Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Nice photos. Sometimes you can definitely see she's pregnant but sometimes you really have to seek that bump. It's fascinating what can be done with the right clothes. Hiding a baby-bump without letting it look like you're hiding it (and perhaps not even really wanting it in the first place).

This reminds me of the biography of Baroness Von Trapp and the real "Sound of Music" story. The baroness, I read, hid a pregnancy right up to the ninth month when they were on tour in the States after escaping the Nazis, by making sure her "top shelf" protuded more! She said she laughed because she was constantly described in press clippings as "portly". :lol:

Australia's Daily Telegraph is reporting that Mary is in labour ... I guess they could have confused a checkup with a birth!

The Australian press can be relied upon to make things up as they go along. I never forget the headline when Mary was pregnant with Christian, it said; IT'S A GIRL" they knew definately her baby was going to be a girl. And then beautiful Christian came along. So I wouldn't take too much notice of the Aussie press.

The Australian press can be relied upon to make things up as they go along. I never forget the headline when Mary was pregnant with Christian, it said; IT'S A GIRL" they knew definately her baby was going to be a girl. And then beautiful Christian came along. So I wouldn't take too much notice of the Aussie press.

Wow, "It's a girl!" Just wow! :lol:

Seriously?! The doctor felt comfortable saying that to a Princess? Maybe this is a translation issue, but in English "shut up" is not exactly the most polite way to tell someone to be quiet. Although even if there is a more polite way of phrasing it in Danish, I'm still surprised he would say anything at all!

As rude as it was, and telling someone to shut up is rude, sometimes it's what's most warranted in a situation. Sometimes you need to beyond the pall to reign in a situation and if a woman who is in labor is really making a lot of noise, not necessarily because she's in excruciating pain, but because she's just making a lot of noise, telling her rather matter-of-factly to shut up might make her see she's being rather obnoxious and should control herself. That happened to me when I was having surgery on my left leg 12 years ago. I was 17, scared out of my wits, and not in pain so much as just terrified and unsure of what was going on, so I was scream-crying like I was being stabbed with a machete. A nurse came over and said "Oh for heaven's sake, shut up......you're not in that much pain." Was that the most tactful thing for her say? Absolutely not. Did it make me realize I was being ridiculous and needed to calm down? Yes.

I am getting a little edgy now, just twiddling my thumbs and waiting.

If one were to say one thinks Mary is a 4 letterword starting with M and ending with F, do one get banned then:)?

I dont think so, mattep74 !:flowers::ohmy:

Australia's Daily Telegraph is reporting that Mary is in labour ... I guess they could have confused a checkup with a birth!

I reckon the Aussie press will be FIRST with the story though :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the admission in hospital be announced at the website of the DRF?

Sounds like Braxton-Hicks contractions which are "false" contractions and they can be worse with each pregnancy as far as occurring and they can be really painful. To tell them from true labor, if they get better with walking around for a while and then after an hour or so go away, then they are B-H's.
If they don't go away with walking and if the cervix has changed then, true labor is starting. The key is whether they go away and if the cervix has changed or not. A lot of time when they occur more and more often, it is a prelude for true labor to start.

Will the admission in hospital be announced at the website of the DRF?
Can't remember if they did the last times, don't think so really
The tabloids usually pick it up first; A couple of days ago the tabloid Ekstra Bladet online promised a reward of DKK 5,000 to anybody with news of Mary's whereabouts. Even their anti-royalist readers commented negatively about that - that every pregnant woman should be allowed some peace.

That's awful. Poor Mary. As much as I want to know when the babies are going to arrive, I think every woman deserves some privacy during her pregnancy, especially during the end of it. I hope all of this tabloid & media nonsense isn't getting to Mary & causing her or the babies any stress. I don't remember there being this much fuss & anticipation when Mary was pregnant with Christian & Isabella, but I suppose everyone is excited & anxious because she's having twins. At this point, I just figure that she's going to have them when they're ready to come into this world.

The tabloids usually pick it up first; A couple of days ago the tabloid Ekstra Bladet online promised a reward of DKK 5,000 to anybody with news of Mary's whereabouts. Even their anti-royalist readers commented negatively about that - that every pregnant woman should be allowed some peace.

At the birth of Christian the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on October 14th at 21.00. Chistian was born October 15th at about 1.00
At the birth of Isabella the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on April 21st at 10.00. Isabella was born April 21st 16.00
I suppose that the announcements were made in answer to questions from the tabloids.

BTW I don't believe in smokescreans. A Royal Court's spokeswoman cannot allow herself to tell a half truth.
She will loose all reliability.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that EB has lowered the reward to kr. 1000,-

I read somewhere that EB has lowered the reward to kr. 1000,-
After a couple of false alarms ;) he he serves them right - the hypocrites. They are the first to be condenscending about the royal family and its members but when there are interesting (money earning potential for EB) things happening they are hyping everything up.

After a couple of false alarms ;) he he serves them right - the hypocrites. They are the first to be condenscending about the royal family and its members but when there are interesting (money earning potential for EB) things happening they are hyping everything up.

I can't describe the feeling I get, when EB wallows in hypocracy regarding the royals. On an every-day basis calling names and questioning their behaviour - sometimes from unsubstantiated or greatly inflated rumors - and more often than not - grabbed out of thin air - only to denigrate the monarchy. But when a positive story sells papers, (like in the event of a birth, marriage etc.) they are suddenly full of "extended editions" with pictures and cute strories - only to turn a week later and critizise everythinig about the events.

How I wish newspapers (journalists in general, really) were made as responsible for their actions as anyone else is regarding their job (i.e. if you bring a story that's false or contains untrue or inflated statements.

I wouldn't want to be in Mary's or Frederik's shoes in this particular moment. Giving birth is always a delicate event, all the more so when two babies are involved. Having to cope with the anticipation and stress of the event itself and of the increasing media-hype should be quite difficult. Kudos for both of them to have kept their tempers so far - no impatient or impolite gesture pictured by the omnipresent cameras so far...

They are a gossip magazine right?

If they are I can't say I'm surprised. The leeches thrive off things like this. They don't care about anyone's feelings. It's all about making $$$$. Crown Princess Mary is the hottest commodity right now in Denmark so I'm afraid to say there is not a chance in hell they will leave her alone. :sad:

Do you think she'll have the twins next week after Crown Prince Frederik cancelled his schedules for next Thursday? Mid January was probably the right prediction all along!

Last edited by a moderator:
As said on the previous page, engagements are cancelled all the time.
Nobody knows when the babies are going to arrive, I doubt even Mary knows.

mwinther & UserDane, I totally agree that EB are hypocrites and I certainly don´t support their way with rewards in any way.

As said on the previous page, engagements are cancelled all the time.
Nobody knows when the babies are going to arrive, I doubt even Mary knows.

It's still fun to speculate! Funny how the media started the mid January birthdate and now they might actually have a chance of getting it right.

Do you think she'll have the twins next week after Crown Prince Frederik cancelled his schedules for next Thursday? Mid January was probably the right prediction all along!

I don't know, A lot is possible.
My son in law took three weeks of holidays starting with the last week of July and the two first weeks of August.
Due date for my daughter was August 5th and the doctor was absolutely sure the child would be born during this holidays.
My granddaughter however was born on August 25th.
Three weeks before and two weeks after due date is perfect when you do it on the natural way.

Last edited:
They are a gossip magazine right?

If they are I can't say I'm surprised. The leeches thrive off things like this. They don't care about anyone's feelings. It's all about making $$$$. Crown Princess Mary is the hottest commodity right now in Denmark so I'm afraid to say there is not a chance in hell they will leave her alone. :sad:

Nah, they're a tabloid newspaper. But they don't shy away from anything. Sure, they were "offended" by the paparazzi hunt of Princess DI... the day after she died... and when that mood had cooled a bit, they were right back in the saddle - no scruples. As such, they get most of their headlines (and articles) from grossly inflated rumors, outright misrepresentation or free fantasy/wishful thinking. Usually in an attempt at discrediting someone - can be anyone, really - except themselves, of course. EB never puts a foot wrong - and if it seems they did, it's only because all other newspapers are chicken-**** and that EB is some sort of holy entity beyond reproach, no matter how big a turd they've managed to excrete on some innocent bystander.

Oh the drama of it all Denmark is such a small place and I wonder if Mary can breath at the moment with babies and the media pressing so hard against her. I guess it will all be over soon and the name game will begin in earnest....poor thing.

Oh the drama of it all Denmark is such a small place and I wonder if Mary can breath at the moment with babies and the media pressing so hard against her. I guess it will all be over soon and the name game will begin in earnest....poor thing.

Yes,it will be over soon,Frederik cancelled all his engagements and the medical teams are on standby which might point at a ceasarian for the twins this weekend,just as well.

The name game:two girls:Margrethe & Mathilda...
two boys:neither of the above
one girl one boy Elisabeth and Lucien.....why not...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom