Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy for them; but could she not wait until after Countess Ruth's funeral as well as Nathalie's Billed-Bladet article pertaining to her son?

I think that was in bad taste. If she waited this long, she could had waited another week.
The media's sole focus was already on speculating as to whether CP Mary was pregnant, with the story on the front pages of the tabloids released on August 5th as seen in this photo at http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10080501.jpg...so the funeral did not get a lot of attention from the media because the focus was on whether Mary was pregnant again! Is Mary to be blamed for the tabloids printing the story before the announcement was officially released on August 6th? She does not have control over what the media prints and when they print it!

In addition, according to this story at MSN.dk, http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmsndk.starlounge.com%2Findex.cfm%3Fobjectid%3D91001&sl=da&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8, the official announcement of the pregnancy was postponed until after Queen Margrethe had left the funeral. I think that showed a mark of respect!!

And Billed Bladet decided when to print the article on Nathalie's son, not CP Mary. As a matter of fact, in the paper edition of the magazine which carried the article on Nathalie's new son, CP Mary and her family are on the cover as the main story with the same speculations as to whether CP Mary is pregnant - BEFORE the official announcement was made! So it's hardly CP Mary's fault in this instance - Blame Billed Bladet!
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/8/BILLED-BLADET 31 smugkig - 6.aspx

I hope they'll keep evening it :D

I've been thinking about the best combination. In the order of desirability:

1. identical baby girls
2. identical baby boys
3. boy and girl
4. fraternal girls
5. fraternal boys

What's your list like?

Hmm, I would like a boy and girl so that they can have even boys to girls if they had 2 girls then I would want to boys and vice versa.

I am very happy for them. Congratulations to the family!

Hmm, I would like a boy and girl so that they can have even boys to girls if they had 2 girls then I would want to boys and vice versa.

Does it matter? Now that they've already had one boy and one girl.
Wow! Wonderful news!

I am very excited and happy for the family, so I know it's not good form BUT I am curious as to how it happened and why?...as in, i know there was no 'artifical insemination' involved because prior to this, there were no problems in this department, they have two healthy children...BUT I think there may have been certain drugs involved and my reasons for thinking this are (pure speculation) that Mary is almost 40, she wanted four kids and maybe only wanted or felt she had 'time' for ONE more pregnancy...So you do the math, take some fertility drugs to increase ovulation and kill two birds with one stone? I think this pregnancy came about the old fashioned way, but I think there may have been some chemical assistance of some kind...and if not, as we will never know, I stand corrected...

And now I can't wait to see the combination that they have (b/b, b/g, g/g) and sad that it is going to take until about March 2011 to find out their names...ggrrr!!

The Danish court has been at great pains to state that the pregnancy occurred in the natural way just like the past 2 pregnancies of the couple. There is no indication that the Danish CP Couple needed some form of artificial assistance to get pregnant in the past or presently. As far as I'm concerned, if fertility drugs or "chemical assistance" is needed to get pregnant....then that's different to a pregnancy that happens without those kinds of aids (natural pregnancy).

As a matter of fact, there have been several articles indicating that Mary's age played a part in the twin pregnancy, as women at a mature age (over 35) have a greater chance of multiple births!
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://www.berlingske.dk/danmark/kronprinsesse-mary-blev-gravid-paa-naturlig-vis&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dberlingske%2Btidende%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dhp&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgTqw9jrN0r1eJQJxC0jmVrzcUlLw

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Older-women-have-more-twins-study/2006/02/24/1140670232687.html'

Both CP Frederick and CP Mary were surprised by the news that they were having twins...so the '2 kids for 1 pregnancy' isn't the case here since it wasn't planned or expected. And they could have chosen to have an earlier pregnancy within the past 3 years if they did not want to wait until Mary was near 40!

Here's CP Frederik's interview from today about the pregnancy being natural and not expecting twins!
http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhgZUgUhS5cWowaKaz9aqVgwEkf5rQ

I am very happy for them; but could she not wait until after Countess Ruth's funeral as well as Nathalie's Billed-Bladet article pertaining to her son?

I think that was in bad taste. If she waited this long, she could had waited another week.
You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.:neutral:

I am very happy for Princess Mary and I hope she has a wonderful healthy pregnancy. I am new here, and I must say it is very nice to see such kind and positive comments. I read comments on another website that were truly disturbing. There was so much bitter jealousy-fueled hatred over Princess Mary and her life that I found it disgusting. People clearly have too much time on their hands. They were delving into and speculating about the most private aspects of her life. What a tragic way for grown people to conduct themselves. I hope Princess Mary or her loved ones never read that cruel nonsense!

I think I know the website you may be writing about, yes they are quite vicious about Mary in particular over there. I believe in free speech and all that but some of the comments are so hateful, as if these people have a personal stake . Not everyone adores Mary, fair enough - but I don't understand why grown people would spend so much time thinking up what they must perceive as 'clever' vitriole to spew. Easy cowboys!! (And they read this site as well, and end up "dishing" on positive posts about Mary.:sad:

Congrats to Princess Mary and Prince Frederick! Twins!!! This is more that I could even imagine! I love twins sooo much. I wish they could have a girl and a boy. I just love mixed twins. When I was a girl and attended school, there were a twin couple who was this way, a girl and a boy. They were exactly alike in facial features, only that the girl had long and blonde hair and the boy had short, black and curly hair. :D They had two set of mixed twins as brother and sisters too.

I also knew a couple of twins boy who were very far from being alike: one of them was tall, blonde and blue eyed; his twin brother was short, black haired, black eyed and dark skinned! One of them even seemed to be elder than the other! :eek: I like much more these kind of twins...but I admit that identical twins are wonderful too. :flowers:

Vanesa.

How special, Mary and Frederik expecting twins, this is wonderful news.
I am so happy for them and the rest of the famiy.

twins! that is indeed a surprise. mary doesn't look pregnant at all, although she did look a bit tired during the photoshoot. i guess now after the twins, this will be the end of babies for frederik and mary.
i can't wait to knowing if they are boys or girls and the names they choose!

I do suspect that Mary's twins will also arrive early. It's a little tough to find enough room for 2 full-term infants in one uterus. Mary and Frederick will probably have an early Christmas present. :flowers:

You never know! My aunt had identical twin boys and she went full term (maybe even past, I'm not sure)... and this was 28 years ago! ;)

You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.:neutral:
I don't understand your reservations.

Frederik and Mary have said right from the start that they would really want a big family. They have not hidden their wish for more children. How can that be interpreted as them thinking that they somehow ought to have more :confused::confused: Isabella is just 3 - not as if there is a huge gap between Isabella and baby 4 and 5 - just a natural continuation of their string of children. Frederik was interviewed in Sweden yesterday by EkstraBladet and he keps saying: I have always wanted a big family. It's as simple as that.

I don't agree about it being bad taste that the announcement comes yesterday from the palace spokesman. As several posters have already said the Danish media were on read alert with rumours - the bad form would have been to let it continue this way if anything.
Blame it on queen Margrethe then if someone must be blamed. I am pretty sure she has the last word with regards to announcements concerning the royal family.

Why should she wait?
How many people knew about the funeral taking place? You think she is overshadowing Princess Nathalie? Nathalie has lived her life out of the press, i'm sure she doesn't mind.
She waited this long because she had to, if she announced and lost the babies that would be truely awful for her.

What bad taste?
Someone had to find something bad about this announcement.

With these two new bundles of joy the royal family may want to consider a balcony extension for the Queen's birthday celebration! It was a tight enough squeeze this year without two more!

Why should she wait?
How many people knew about the funeral taking place?

Quite a few. She was a very know lady by the Danish royals & the Norwegian royals who also attended her funeral. Her husband was related to the royals but married a commoner and his title was taken away.

I do understand why some thing the announcement overshadowed the funeral, personally I do think it did & if they waited till Saturday or Monday there wouldn't been any harm.

The reason might have been that it was difficult to keep 'the secret' any longer. Some of their friends are reportedly 'relieved' that the news came out. It's impossible to keep this kind of news hidden for very long - too many sightings from hospital visits, friends saying so much etc. I understand if the royal house felt that the official announcement should be given.

And I do not believe that 'they' made the decision. If queen Margrethe hadn't made the final decision, I don't believe that the announcement would have been made at kongehuset.dk.

But funeral and announcement of new lives; life and death - it often goes hand in hand. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with the date the announcement came. It's just the way it came about.

But I haven't seen them at any hospital visits, or friends saying anything.
Speculation only started after the Gratsen shoot IMO, so they could if they wanted to kept it quiet until today or tommorow.
But it's happened now.

It would be the Queen that okayed the release of information and if she found it ok why should anyone else have a problem with it, it was her cousin.
I think people like to make mountains out of molehills.

Speculation only started after the Gratsen shoot IMO, so they could if they wanted to kept it quiet until today or tommorow.
But it's happened now.

Yes Queen M attended, So did Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon & Princess Martha-L - see this thread

It was reported that the couple were seen leaving the hospital hand in hand and Mary was wearing flat shoes. Thats the only hospital thing I read.

It would be the Queen that okayed the release of information and if she found it ok why should anyone else have a problem with it, it was her cousin.

Agree, in the sense that I haven't seen any raised eyebrows here in DK about annoucing the pregnancy and the having a burial at the same time.

It may sound a bit brutal but the Rosenborgs don't take up much space in the news columns anyway, let alone in the minds of people, even if they are a part of the extended DRF.

I don't think there was any symbolic intended in this, but if there should be, I prefer to see it as something positive.
One is dead, new life will be born. The circle of life goes on.

Something similar to when Joachim and Marie were married. The newlyweds walked along graves and that symbolism was intended. Life goes on.

But it's happened now.

I do not agree that they could have kept it quiet any longer.

Marys veninde jubler: Dobbelt lykke - Royale - BT.dk - Helle Reedtz-Thott reportedly 'almost relieved that the news are out' and claims that 'rumours have been abounding insensively in the circle of friends'.

4th August - Er Mary gravid? - Royale - BT.dk here they quote Se&Hør for sightings of Mary visiting Rigshospitalet -

There were plenty of rumours and they were intensifying. Berlingske does not normally quote gossip stories from the tabloids, Se&Hør etc. but they did on Thursday.

Couldn't agree more :flowers: This must have been the queen's decision.

I do not agree that they could have kept it quiet any longer.

Marys veninde jubler: Dobbelt lykke - Royale - BT.dk - Helle Reedtz-Thott reportedly 'almost relieved that the news are out' and claims that 'rumours have been abounding insensively in the circle of friends'.

4th August - Er Mary gravid? - Royale - BT.dk here they quote Se&Hør for sightings of Mary visiting Rigshospitalet -

There were plenty of rumours and they were intensifying. Berlingske does not normally quote gossip stories from the tabloids, Se&Hør etc. but they did on Thursday.

Two stories, that we were released only a day before they announced.
Just because friends were talking about it does not mean they were going to go to the newspaper and tell everyone.
And was the article about Mary visiting the hospital ever posted in any thread because I haven't seen it before.

If people were so concerned about the announce overshadowing the funeral, than one more day would not have hurt their friends.

And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO. It's Mary and Frederik's children, they should decide when to announce it. Why must it be the Queen's decision? She's not the one pregnant.

However, I would believe UserDane to be in a better position to judge the media climate and interest concerning the pregnancy. If she thought it was getting to a point where it could no longer really be kept private, then I see no reason to doubt that judgement.

There was an interview on Australian television with a magazine editor in Denmark, where they held up numerous magazines with "Mary pregnant" plasted all over the covers. That was the day before the announcement was made and there was already talk about a possible pregnancy at least a day and a half prior. . .

And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO

To announce that a member of her family is with child is entirely expected. It takes nothing away from the expectant parents whatsoever.

And no different from any other royal family may I add :)

Oh my God!! I just came back from holidays and was shocked to see that!! I am SO excited. I didn't even believe the speculations about a new pregnancy, because I kind of, thought that they decided Isabella will be their last.

Congratulations to Mary, Frederik and kids!! I am so happy for them and I really wish Mary an easy pregnancy, even though I think she will get to have few official engagements during autumn. It's hard to carry twins and you have to be twice as careful as in an one-baby pregnancy. I also think she will take some time off to help Christian and Isabella adjust in their "future" condition, and also spend as much time she can with them now, as she will be an ULTRA full time mommy by the end of the year!!!

Can wait till the birth of the babies, which I think will be by the end of December. Twins most times get to be born sooner than expected. Let's hope for a baby-prince and a baby-princess! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

To announce that a member of her family is with child is entirely expected. It takes nothing away from the expectant parents whatsoever.

And no different from any other royal family may I add :)

Well I find the idea ludicruous that Mary and Frederik have to check the dates to announce she's pregnant by Margrethe.
So what if it's her family, it's not her child, in this case she should act like the grandmother not a Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom