Crown Princess Mary on Economic Mission to Texas: March 10-13, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting!

A solo-trip.
That's usually something M&F do together and sometimes Frederik alone.

Interesting!

A solo-trip.

Indeed. Very much building up to serving the country as Queen-Consort!

But isn't Frederik going on a state visit in March to Argentina? So maybe it was decided that CP Marry can do this solo trip....she is certainly very capable.

She sure is.
And this is IMO an extra pad on her shoulder.

They wouldn't send Mary if they weren't sure she can "sell" on her own. Is able to mingle with suits, without saying anything she shouldn't. And is high ranking and interesting enough to attract the appropriate attention in her own right.
There is also a little politics in such a visit, in the sense that she is likely to drop by the governor of Texas to say officially hi.

To me this indicates that the politicians as well as the business people have full confidence in her.

I wonder if she'll visit Clear Lake School while in Houston? That would be a nice trip down memory lane for her -- and a treat for the students, too!

How exciting! Im sure Mary well do so well, she already had a little practice run going to Finland last year in Frederik's place.
It will be a busy March for the DRF: Frederik to Canada 3-6, Mary to Texas 10-13, and then the Queen and Frederik to Argentina 18-20.

Interesting!

A solo-trip.

This visit seems to be mostly about culture and creative industries, with the minister of culture accompanying her. She did a similar visit to Seattle last year.

"The campaign is a part of a multi-year push to promote Danish culture in the USA backed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture. Last year, Her Royal Highness helped to launch the campaign, which will strengthen Danish arts and culture throughout the USA. At that time, the launch took place in Seattle"

Mary sure is going to be busy in spring! This will be interesting to follow.

Mary's agenda for Texas

Monday, March 11, 2019
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the breakfast event "Women in Leadership & How to Inspire the Next Generation of Women Leaders"
HRH The Crown Princess participates in a tour of the South By Southwest festival
HRH The Crown Princess visits the food event "Danish Gastronomy - A Michelin Experience"
HRH The Crown Princess meets with Texas' Governor Greg Abbot
HRH The Crown Princess attends the performance piece "Tow with the Flow"
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the music event "JaJaJa x Roskilde Festival: Meet the Nordics"
HRH The Crown Princess attends a reception at the exhibition house House of Scandinavia

Tuesday March 12, 2019
HRH The Crown Princess meets with the mayor of Houston, Sylvester Turner, at Houston City Hall
HRH The Crown Princess attends the launch of cooperation between Denmark and Houston with a focus on urban development and climate adaptation
HRH The Crown Princess attends a gala dinner at the Museum of Fine Arts

Wednesday March 13, 2019
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the launch of health cooperation between Denmark and Texas at Texas Medical Center
HRH The Crown Princess visits the energy conference CERAweek
HRH The Crown Princess participates in the opening of the exhibition "Statecraft: Selections from the Jewelry Collection of the Danish Arts Foundation" at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft

Who's accompanying Mary, apart from her lady-in-waiting?

:previous:

The Danish Minister for Culture Mette Bock is accompanying her.

Who's accompanying Mary, apart from her lady-in-waiting?

A Danish non-entity, the Minister for Culture and EU Commissioner Margrethe Vestager. - During the last government she was the de facto leader of the government.
Personally I can hardly stand the sight of her, but she is very competent!

Last edited:
:previous: There was a segment with Mary meeting this band and swaying along to the rhythms.
Mary was in great mood!

- I think you could clearly tell that she had been speaking Englsih for most of the day, her accent was much more pronounced than usual.
Nothing wrong with her mastery of spoken Danish, just that her accent became more obvious.

:previous: There was a segment with Mary meeting this band and swaying along to the rhythms.
Mary was in great mood!

- I think you could clearly tell that she had been speaking Englsih for most of the day, her accent was much more pronounced than usual.
Nothing wrong with her mastery of spoken Danish, just that her accent became more obvious.

Do you mean her Danish had an Australian accent or that her English had its Australian twang? :lol: You can certainly tell where she if from when she speaks English!

Do you mean her Danish had an Australian accent or that her English had its Australian twang? :lol: You can certainly tell where she if from when she speaks English!

That I can't tell. Just more accent. :ermm:

Only natural I guess. Perhaps especially for someone who learned a foreign language fairly late in life. Especially a language that lack many of the sounds that Danish has. (I would I imagine be easier for someone speaking German or French (and Hindi, I've been told) to get the Danish vowels.

Last edited by a moderator:
what an exciting trip for mary - didn't she live some time in houston when she was growing up?

:previous:

In case I remember it correctly for one year as a girl, yes.

Here are some more photos of day 2 today, March 12:

** gettyimages gallery **

How is the climate and lifestyle in Houston compared to say Sydney?

Different or pretty similar?

Back
Top Bottom