Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't wait for these babies!!!

I'm so excited about it!!!

Me too :flowers: am checking the Danish news sites regularly to see if there might be anything about a birth starting ...

I think it would be nice if perhaps one twin could be born just before midnight and one just after, so each child could have his/her own birthday!

(I know, I know, what are the odds?)

I have a pair of friends who are twins who were born in separate years, 15 minutes apart. One was born at 11:52pm on 31 Dec 1982 and the second was born at 12:07am on 1 Jan 1983. Made for quite the story.

Similarly my younger sister has a set of twins in her close circle where they were born on separate dates, mere minutes from each other.

I have a pair of friends who are twins who were born in separate years, 15 minutes apart. One was born at 11:52pm on 31 Dec 1982 and the second was born at 12:07am on 1 Jan 1983. Made for quite the story.

Similarly my younger sister has a set of twins in her close circle where they were born on separate dates, mere minutes from each other.

Indeed, I went to high school with some twins who were born on either side of midnight - it's definitely not unheard of. Would be interesting if it happens that way with these two.

Either way, am looking forward to these two being born.

Indeed, I went to high school with some twins who were born on either side of midnight - it's definitely not unheard of. Would be interesting if it happens that way with these two.

Either way, am looking forward to these two being born.

My father's identical brother was born on the 22nd of October at 23:50, just a couple of minutes before my dad who was born on 00:03 on the 23rd of October.

This year they were both 60 and our families threw a surprise party at their family home. It was so lovely and they really enjoyed a lot having a joint birthday party, because since they were 18 they studied and lived in different countries and as children they never had an actual birthday party!

UserDane,

I'll celebrate with you and all of Denmark when these babies are born.

We've a very good bottle of bubbly on ice awaiting the happy event. Do join us!

(Actually, my husband who's very keen on Mary has had his loyalties divided since William became engaged to Catherine. But Mary remains his first 'love'.:))

Actually, news of an early arrival has been in the media all day. Both in papers and on the news.

I'm taking leave over the New Year and won't be anywhere near a computer so no doubt the babies will be born whilst I'm away...haha.

I am hoping for two princesses, but, as long as the children have five digits on either hand and either foot and are of good health, then what more could anyone ask for...

I hope the labor isn't a particularly long one for Mary.

UserDane,

I'll celebrate with you and all of Denmark when these babies are born.

We've a very good bottle of bubbly on ice awaiting the happy event. Do join us!

(Actually, my husband who's very keen on Mary has had his loyalties divided since William became engaged to Catherine. But Mary remains his first 'love'.:))

Thank you Polly, sounds delicious, I certainly will join you :wine:
It really must be any time now, mustn't it? :baby:

Cheers to your husband as well; sounds like a very loyal man :)

Last edited:
I have just found this site and await the birth of these precious babes.

sjetajiem said:
As I said: two princesses on December 31st

Last time you posted rumours, they were removed. Why start again?

I was so sure they would be worn this week, so I´m going to change my prediction: not sooner than January. Maybe this is the way that they´ll arrive tomorrow :lol:
Actually, I have to agree with somebody here that said that twins are usually planned births, and if so, the date is sure planned for January ( I think that any doctor would plan a birth a month before the due date).

There was a thing on my local news channel about her father being seen at the airport in Denmark and then that they missed their annual christmas vaction

Lady Felicity M said:
There was a thing on my local news channel about her father being seen at the airport in Denmark and then that they missed their annual christmas vaction

John and Susan have been in Denmark for christmas. I don't know if any other family members have flown over for Christmas or to help with the baby.

But 9 months are very close to 40 weeks, aren't they? A month with 31 days has usually 4 weeks and 3 days, so 9 months are 39 weeks and 6 days.

I believe the twins are born end of November or early in December. I also think they always give the date of 42 or 43 weeks of pregnancy in the official statement. Probably to reduce the stress through media to the mother.
When they tell January, then the real date is about the 31th December. So with 36 weeks pregnancy the twins might be born about 3rd December. When i'm right, she is now in her 28. week.

So in the end i was totally wrong.

Obviously they changed their system because they are twins and they usually aren't born in 40. week or even later.

Considering that Isabella was born on 21. April 2007 and pregnancy was announced 26. Oktober 2006; Christian was born 15. October 2005 and pregnancy was announced on 25. April 2005 (source for dates: Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Arkiv ). So there were 25 weeks and 2 days (Isabella) und 24 weeks 5 days (Christian) each between the announcement and the birth.
So I count 25 weeks to the announcement of the twins (06. August 2010).
06. August 2010 plus 25 weeks is 28. January 2011. I think, around 28. January the 40 weeks of pregnancy are over.

But as they are twins, i do not think it will take until 40. week. So my new guess for the birth is 07. January 2011.

Although it would be a nice start to the new year for Mary to have them in the next couple of days I believe it is likely they will be a planned birth as are a lot of twins.

If it is a planned birth I do not see it happening until after the new year (5th Jan onwards) when all the staff would be back working at the hospital.

Although there is a round the clock medical team ready for Mary if she goes into labour naturally it is very common for doctors etc to take Xmas holidays (I work in a paediatric hospital and elective surgery etc stops for 2-3 weeks to allow doctors to take a break)

They will not only want doctors and midwives available for the birth but potentially teams of neonatologists, paediatric intensive care or special care nurses for a couple of weeks afterwards and they will want all staff back on deck and refreshed after a Xmas break so that the continuous change of shifts of staff needed are all available and not needing to be called in.

Just my opinion of course - and babies tend to make an entrance when you least expect it!!

As I said: two princesses on December 31st

I just thought of something!:) You have stated this "prediction" since last week indicating that you had "inside information". If what you say is true, then the Dec 31 birth date is a planned delivery. But Dec 31 is also the day that the Queen gives the traditional New Year's Speech (albeit in the evening). The birth of the twins would totally overshadow the Queen's speech. So why would the Crown Prince Couple choose that date for the planned birth of the twins?:flowers:

I just thought of something!:) You have stated this "prediction" since last week indicating that you had "inside information". If what you say is true, then the Dec 31 birth date is a planned delivery. But Dec 31 is also the day that the Queen gives the traditional New Year's Speech (albeit in the evening). The birth of the twins would totally overshadow the Queen's speech. So why would the Crown Prince Couple choose that date for the planned birth of the twins?:flowers:

On the other hand it could also be a nice addition to the speech.:flowers:

True.:flowers: But the New Year's Speech is the one time of the year when the Queen is in sole focus as the Head of State. She usually adds some of her own personal thoughts to the speech. This year, the speech will be carried live not only in Denmark, but will be available to other countries as well via the internet.
How many are willing to bet, that if there is a planned birth on Dec 31, there will be some who will blame CP Mary for overshadowing the Queen? Just wait for it!:bang:

True.:flowers: But the New Year's Speech is the one time of the year when the Queen is in sole focus as the Head of State. She usually adds some of her own personal thoughts to the speech. This year, the speech will be carried live not only in Denmark, but will be available to other countries as well via the internet.
How many are willing to bet, that if there is a planned birth on Dec 31, there will be some who will blame CP Mary for overshadowing the Queen? Just wait for it!:bang:

I'll bet they would never schedule a planned birth for the days from 31st January till 4th or 5th January. With all the New Year Court activities they always have, the entire familiy are probably holding their breath praying that Mary won't give birth just then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom