The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Aristocracy

Neither would I. I never wrote that they are.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Neither would I. I never wrote that they are.
I know you didn't. I was responding to the other post about why are they having more children if they are separated. Sorry I didn't make that clear

Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Aristocracy

I figured but I wasn't sure either. It's ok, no biggie. :)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Gentry

Never said there were rumors in Denmark, sorry about the misunderstanding. :-)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

I was born by C Section, but I was also close to three weeks late *and* my Mom was becoming dangerously ill. AFAIC, that's the only reason for a C Section, as it's major surgery and major surgery is still major surgery. Regardless of how common it's become lately.

Many people seem to forget this because of it now becoming so common place and that's also a dangerous thing IMO.

Hopefully *if* the Twins have to born this way, the *only* reason is either because the Crown Princess' life or the Twins lives or all three are in serious danger and the birth needs to happen right then and there.

I'm more excited than impatient. They'll come when they'll come and God and His Angels Willing all will go well. :o)
Old 01-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Anyone know what this is about? Apparently CP Frederik was spotted with Isabella and baggage in the car leaving Amalienborg this evening Danish time.

Billed-Bladet - Kronprins Frederik har forladt Amalienborg med Isabella
I just wonder how much longer they are going to put up with the media at their doorstep every minute! Can they set a perimeter outside the courtyard area? I must admit I like seeing them but they can't sneeze now without a photo.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Yes, CP Frederik was spotted driving out of Amalienborg with Pss Isabella on the backseat. They had baggae with them...

My theory is: Prince Christian was also in the car, we just canīt see him or he was hiding. CP Frederik has driven them to Fredensborg where John Donaldson and Susan perhaps are. Itīs easier for them to take care of the children there. They know their way around in Kancellihuset, but perhaps not yet at Amalienborg.

So, perhaps, this is the first sign of something happening
How far is Fredensborg from the hospital where Mary will give birth? Is it likely Fred would drive far with baggage and the kids to drop them off with John Donaldson and Susan Moody, risking missing out on part of the birth? Actually, if that's the case that would seem to make it certain that Mary has a scheduled induction organised ... so Frederik can leave for, what, a few hours? (I don't know the geography, sorry!)
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

I saw people on twitter saying "congrats to Princess Mary on the birth of twin girls." Then it was boys. I'm sitting here thinking, to my knowledge, the twins are still located in their mommy's tummy. People are so easy to jump the gun & believe anything they read.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
How far is Fredensborg from the hospital where Mary will give birth? Is it likely Fred would drive far with baggage and the kids to drop them off with John Donaldson and Susan Moody, risking missing out on part of the birth? Actually, if that's the case that would seem to make it certain that Mary has a scheduled induction organised ... so Frederik can leave for, what, a few hours? (I don't know the geography, sorry!)
Fredensborg is about 30 minutes from Amalienborg, so if he drives at the beginning of the birth then he can easily go back and forth with no problem
I donīt think that CPss Mary is having a scheduled induction, nor a scheduled C-section. Itīs going to be a natural birth, which is comfirmed by court spokeswoman Lene Balleby.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Courtier

I hope it will be two girls.
There are not enough girls in the Danish royal family
I love their boys too but I think little Isabella needs companions
Old 01-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
We'll see soon,I hoped for a boy and a girl,but some nights ago I 've dreamt that she gave birth to 2 girls,we'll see then
Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Hmmm so I suppose nothing has happened yet. I was sure something would because it was a bit suspect that CP Frederik was driving Princess Isabella somewhere that late with baggage.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
I'm hoping for a boy and a girl, but if the twins are the same sex, I hope they're identical twin girls.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Courtier

You have really dreamt of that ?
If your dream comes true,I think I will need you for the lottery
Even if we are curious to have the news quickly,I find it's somewhat immoral from the journalist to follow royal or celebrities on their every step.
I can't stop thinking of poor Lady Diana.In the same way,I think of her every time I am near the 'pont de l'Alma' ,the place where she had her accident in Paris.Poor Britney Spears was harrased by journalist too when she was ill and I really wasn't comfortable to see that.
I hope journalists will not be too intrusive and respect their privacy.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Fredensborg is about 30 minutes from Amalienborg, so if he drives at the beginning of the birth then he can easily go back and forth with no problem
I donīt think that CPss Mary is having a scheduled induction, nor a scheduled C-section. Itīs going to be a natural birth, which is comfirmed by court spokeswoman Lene Balleby.
Aaaah thanks! See, I think in terms of Australian distances. You are quite right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
We'll see soon,I hoped for a boy and a girl,but some nights ago I 've dreamt that she gave birth to 2 girls,we'll see then
I have thought two girls right from the day of the announcement! Fraternal twin girls (sororal?) rather than identical ...
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Nobility

Have any of you actually had twins??

Mary and Fred would have fun with non identical twins as you can tell them apart, identical twins are a handful with trying to tell them apart, making sure that you don't offened them by calling them the wrong names and often I find with identical twins they cause a little more trouble in personality wise and behaviour.

When I was at school there was 4 sets of twins in the year level, 1 set was identical and a real pain in the butt but I could tell them aprt almost instantly when with them. I myself am from a set of non identical twins and if you put my sister and I together you'd think my sister was at least 5 years older then I.

A boy and girl set of twins would be awsome as there is none yet in the royal family
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Aristocracy

Two of my good friends are identical twins. At first I had trouble telling them apart, but not for very long. They do look identical, but there several differences in their appearance that help tell them apart. It also helps that they have different hairstyles too. I think it's most hard to tell who is who when they're tiny babies. My friends' parents put different colors of nail polish on their toes to tell them apart when they were infants.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness

Some are saying on Twitter Frederick had officially cancelled several events for next 3 weeks, anyone know if this is accurate?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Claire View Post
Sometimes c-sections are preformed for the mothers health and not because they don't want to be pregnant anymore. Perhaps she has to schedule one because of unconscionable things like blood pressure and the like.

Now I'm not saying she should have a c-section or that she will...
It seems like most royal births are C sections going way back to the early 20th century. Even the British Queen Mother had princesses Elizabeth and Margaret by c section, which really surprised me. I wonder what it was like back then.
But on the topic of Mary, didn't she have c sections for both Christian and Isabella? Like I said, it seems to be standard procedure for the royals.

Sometimes, I suppose it is for the mother's health, but it could be for the baby, like if the baby wants to come out feet first or something. I've also heard sometimes the royals want to have it a certain time due to their schedules being so rigid and laid out years in advance, but that's seems pretty callous to me. I mean, if you know you're pregnant, you make time to have the baby when it's ready, not when you can squeeze it between an award presentation and a dinner gala.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

To my knowledge Princess Mary didn't have a Caesarean section with either of her children. I read that that Letizia has and possibly Mathilde. Those are the only Princesses I've read about.