Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it will be two girls.
There are not enough girls in the Danish royal family:D
I love their boys too but I think little Isabella needs companions:D
We'll see soon,I hoped for a boy and a girl,but some nights ago I 've dreamt that she gave birth to 2 girls,we'll see then

Hmmm so I suppose nothing has happened yet. I was sure something would because it was a bit suspect that CP Frederik was driving Princess Isabella somewhere that late with baggage.

I hope it will be two girls.
There are not enough girls in the Danish royal family:D
I love their boys too but I think little Isabella needs companions:D

I'm hoping for a boy and a girl, but if the twins are the same sex, I hope they're identical twin girls. :)

You have really dreamt of that ?:lol::lol:
If your dream comes true,I think I will need you for the lottery:D
Even if we are curious to have the news quickly,I find it's somewhat immoral from the journalist to follow royal or celebrities on their every step.
I can't stop thinking of poor Lady Diana.In the same way,I think of her every time I am near the 'pont de l'Alma' ,the place where she had her accident in Paris.Poor Britney Spears was harrased by journalist too when she was ill and I really wasn't comfortable to see that.
I hope journalists will not be too intrusive and respect their privacy.:flowers:

Fredensborg is about 30 minutes from Amalienborg, so if he drives at the beginning of the birth then he can easily go back and forth with no problem :flowers:
I don´t think that CPss Mary is having a scheduled induction, nor a scheduled C-section. It´s going to be a natural birth, which is comfirmed by court spokeswoman Lene Balleby.

Aaaah thanks! See, I think in terms of Australian distances. You are quite right. :)

We'll see soon,I hoped for a boy and a girl,but some nights ago I 've dreamt that she gave birth to 2 girls,we'll see then
I have thought two girls right from the day of the announcement! Fraternal twin girls (sororal?) rather than identical ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you actually had twins??

Mary and Fred would have fun with non identical twins as you can tell them apart, identical twins are a handful with trying to tell them apart, making sure that you don't offened them by calling them the wrong names and often I find with identical twins they cause a little more trouble in personality wise and behaviour.

When I was at school there was 4 sets of twins in the year level, 1 set was identical and a real pain in the butt but I could tell them aprt almost instantly when with them. I myself am from a set of non identical twins and if you put my sister and I together you'd think my sister was at least 5 years older then I.

A boy and girl set of twins would be awsome as there is none yet in the royal family

Two of my good friends are identical twins. At first I had trouble telling them apart, but not for very long. They do look identical, but there several differences in their appearance that help tell them apart. It also helps that they have different hairstyles too. I think it's most hard to tell who is who when they're tiny babies. My friends' parents put different colors of nail polish on their toes to tell them apart when they were infants.

Some are saying on Twitter Frederick had officially cancelled several events for next 3 weeks, anyone know if this is accurate?

Sometimes c-sections are preformed for the mothers health and not because they don't want to be pregnant anymore. Perhaps she has to schedule one because of unconscionable things like blood pressure and the like.

Now I'm not saying she should have a c-section or that she will...

It seems like most royal births are C sections going way back to the early 20th century. Even the British Queen Mother had princesses Elizabeth and Margaret by c section, which really surprised me. I wonder what it was like back then.
But on the topic of Mary, didn't she have c sections for both Christian and Isabella? Like I said, it seems to be standard procedure for the royals.

Sometimes, I suppose it is for the mother's health, but it could be for the baby, like if the baby wants to come out feet first or something. I've also heard sometimes the royals want to have it a certain time due to their schedules being so rigid and laid out years in advance, but that's seems pretty callous to me. I mean, if you know you're pregnant, you make time to have the baby when it's ready, not when you can squeeze it between an award presentation and a dinner gala. :ermm:

To my knowledge Princess Mary didn't have a Caesarean section with either of her children. I read that that Letizia has and possibly Mathilde. Those are the only Princesses I've read about.

From what I understand, the Queen Mum and Princess Letizia both had difficult pregnancies and that's why a Cesarean was done. Funny that they both gave birth to two princess's. Mary, as far as I know, had natural births. I think Denmark is a huge champion of natural births.

That is surprising that the Queen Mum had c-sections I had no idea that she had difficult pregnancies! Although I am glad that CP Mary has had natural births so far. Unless it is for the health of either the mother or the child I'm not real big on c-sections. But that is just me.

You will be pleased to know that Crown Princess Mary has given birth naturally to both her older children and has expressed a wish to do the same with this pregnancy.

But on the topic of Mary, didn't she have c sections for both Christian and Isabella? Like I said, it seems to be standard procedure for the royals.

Sometimes, I suppose it is for the mother's health, but it could be for the baby, like if the baby wants to come out feet first or something. I've also heard sometimes the royals want to have it a certain time due to their schedules being so rigid and laid out years in advance, but that's seems pretty callous to me. I mean, if you know you're pregnant, you make time to have the baby when it's ready, not when you can squeeze it between an award presentation and a dinner gala. :ermm:

Last edited:
Some are saying on Twitter Frederick had officially cancelled several events for next 3 weeks, anyone know if this is accurate?

There was only 1 event listed for January 13 for a while nothing more. That is the only event that has been cancelled.

Yes,it will be over soon,Frederik cancelled all his engagements and the medical teams are on standby which might point at a ceasarian for the twins this weekend,just as well.

The team have been on standby since week 25 if not mistaken incase of an emergency.

It seems custom, with some royal princes/princesses for a middle name to come from a godparent. I know at least one of CP Victoria's goddaughters has Victoria for her. I also think we can pull in some of Mary's Ausie roots.

Matilda Adelaide Marie Patricia- Matilda for waltzing matilda as well from danish royal family, Adelaide for a city in Australia as well from Danish royal tree, Dorotea from the royal tree and Patricia, for Mary's sister. Jane was already a godmother, and her mother and brother have been honoured in the older two.

Eric Cristoffer Friedrick Daniel- The first two traditional names for Danish royalty, also ones we haven't seen lately in other royal families. The third for his dad, and tradition of having it or Christian. Daniel if perhaps Victoria's husband is godfather, to be substituted with what ever royal godfather is chosen, perhaps Willliam.

If two girls then perhaps Matilda Euphemia Marie Patricia and Helen Adelaide Dorotea 'insert godmother here'. I like Adelaide, but some how not as first name. Both names from traditional Danish royal names, but both with link to Oz for Mary.

And if two boys Eric Cristoffer Friederick Daniel and Johan Olaf Ulric 'insert godfather here'.

Someone may have already mentioned this, but Fred was seen driving Issy across the palace courtyard at about 10.30 last night. (Denmark time) IMO, maybe Mary is 'moving' on the labor front, why else would Issy be driven over to another part of the palace at that time of night, she would no doubt have been awoken for the drive. Perhaps she was going to Grandad's at the guest apartments. Supposition on my part of course!!

According to the Channel 9 News here at 6.11 p.m. AEST Mary is now in labour and they have the confirmation from the palace - according to Channel 9 reporters in Denmark.

The reporter said that he had spoken to the press office at the palace who had confirmed that she is now in labour so the births are going to be here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom