Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the gist of this article?

Tivoli looks so pretty with all the lights.

This is what Mary said after the pre wedding party in Greece, according to the magazine edition:

Mary was asked after the party had ended: How is the pregnancy progressing?
M: "Fine, thank you. There are no problems. I'm fine".

Q: Do you know the gender of the twins?
M: "The first two times we didn't want to know, but you become more curious as the years go by".

Q: So you know what you are having?
M: "I'd rather not say anything about that".

Q: You will not or you cannot?
M: "I will not say anything" and smiled.

Its nice for parents to know what they are having but it does get annoying when people start asking IMO. She does have a girl & a boy so whatever she has im pretty sure she wont be bothered by.

Judging by that response I'm assuming that they do know the sex of the twins! If they didn't she would have just said that they didn't know! I hope they manage to keep it a secret so we can be surprised!

^I agree, it seems like they know! Of course she won't say anything, it's all about the surprise :)

There's an equal amount of boys and girls in both families. Mary had 2 sisters and a brother while Fred had a brother but QM had two sisters. Then on the DRF side Isabella is the girl and on Mary's family girls seem to dominate.

There's a chance that it could be 2 girls, 2 boys or one of each.

Clearly, they know it. I have the feeling that they will be boys:flowers::flowers:

I have a feeling that it will be boys, as well. Whatever they are, I'm sure Frederik and Mary will be more than happy and the gender doesn't matter as long as the babies are healthy and delivered safely.

It is fun to speculate tho.

I think too that be cause they already have boy & girl then there are no matter who will come in January:). Twins itself were big news already and I really too hope that Mary will be fine. Be cause she really seemed to be tired and with back hurt but on the other hand - pregnancy isn't sickness and surely she does her work until she can:).

But all this pressure about who comes is surely hard and I really really hope too that Mary & Frederick can keep it in secret until birth. But I can't deny that I personally hope that at least one twin will be girl...

Do you think the twins will be born on natural way or in a c-section?

I think will be born in a c-section...and in december because the twins never past the 36th weeks...

I think a c-section was planned as soon as the doctors discovered twins and that they have already taken into account an early delivery with the January date. Time will tell!:flowers:

I know that c-sections are more common when you are expecting twins - but this said, it is not my impression that Danish midwives and doctors are too keen on doing c-sections unless there is a distinct medical reason for it. So since Mary has had two natural births I think she will be giving birth the natural way if no medical necessity for a c-section arises.

I had originally assumed that the twins would be delivered by c section but then a doctor from the hospital confirmed that Mary would use the same midwife as the last two times and deliver in the same room which made me think it would perhaps be natural

This is what Mary said after the pre wedding party in Greece, according to the magazine edition:

Mary was asked after the party had ended: How is the pregnancy progressing?
M: "Fine, thank you. There are no problems. I'm fine".

Q: Do you know the gender of the twins?
M: "The first two times we didn't want to know, but you become more curious as the years go by".

Q: So you know what you are having?
M: "I'd rather not say anything about that".

Q: You will not or you cannot?
M: "I will not say anything" and smiled.

Thanks for the translation, Muhler!

For some strange reason I thought it had already been "spilled", at least here in Australia, that it was twin girls? I must have dreamt it....? :p

For some strange reason I thought it had already been "spilled", at least here in Australia, that it was twin girls? I must have dreamt it....? :p

It was. But I guess an Australian journalist was a bit too quick glancing through the various articles.
Mary twins are labbed Princess A & Prince B at Rigshospitalet. Just a little maternity ward joke I guess. Instead of labelling them baby A & baby B.

That sounds like most of the writers for the weekly Australian magazines, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

When someone should know the sex of the twins it will be only the parents and they will keep it for themselves.
I don't think there will be any "spilling"

Personally I hope it is one of each! I want to see what another girl and boy from them would look like and how similar to Christian and Isabella they would be. Also to get a new boy name and new girl name

And I did hear the same...twin girls! Only time will tell!

Oh yes, 2 more girls would be wonderful addition but we can hope that at least one is girl:flowers:.

Gender can't be important but hey - there are already enough boys in drf :).

But on the other hand - if there will be 2 more boys then well - Isabella can enjoy continually her "little princess" status in this amount of boys ...

The editor of the Australian magazine which ran the 'twin girls' story was asked by Australian TV show host for news of Mary's pregnancy. She cited the story about the hospital staff nick-names (she thought it was princess A and princess B she had read). Posted in this thread is the translation of the danish article about Princess A and Prince B.

And I did hear the same...twin girls! Only time will tell!
The editor was making a mistake, and had published the 'girls' article based on that mistake, because the original Danish articles definitely said Prince B.

:lol:

Carrying twins doesn't always mean a C-section. When I worked in Labor and Delivery, we had several sets of twins born vaginally. One set the babies each weighed over 6-7 lbs. It all depends on the babies' positions in the uterus, sizes and how Mom and babes do prenatally and in labor. There's a lot of variables.

I would prefer a boy & a girl
But the most important is that they were healthy.

So exited for them! Best news of the year.. Can't believe she manages to be so beautiful, expecting twins and caring for two children.. She is just amazing..

Mary is almost a mum of 4 and she is still fit and glam. Can I have her secret please?!

I would like one boy and one girl, but of course, it's all the same :flowers:

i hope for a girl and boys..but then one posted that it's also nice to have all girls so that isabella can have someone to play with...on the other hand, it's nice to have all boys so isabella can still be the darling of the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom