Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy and thrilled for them. It is very exciting and happy news. Wow twins, that will be sooo exciting!!!!

SUPER GREAT! I'm very happy for them!!

Now I'm thinking..... if I start now maybe I can be as in shape as Mary after she has the twins....:lol:She is in such Fantastic shape!!!!

Best of luck and health to them!

I didn't know, rominet. It must be just wonderful having an identical twin. I cannot even imagine the closeness of you two... This is just like a fairy tale to me with Mary and Frederik. :)

Well you can't imagine Udyusa the treasure it is to have someone there who feels, understands like you. It is a marvellous privilege in life !

I really thought she was preggers and it's nice to see I'm not losing my mind. I just thought she looked different- still very trim, but different- if that makes sense.

I predict the twins will come before Christmas. I am a twin, my sister has twins, and 2 of my best friends have twins. ALL of us came before our due dates because it is very trying on the mother to carry twins to full term. Most doctors don't even expect it anymore and the mother must go on bed rest toward the 8th month in order to avoid a very early delivery.
CP Mary is very fit, so I imagine that will help ease her pregnancy issues, but she also has two children already, so her body might be a bit tired. One never knows!

PS. I think it's vulgar that anyone asked (and that someone ANSWERED) that the twins are "natural." Fertility treatment or no, who cares? I don't think that's anyone else's business. We like to know, sure, but we don't NEED to know those very intimate details. Bleh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Mary and Frederick on twins! Such fantastic news, especially as I am Australian, this will be massive news down under. Can't wait for her to bring the whole family to our shores once again. It's a pity we are so far away we don't get many royal visitors at all!

The logic of events of the past years now means that in a few weeks time the Spanish Court will announce that Letizia is pregant with twins too ...:p[/QUOTE]

you take the words from my tongue,this exactly what came on mind when I heard the news but personaly, I don't think Letizia is pregnant.
Congratulations to Fred,Mary,Christian and Isabella.

Yay!! I'm very happy for them. Thank goodness they weren't expecting twins 5 years ago, that would've created quite a succession crisis, would it not?

And this means more name guessing! Double yay (literally!)! :lol::lol:

Wonderful news and little Christian and Isabella will be thinking they can have one each to play with. I had my suspicions that Mary may be expecting again as she didn't go riding with Frederik at Graasten and she loves to ride.

PS. I think it's vulgar that anyone asked (and that someone ANSWERED) that the twins are "natural." Fertility treatment or no, who cares? I don't think that's anyone else's business. We like to know, sure, but we don't NEED to know those very intimate details. Bleh.

I don't believe the issue of asking whether the pregnancy is through assisted fertility treatments vs. natural is vulgar at all. When older, i.e. over 35 women who are public figures get pregnant, it does a disservice to young women across the world thinking they could delay getting pregnant in the belief that it's easy to start a family because celebrities are doing it.

Getting pregnant is often times harder as a woman approaches 40. Be honest about it. It's harmful to mislead.

I guess I'm really into video reports. :ROFLMAO: This one's in English!

VIDEO: Princess Mary confirms she's expecting
Video - news.com.au

Oh dear. We will have to wait forever to find out their names! That is the Danish way...
Moving on. Wishing them all the best of health, God willing. To heck with the names...

I don't believe the issue of asking whether the pregnancy is through assisted fertility treatments vs. natural is vulgar at all. When older, i.e. over 35 women who are public figures get pregnant, it does a disservice to young women across the world thinking they could delay getting pregnant in the belief that it's easy to start a family because celebrities are doing it.

Getting pregnant is often times harder as a woman approaches 40. Be honest about it. It's harmful to mislead.
I agree with you, out their it is a lot of women having very hard times to get pregnant, even joung women before 30s and more older ones close to 40s or more and I think it is an inspiration and big hope for women who need to have the confidence to have thier dreams come true. I think some times it is a missconception about IVF some people think that if you do IVF the kid it is not really yours, becasue of all this talk about donatiion eggs and sperm, at their age if the use any type of IVF I am sure they use thier own, considering if they did IVF, wich we can not say becasue we will never know exactly they do not need donation this is in more older couples, anyhow I think they are an example for people and if they use help they should to come honest to inspire other people.

It's truly a blessing. Who would guess that Mary and Fred would naturally conceive two more lovely twin children. It's phenomenal and awesome. I hope the Royal couple remain happy and spirited as I've come to see them along the way. It's fabulous to see and feel that they will be joyous because of the maternity that they will go through. What news! What a godsend! Very surprising. I'm very surprised. Wow. Bless you your Majesty. It's glory and happiness for all of us who hear this news. Good day. :daneflag:

Wonderful news! I am very happy for the parents and grandparents-to-be.

Just a note on due dates with twins: normally gestation is 40 weeks, but in twin pregnancies, they aim for 32 weeks because the twins usually run out of room. So if the announcement says that she's due in January, I am wondering which due date they actually gave us. It may be possible that we'll see them arrive early, possibly by Christmas!

I am in shock. I thought they are done with children and did not believe in rumors about Mary's pregnancy.

This news is really great!:previous:I'm so happy to have heard of Princess Mary anf Prince Frederick!:flowers:

maybe this was made in USA..they did have some alone time from the kids...this is really a big shock..i thought it was all a joke but this is real...congrats

Wow. What a surprise! I thought they were done with having more children!

Interesting that they are expecting twins. Do twins run in Mary's side of the family?

No, according to the royal reporter Trine Larsen, who was interviewed on TV2 NEWS, there is no history of twins in the Donaldson family. - They haven't been able to find any.

Congratulations to the Crown Princely Family! I was shocked when I read twins:ohmy:. How wonderful though :flowers:

Twins, how nice and unexpected :) Congrats to Fred, Mary and the family

That's great news. I think they're probably glad that they'll have lots of help with childcare though!

BT quotes Mary's sister, Patricia Bailey:

http://www.bt.dk/royale/vi-er-lykkelige-paa-deres-vegne

"We are jubilant and happy for them as family and happy that we will now have as much as two more additions to our already large family.
- It's really wonderful news".

Patricia will not comment on how long they knew but adds: "But we are overjoyed on their behalf. It's fantastic".

As for going to Denmark to see her sister: "At least we haven't planned anything yet". And she knows of no plans about John and Moody Donaldson either: "I haven't talked to them for a while, so I dare not say whether they have any plans. But they have of course heard the news".

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so thrilled to hear this news and so pleased that the Crwon Princely couple are expanding their family! It's also great that royal twins will be born as I do not know the last time this happened! XXXXXXXXXXX

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so thrilled to hear this news and so pleased that the Crwon Princely couple are expanding their family! It's also great that royal twins will be born as I do not know the last time this happened! XXXXXXXXXXX

Princess Claire of Belgium gave birth to Twins in December 2005.
Coincidence that Claire was also due in January, but gave birth a month early. ;)

It is astonishing. From my perspective she looked so slim during the summer photo sessions. I would never thought she is pregnant. This couple really lives on the bright side of live. Twins are topping everything. I wish them all the best.

Ahhh, what amazing news.....Twins......Congratulations to the family.....:clap::clap:

Princess Claire of Belgium gave birth to Twins in December 2005.
Coincidence that Claire was also due in January, but gave birth a month early. ;)

Thanks for the reminder - of course! I'd forgotten about that! I ought to check the royal twins thread! :flowers:

Last edited:
Ekstra Bladet caught up with Frederik in Sweden, for the first comments from the happy dad: http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/dan...icle1387247.ece

"That the stork landed at our place with two children I didn't expect.
- I've always dreamed about having many children. It's always a miracle to have a child - now we've been hit by a double-miracle".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom