Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two stories, that we were released only a day before they announced.
Just because friends were talking about it does not mean they were going to go to the newspaper and tell everyone.
And was the article about Mary visiting the hospital ever posted in any thread because I haven't seen it before.

If people were so concerned about the announce overshadowing the funeral, than one more day would not have hurt their friends.

And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO. It's Mary and Frederik's children, they should decide when to announce it. Why must it be the Queen's decision? She's not the one pregnant.

I think you are forgetting the QUEEN makes the family decisions, not CP Fredrik. When he is King then he is the head of the family and he will be responsible for the announcements. Why hijack this happy thread with problems that seem to be ours alone and not anyone elses. :bang:

Two stories, that we were released only a day before they announced.
Just because friends were talking about it does not mean they were going to go to the newspaper and tell everyone.
And was the article about Mary visiting the hospital ever posted in any thread because I haven't seen it before.

If people were so concerned about the announce overshadowing the funeral, than one more day would not have hurt their friends.

And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO. It's Mary and Frederik's children, they should decide when to announce it. Why must it be the Queen's decision? She's not the one pregnant.

If the queen did not as a minimum agree in this decision, it would never have been announced at the queens' own website. Of course the queen is involved when a decision such as this is taken; the 'hoftelegrafen' had been bombarded with queries from all the Danish media, tabloids and weeklies all had speculations of a pregnancy on their front page. I don't believe there is any monarchy where the ruling king or queen is not involved in the announcement of an heir to the heir of the throne. It is not only about Frederik and Mary's children.
So, we will just have to disagree. :)

"And was the article about Mary visiting the hospital ever posted in any thread because I haven't seen it before." - yes, two days before the announcement. You can see the date 4. august 2010 in the link.

... as to rumours not being read on the Internet - there is still such things as 'talk' in Denmark. I was at family get-together Wednesday evening where people were rather eagerly discussing whether it might be true 'as they said' that Mary was pregnant again.

And no - people in DK does not seem to have any reservations about the the announcement being made on the same day as the funeral. It's non-Danes who seem to worry about that for some reason.

But as marfre so rightly said - this discussion is really making mountains out of a molehill.

Well I find the idea ludicruous that Mary and Frederik have to check the dates to announce she's pregnant by Margrethe.
So what if it's her family, it's not her child, in this case she should act like the grandmother not a Queen.

Acting and being are two different things, and one will not ever change she is the Queen regardless of you liking it or not. :bang:

Congratulations to the family on the wonderful news of two new babies!:flowers:

Well I find the idea ludicruous that Mary and Frederik have to check the dates to announce she's pregnant by Margrethe.
So what if it's her family, it's not her child, in this case she should act like the grandmother not a Queen.

An interesting rationale.

The announcement of a royal pregnancy IS a state issue and of state interest! And as such, it shall be announced accordingly through the court of Margrethe II.

The fact she is, and shall again become for the 7th time, a grandmother is not the issue I'm affraid.

She is the Queen, it is her court, it is her family, and the children shall be in line as her heirs, respectively.

It's really that simple ;)

Perhaps the Queen didn't decide the date but she certainly knew about it and gave her OK for the press release. Because it's the Queen's court, Lene Balleby is her court's communication chief. I don't think Balleby would release anything without informing the queen beforehand and having her permission to release it.

Perhaps the Queen didn't decide the date but she certainly knew about it and gave her OK for the press release. Because it's the Queen's court, Lene Balleby is her court's communication chief. I don't think Balleby would release anything without informing the queen beforehand and having her permission to release it.

I never said my problem was with her okaying it, but the posters were talking like Margrethe had been the one to pick the date they announced it.
Yes it's her court, and it's her communications officer, but she's not the one having twins, she is the grandmother first and for most to these babies then a Queen.

The departed, whoever he/she is, would not care about press coverage or at this point it does not matter. He/she would only be worried about the people she loved not coming to bid adieu, which the announcement does nothing to prevent.

10 pages of celebrating two little lives to come and the continuity of the monarchy, then... No good deed goes unpunished, eh.

I never said my problem was with her okaying it, but the posters were talking like Margrethe had been the one to pick the date they announced it.
Yes it's her court, and it's her communications officer, but she's not the one having twins, she is the grandmother first and for most to these babies then a Queen.

Whether Queen Margrethe picked the date can be debated, but she certainly approved it and it would not have been published Friday without Queen Margrethe's concent.

In such a significant matter as a pregnancy and twins on top of that, they would have followed the chain of command.

What I can envision is the following scenario:
The CP-couple, Queen Margrethe, no doubt the Chief of Court and the acting chief of court of the CP-couple (Caroline Heering) and Lene Balleby as well, would get together and discuss and coordinate when to break the news.
A press release is drafted and approved at the same time.
As has been hinted on TV2 Mary may have liked to wait until after a check-up at the hospital, so QMII may have said: "Right Mary, when you get the result and you are happy about it, you say so and we go public".

So say, Friday forenoon, Mary is back from the hospital, informs Caroline Heering. Who then calls the Chief of Court and Lene Balleby.
OMII is informed and Lene Balleby has time to prepare her staff, perhaps over a lunch, for a very looong day at work before sending out the press release.

Qualified speculations. ;)

Hey, this is some pretty groovy news, I gotta say.

I think last month I was half-speculating but I seriously wasn't thinking that she actually was.

This couple seems grounded. They seem to delight in each other, and to have weathered the intense scrutiny with their love and respect for each other intact.

Every baby comes with its own love, so here come two more bundle-fuls!

I'm so happy for Mary and Frederick!!! I wish that Mary have a nice and quiet pregnancy!!! And I wish that people who don't like her live them in peace...... This is a very great great great new!!!! I wish them all the best!

Wonder how long she will continue with public duties, she looks quite petite still for her dates and had it not been for the ongoing speculation here I would not have even thought she was.... anyway good luck to her hope she has medically hassle free pregnancy the rest well she'll hardly be vacuming or sweeping floors... so she should do pretty well.

I just had to come back and post here again because I'm so excited! I was looking through the Isabella christening photos and am trying to envision the beautiful photos of each of them holding a baby at another christening! Their future photo calls are going to be so much fun to watch. :wub:

I'm a little bit suspicious that her actual 40 week due date falls in the first half of February but her doctor is expecting a January delivery between 36 and 38 weeks. That would explain why some think she looks small for her gestation.

And ITA with Muhler on how the announcement decision was likely made. That version sounds pretty logical.

They have had and continue to have so many blessings in their lives...:flowers:

I'm a little bit suspicious that her actual 40 week due date falls in the first half of February but her doctor is expecting a January delivery between 36 and 38 weeks. That would explain why some think she looks small for her gestation.

I'm confused?
Mary is due in January, early Jan. Which means a March/April conception?

According to the newspaper Politiken the court informs that Mary is expecting twins:

The births are expected to take place in January 2011.

- Still waiting for further confirmation, Politiken must be considered reliable in this particular case.

Wow, this is so exciting! :flowers:

I'm confused?
Mary is due in January, early Jan. Which means a March/April conception?
In most cases, pregnancy with twin is 36-38 weeks, which results in a caesarian. Due to her age, carrying twins can causes complications, with the biggest being high blood pressure. My mother was her exact age when she had my twin and I, and her pregnancy was closely monitored. In Crown Princess Mary's case, she will definatley be closely monitored, and I wouldn't be surprised if she cuts her official duties around the seven month mark, probably due to her size more than anything!

There is a reason why I said to my husband I do not want children after 35 - having twin run in my maternal line and being exactly like my mother - I AM NOT RISKING IT!!!! :) The chances of conceiving twins after 35 increases due to the body preparing for menopause.

I wish her all the luck - my Mum always says having twins is an eye-opener

@Lumutqueen:

The palace says that the birth is 'expected to take place in January' which, to me, does not necessarily mean that is when her due date is. I'm guessing she and her doctor are expecting to deliver between 36 and 38 weeks, which is very normal for twins. If she goes at 36 weeks, that is a full 4 weeks earlier than a 40 week 'due date'. What forwards my thinking here is that several have commented (and I agree) that she looks small to be carrying twins at this stage of the pregnancy, especially since this is not her first one. That's why I think she is not really the 4 months that some are guessing.

Who knows? Maybe her 40wk date is in Jan and we'll see a December or January birth. Either would be fantastic :).

There are plenty of medical risks of having children after the age of 35. And esp in Mary's case- she's 38 and carrying twins- but she is in good health. Hopefully her pregnancy goes well and isn't complicated.

It's definitely a happy time for Mary & Fred, Isabella & Christian, the DRF and the Donaldson clan.

Princess Mary in my mind is the luckiest CP. She is married to the most handsome CP, IMO. ;) She will one day rule of one of the most amazing and calm countries I have ever seen. And she has two beautiful children, and is going to have two more.

You forgot to add that Denmark's also one of the most forward thinking countries as well. I wish Canada would follow their lead when it came to alternate energies, such as wind power. Anyway...

When I saw this news on the front page of TRF yesterday, our friends upstairs who'd just popped in for a visit heard a *very* audible Oh My Gosh!! out of me down here. :D

What lovely, wonderful and also unexpected news. Congratulations to Fredrick, Mary, Christian, Isabella and both sides of the family on the two little blessings that are on their way. :flowers:

Congratulations to Mary, Fred, Christian and Isabella!

What wonderful news!

Congratulations to Mary, Frederik, Christian and Isabella.

:daneflag:
Congratulations to the Danish Royal Family! This is exciting. I was hoping she would have another baby. Christian and Isabella are so cute, I wonder what the twins will look like!
:baby::baby:

What a wonderful news. Congratulation to the couple.

Sine the couple already have a girl & a boy, does anyone think they will reveal the sex of the two new borns?

Sine the couple already have a girl & a boy, does anyone think they will reveal the sex of the two new borns?

No, I fear we will have to wait until New Years Eve, plus/minus two days - which is my guess. ;)

Good news!
My congratulations!

Congratulations to the family, wonderful news.

Needless to add, let the speculation as to names, god parents, potential timing of birth begin!

I like how even the announcement made it into the 'Australian Macedonian Weekly' newspaper this week (it came out today). I'm sure the Macedonian community in Australia is overjoyed ;):whistling:

Congratulations to the parents and siblings to be! I wish a save and easy pregnancy for Mary and an even easier delivery :)

Today I had to turn down the request from a friend who asked if I'm pregnant, too - my daughter is born 12/11/2005 and my son 30/03/2007 - so I was pregnant twice "with" Mary. But no, not this time :flowers:

I like how even the announcement made it into the 'Australian Macedonian Weekly' newspaper this week (it came out today). I'm sure the Macedonian community in Australia is overjoyed ;):whistling:

Of course they are, who wouldn't? :lol: Babies are wondeful, and twins wow...
Congrats to the happy little family. Mary is terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom