one style icon Jackie Kennedy. http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=460668:fid=100300158/
Both articles are a bit overdone in different directions IMO.

And from Uffe Jørgensen in BT about the flower christening
Marys big flower day
All of Denmark’s Mary was yesterday at Odense Flower festival and was godmother of a new flower. Thousands of people from Odense had come to the opening if the 7th flower festival. On the grand opening it was not the flowers but CP Mary that was the big attraction HRH had been called upon to open the festival, but also had a very special task. With a big smile and a big clunk of Champagne, Mary named a flower after her, while the big crowd was listening : Kronprinsessens Klokkeblomst in the name of the purple beauty. It is always an honour to give name to a flower she told after it was over. The flower is produced by Kristian Madsen from Fairytale Flowers. http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=462000/
There is a picture special at the link

Last edited:
Thanks for the articles Larzen :)

So, Ekstra Bladet's reporter did not get preferential treatment in any way from Mary - LOL.
It always makes my day to see EB try to strike back in this manner - they really are so primitive.:ROFLMAO:

Yes I really think that Princess Mary had change a lot since she became a Princess, this is a very positive change and now we can look at her and say that she is a very elegant and determinate women

Last edited:
Princess Mary is very tender with children what shows her warm and nice personality. Sh has no afraid to touch them and to look in their eyes, and they seem to enjoy a lot her presence.

Beautiful Mary to fashion week
CP Mary was on Thursday guest of CIFF in Bellacenter.
(...) The dress with long sleeves with big butterflies show clearly that the Danish crown Princess if incredible stylish and a glorious ambassador for the Danish fashion world. Both Danish and international fashion experts ranks Mary high on the list of the most stylish people in the world, some have even compared her to the number one style icon Jackie Kennedy. [URL="http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=460668:fid=100300158/"]http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=460668:fid=100300158/
[/URL]

Compare Princess Mary with Jackie Kennedy is too much, IMO. Jackie was like Audrey Hepburn, two natural classy women. No matter how much I like Mary, she is legant because she dresses very well, with cloths of very good quality and designed by good fashion designers. But when I see pictures of her before she got engaged or when she is on vacation, dressed with casual cloths, I don't find her elegant. Jacky Kennedy was always elegant. Even with a pair of vulgar slippers she would be Elegant.

Regina said:
Princess Mary is very tender with children what shows her warm and nice personality. Sh has no afraid to touch them and to look in their eyes, and they seem to enjoy a lot her presence. I think that is also due to her being a mother!

Compare Princess Mary with Jackie Kennedy is too much, IMO. Jackie was like Audrey Hepburn, two natural classy women. No matter how much I like Mary, she is elegant because she dresses very well, with cloths of very good quality and designed by good fashion designers. But when I see pictures of her before she got engaged or when she is on vacation, dressed with casual cloths, I don't find her elegant. Jacky Kennedy was always elegant. Even with a pair of vulgar slippers she would be Elegant.
I totally agree with you, she is very elegant, but some good makeup, good dresses, good hair dress can make miracles to anyone!

I admire her...!!!..She´s so elegant, always impeccable...good choice about her clothes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom