Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the post topic, I thought: oh, again some silly speculation - what is up with everyone wanting people to have twins? When I saw the statement from the palace, I was shocked, but in a good way! I'm so happy for them; I thought Mary and Frederik were done having kids, even though I held a secret hope for more! This is going to be so exciting! I wonder whether Marie will add to the brood soon?

Congratulations! Just surprise that she will have twins...do twins run the family???

Dear, how wonderful! :flowers: Twins!!! :flowers:

Congrats to the whole family!

Congratulations! Just surprise that she will have twins...do twins run the family???

Muhler and MDS posted info about Frederik twins haven't been born since 1500 I think.
From what i've researched Mary doesn't have a history of twins either.
This makes me think IVF.

I'm wondering if its IVF too, given Mary's age and the fact she's having twins.

But who cares? I'm happy for the family.

Oh yeah doesn't matter how they came about, i'm so happy for them both. I now have something to look forward too after new year.

And the first comment from uncle Joachim http://www.bt.dk/royale/joachim-til-b.t.-h...ien-flikflakker

A reporter from BT met him at Copenhagen townhall and this is what Joachim had to say: "Wonderful news. Absolutely wonderful".

He adds: "You become really happy for such good news and you become even happier for double-good news".

It was Frederik who told Joachim about it at Gråsten Slot.

"He was more than ordinarily happy (*) when he told it. It's great that he can give the good news to those closest to him. Now the whole family is somersaulting with joy. I see the same joy in his eyes, as I experienced myself, when I became a father".

He ends by telling that he looks forward to seeing how the twins will look like.

(*) Expression, meaning really overjoyed.

A video of Joachim's comments (for Danish speakers :)) Prins Joachim: Vi er dobbelt glade - TV 2 Nyhederne

Muhler and MDS posted info about Frederik twins haven't been born since 1500 I think.
From what i've researched Mary doesn't have a history of twins either.
This makes me think IVF.

I think it may have something to do with Mary's age. She's 38, she'll be a month from 39 when she gives birth next year. She's older, which means the chance of fraternal twins is more likely.

Congratulations to the family! Mary always said she wanted to have many children so I kind of wondered why they stopped at two. I was hoping for twins for Victoria but nevertheless 2011 is going to be a baby year =)

Earlier in the thread people were asking about other ruling families that have had twins. Several people responded about Princess Claire of Belgium and her twin sons.

In the previous generation, Princess Irene of the Netherlands gave birth to Prince Jaime & Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma, fraternal twins.

The twins in the family (but not in the succession line), the daughters of Margrethes cousin, are called Camilla and Josephine of Rosenborg. Their father is the count or duke (not sure about the correct translation of "greve") of Rosenborg. They are identical (at least it looks that way ;)) and they were born in 1972, are very close and slept in the same bed until they were 16 according to this article:

kvinder.bt.dk: Vi kan ikke være alene

twins have been born into the Danish royal family,
1. Camilla & Josephine of Rosenborg
2. Birger & Axel of Rosenborg

Children of Countess Ruth and Count Flemming.

Apparently on the news when asked, Mary did not get pregnant through IVF, its natural
TV 2 Nyhederne - Video

Congratulations to the family. I thought this was a joke when I first read the news.
This must be so exciting for them. Many of us thought Mary was done having kids, particularly given her age. Twins make this an even bigger surprise.

I think it may have something to do with Mary's age. She's 38, she'll be a month from 39 when she gives birth next year. She's older, which means the chance of fraternal twins is more likely.
Yes I've also read that the chances of multiple births increase with age.

I'm wondering if its IVF too, given Mary's age and the fact she's having twins.

But who cares? I'm happy for the family.

The court has stated absolutely clearly that the twins are "natural".
No artificial insemination.

They did so presumably to counter any rumours to the contrary.

Repeat: No artificial insemination.

The court has stated absolutely clearly that the twins are "natural".
No artificial insemination.

They did so presumably to counter any rumours to the contrary.

Repeat: No artificial insemination.

Have they? I must have missed that somewhere.

Congratulations to the family. I thought this was a joke when I first read the news.
This must be so exciting for them. Many of us thought Mary was done having kids, particularly given her age. Twins make this an even bigger surprise.

I didnt think they were done as the couple have stressed before that they would like a big family. Also at the winter games 2010, the couple did not deny that they wanted more children when asked :)
I knew there would be one more bundle of joy but twins make it more surprising.

Well that makes the news even more wonderful.

Wow, this was a shock for me! She doesn't even look like she's having twins, I'm happy for them, and I hope they have more! ;)

Due in January, which means an April conception?
So she's 4 month ish pregnant depending on the date, we should be able to see a bit of a bump.

Uau, twins. Congratulations to the family.

Funny, my first thougt when i read "twins" was artificial insemination. That's because here in Portugal there's a lot of twins pregnancies on women whice use that kind of treatment, specially women up 35.

I´m not saying that´s the case of the crown prince couple. Like i said it was just a thougt.
you are not the only one that thought that, Myslef too, it is any twins in any of Fred or Mary's family before?
Congratulations to the couple , I hope a girls and a boy!!!!!

WOW! Congratulations to Fred and Mary and to the entire DRF!!! They must really be excited!!!

Anyone know which side of the family that twins run?

Congratulation to Frederik and Mary! This is wonderful news. I expected a pregnancy announcement but not one of them having twins!

Congrats to Frederik and Mary :flowers:

The news just said that besides the twins in the DRF already mentioned there were twins in the family (the king and queen?) in the 1500s, two boys but both died shortly after having been baptised. The media also shortly showed to two twin girls/women in the family who send their gratulations for Frederik and Mary.
I am not sure about this , may be somebody knows better but in the 1500 is not so far ago, every 1 or 2 generarions is repeated, this is what i belived

:twohearts:What wonderful news!! I'm so happy & excited for Mary & Frederick. I wish the entire family great joy & happiness!!!:twohearts:

Prince Henrik has also made a happy statement about the baby news
and becoming a grandfather for the 6th and 7th time :). Reporters
from Billed-Bladet have met him at the port of Skagen, in the north of
Denmark.

"Of course I am happy because I am always happy to have children around me'",
it sounded cheerfully from the prince, who almost seemed relieved that the happy
news of the Crown Prince couple expecting twins, had finally become official.

** BB-article with a pic: Prinsgemalen er en glad farfar **

Due in January, which means an April conception?
So she's 4 month ish pregnant depending on the date, we should be able to see a bit of a bump.
i agree with you! it is so exiting to have twins!!!! all the best for them

NO.WAY. I'm blown away by this news but so ecstatic. I really thought they were done. And TWINS, all the more exciting. We haven't had twin royals in a wee while I think.

you are not the only one that thought that, Myslef too, it is any twins in any of Fred or Mary's family before?
Congratulations to the couple , I hope a girls and a boy!!!!!

WOW! Congratulations to Fred and Mary and to the entire DRF!!! They must really be excited!!!

Anyone know which side of the family that twins run?

If you read back a few pages information tells you that neither parent has twins running, not unless you look back until the 1500's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom