The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

From what I understand, the Queen Mum and Princess Letizia both had difficult pregnancies and that's why a Cesarean was done. Funny that they both gave birth to two princess's. Mary, as far as I know, had natural births. I think Denmark is a huge champion of natural births.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

That is surprising that the Queen Mum had c-sections I had no idea that she had difficult pregnancies! Although I am glad that CP Mary has had natural births so far. Unless it is for the health of either the mother or the child I'm not real big on c-sections. But that is just me.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:11 AM

You will be pleased to know that Crown Princess Mary has given birth naturally to both her older children and has expressed a wish to do the same with this pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
But on the topic of Mary, didn't she have c sections for both Christian and Isabella? Like I said, it seems to be standard procedure for the royals.

Sometimes, I suppose it is for the mother's health, but it could be for the baby, like if the baby wants to come out feet first or something. I've also heard sometimes the royals want to have it a certain time due to their schedules being so rigid and laid out years in advance, but that's seems pretty callous to me. I mean, if you know you're pregnant, you make time to have the baby when it's ready, not when you can squeeze it between an award presentation and a dinner gala.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Some are saying on Twitter Frederick had officially cancelled several events for next 3 weeks, anyone know if this is accurate?
There was only 1 event listed for January 13 for a while nothing more. That is the only event that has been cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Yes,it will be over soon,Frederik cancelled all his engagements and the medical teams are on standby which might point at a ceasarian for the twins this weekend,just as well.
The team have been on standby since week 25 if not mistaken incase of an emergency.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:10 AM
Nobility

It seems custom, with some royal princes/princesses for a middle name to come from a godparent. I know at least one of CP Victoria's goddaughters has Victoria for her. I also think we can pull in some of Mary's Ausie roots.

Matilda Adelaide Marie Patricia- Matilda for waltzing matilda as well from danish royal family, Adelaide for a city in Australia as well from Danish royal tree, Dorotea from the royal tree and Patricia, for Mary's sister. Jane was already a godmother, and her mother and brother have been honoured in the older two.

Eric Cristoffer Friedrick Daniel- The first two traditional names for Danish royalty, also ones we haven't seen lately in other royal families. The third for his dad, and tradition of having it or Christian. Daniel if perhaps Victoria's husband is godfather, to be substituted with what ever royal godfather is chosen, perhaps Willliam.

If two girls then perhaps Matilda Euphemia Marie Patricia and Helen Adelaide Dorotea 'insert godmother here'. I like Adelaide, but some how not as first name. Both names from traditional Danish royal names, but both with link to Oz for Mary.

And if two boys Eric Cristoffer Friederick Daniel and Johan Olaf Ulric 'insert godfather here'.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Nobility

Someone may have already mentioned this, but Fred was seen driving Issy across the palace courtyard at about 10.30 last night. (Denmark time) IMO, maybe Mary is 'moving' on the labor front, why else would Issy be driven over to another part of the palace at that time of night, she would no doubt have been awoken for the drive. Perhaps she was going to Grandad's at the guest apartments. Supposition on my part of course!!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Majesty

According to the Channel 9 News here at 6.11 p.m. AEST Mary is now in labour and they have the confirmation from the palace - according to Channel 9 reporters in Denmark.

The reporter said that he had spoken to the press office at the palace who had confirmed that she is now in labour so the births are going to be here soon.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The news has been confirmed by the Court, a new thread has been created here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-29789.html

Please continue there!!