Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll announce the sex because if I remember correctly they don't like to find out themselves - I think Christian and Isabella were both surprises for them.

I'm hoping for:
1) identical girls
2) fraternal girls
3) one each
4) identical boys
5) fraternal boys

Really hoping for girls...we need more girl babies in the DRF!

Really hoping for girls...we need more girl babies in the DRF!

True, but poor little Christian! How could he ever survive surrounded by 3 girls? Baby girls are fierce you know :ROFLMAO: I hope it is going to be a boy and a girl, that would be a perfect balance.

I am also hoping for a boy and a girl. One more each to balance things out, and so that Christian and Bella each have a playmate of their own gender to grow up with. It would be nice.

Hope all goes well for the CP couple with the pregnancy.

I was hoping for the same, T4phage. That way, Frederick and Mary will have two of each - a nice balance. They'll definitely be done having children after this. 4 is a good, even number. I hope everything goes well for Mary and the new babies! :) Mary being the age she is, there's a higher chance that something could go wrong, so I hope everything is well with all of them and that the babies are perfectly healthy. They'll more than likely be born in December - most twins are about a month or so early. So probably around or shortly after Christmas, they'll be here.

I also agree with and think that after the twins they will be done. But then again, who knows. Maybe they will have another child, anything can happen and all in due time.
And most likely the twins will arrive as an early Christmas present for the CP family :)

Congrats to the Royal Couple!! :twohearts:

So how will the line of succession work with twins? Who ever is born first will be fourth in line and the second will be fifth?

Congrats to the Royal Couple!! :twohearts:

So how will the line of succession work with twins? Who ever is born first will be fourth in line and the second will be fifth?

First twin out will be number four, the second one out will be number five.
Whether they come out the natural way or by the aid of a doctor makes no difference.

There are posibillities for a lot of what-if's here...:D

Congrats to Mary & Frederik!:flowers: It's been a time since my last visit, what a surprise!

Great news! Conrgratulations for Mary and Frederik! Don't care what gender the babies will have as long they are healthy, because they will defenitely be beautiful! I'm so excited for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
First twin out will be number four, the second one out will be number five.
Whether they come out the natural way or by the aid of a doctor makes no difference.

There are posibillities for a lot of what-if's here...:D

Did Denmark change the laws of succession? I thought they still used male primogeniture (or however you say it), so that if both babies were boys, they would be 3rd and 4th in line and push Isabella to 5th. If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!

They changed the law last year. So if the first born child is a girl, she is the heir. And in this case, if the first twin is a girl she is No. 4. :flowers:

They changed the law last year. So if the first born child is a girl, she is the heir. And in this case, if the first twin is a girl she is No. 4. :flowers:

Thank you -- I did not realize that it had all been finalized. Good for Denmark, I say! :flowers:

I thought they changed the law before Prince Christian was born just it case it was a Princess Christina... ??? haha

As it's been said before this is not a thread to discuss and speculate
about pregnancies and health issues of other royal houses, therefore
some posts have been deleted.

Thanks for your understanding!

You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.:neutral:

I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.:neutral:

What "strange thoughts about this pregnancy" are you having?

I thought they changed the law before Prince Christian was born just it case it was a Princess Christina... ??? haha

Nope the law was altered and confirmed in 2009, but it didn't change the current line of succesion. However the children born in 2011, whichever way the come out will be 4th and 5th. :)

Wow, wow, wow!! What can I say? I´m on holidays, without Internet access, and it has been a long time since my last visit to the forums. And today I was going to see what news we had here (without expecting too much, to be honest, I was thinking that most of the royal families are on holydays too) and I find this! Mary pregnant with twins!!! :wub::w00t::clap::clap::flowers::)
this news has made my day :)
Congratulations for them, Frederick, Mary, Christian and Isabella, what a lovely family they´re going to be soon ;)
I wish Mary an easy pregnancy.
And this would be a clear message for Princess Marie, wouldn´t it?
Come on , Marie!:ROFLMAO:

If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!

That would've been interesting. Few minutes apart, yet #3 and #5.

And this would be a clear message for Princess Marie, wouldn´t it?
Come on , Marie!:ROFLMAO:

Why is it a clear message to Mary? Just because the CP is preganant doesn't mean Marie needs to be.

I don't think she "needs to be" pregnant, but she lately expressed her wish to have more children as soon as possible.

Did Denmark change the laws of succession? I thought they still used male primogeniture (or however you say it), so that if both babies were boys, they would be 3rd and 4th in line and push Isabella to 5th. If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!
Denmark changed the law of succession. The final stage of the 3-part process was completed in 2009.

Now, no matter what the gender of the children, the order of succession is the same as order of their births.

I think I know the website you may be writing about, yes they are quite vicious about Mary in particular over there. I believe in free speech and all that but some of the comments are so hateful, as if these people have a personal stake . Not everyone adores Mary, fair enough - but I don't understand why grown people would spend so much time thinking up what they must perceive as 'clever' vitriole to spew. Easy cowboys!! (And they read this site as well, and end up "dishing" on positive posts about Mary.:sad:
That's the one! I refuse to name it to give them publicity. It's actually very sad. They despise poor Princess Mary to the point of obsession. They most certainly read this site to ridicule other posters. I don't know how many of the posters are mothers but they should be ashamed of themselves for ridiculing Princess Isabella and Prince Christian. How would they feel if their children were being publicly ridiculed?
I will no longer discuss them or their site because frankly, they are unworthy of continued discussion. I too believe in free speech but slanderous allegations are a completely different matter. I really like the fact that this is a positive, respectful site. :flowers:

Yes, Wren, you are on to it! If people spoke like that about my children, I would feel sick and angry for sure. Shame on them and I too will not mention this site again.

This might be considered a conservative idea, but I really applaud Mary and Frederik for expanding their family beyond 2 children. It's a sociological fact that in countries where women have a higher standard of living, they have less children. The United States total fertility rate is 2.06 and Denmark's is lower at 1.74. You can see the stats here: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html

As I'm not Danish, I'm not sure if the Danish people see their royal family as role models. However, I think Mary and Frederik are showing great leadership in saying that more children is a very good thing. I see this in my own society that even with a very comfortable standard of living, couples don't think they can afford more kids because it would reduce their comfort level.

Children are wonderful and I'm so excited to follow Mary's journey in real time. I didn't know she existed until 2008, so this is the first pregnancy I can do that. :champagne:

:previous:

If having a large family is good, it's nice to see the Crown Prince and Crown Princess as role models. However, I think that, when it comes to reproduction of each of 7,000,000,000 human beings in the world, less is more. Other creatures should have some space too :)

This might be considered a conservative idea, but I really applaud Mary and Frederik for expanding their family beyond 2 children. It's a sociological fact that in countries where women have a higher standard of living, they have less children. The United States total fertility rate is 2.06 and Denmark's is lower at 1.74. You can see the stats here: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2127rank.html

As I'm not Danish, I'm not sure if the Danish people see their royal family as role models. However, I think Mary and Frederik are showing great leadership in saying that more children is a very good thing. I see this in my own society that even with a very comfortable standard of living, couples don't think they can afford more kids because it would reduce their comfort level.

Children are wonderful and I'm so excited to follow Mary's journey in real time. I didn't know she existed until 2008, so this is the first pregnancy I can do that. :champagne:
I love the idea of more children but the reallity it is if you have money to support them it is easy to have more children, in thier case they will have nannies for them plus already the nannies that they have for Isabella and Christian, and all the group of people woking in their household, so that way with money and help it is easier to have more kids. I would love personally to have more kids, I can not get my husband to agree, ust becasue of the money issue!

While I agree that it is wonderful to see them expand their already adorable family Mary commented yesterday that the pregnancy wasn't planned

While I agree that it is wonderful to see them expand their already adorable family Mary commented yesterday that the pregnancy wasn't planned

True, but "not planned" does not equal "actively preventing." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom