Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Aristocracy

I guess my prediction was wrong

Old 01-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Sounds like Braxton-Hicks contractions which are "false" contractions and they can be worse with each pregnancy as far as occurring and they can be really painful. To tell them from true labor, if they get better with walking around for a while and then after an hour or so go away, then they are B-H's.
If they don't go away with walking and if the cervix has changed then, true labor is starting. The key is whether they go away and if the cervix has changed or not. A lot of time when they occur more and more often, it is a prelude for true labor to start.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Will the admission in hospital be announced at the website of the DRF?
Can't remember if they did the last times, don't think so really
The tabloids usually pick it up first; A couple of days ago the tabloid Ekstra Bladet online promised a reward of DKK 5,000 to anybody with news of Mary's whereabouts. Even their anti-royalist readers commented negatively about that - that every pregnant woman should be allowed some peace.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Aristocracy

That's awful. Poor Mary. As much as I want to know when the babies are going to arrive, I think every woman deserves some privacy during her pregnancy, especially during the end of it. I hope all of this tabloid & media nonsense isn't getting to Mary & causing her or the babies any stress. I don't remember there being this much fuss & anticipation when Mary was pregnant with Christian & Isabella, but I suppose everyone is excited & anxious because she's having twins. At this point, I just figure that she's going to have them when they're ready to come into this world.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
The tabloids usually pick it up first; A couple of days ago the tabloid Ekstra Bladet online promised a reward of DKK 5,000 to anybody with news of Mary's whereabouts. Even their anti-royalist readers commented negatively about that - that every pregnant woman should be allowed some peace.
At the birth of Christian the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on October 14th at 21.00. Chistian was born October 15th at about 1.00
At the birth of Isabella the admission at the hospital was announced by the court on April 21st at 10.00. Isabella was born April 21st 16.00
I suppose that the announcements were made in answer to questions from the tabloids.

BTW I don't believe in smokescreans. A Royal Court's spokeswoman cannot allow herself to tell a half truth.
She will loose all reliability.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Royals making ready for births
Article & Picture of Frederik at the hospital
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I read somewhere that EB has lowered the reward to kr. 1000,-
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I read somewhere that EB has lowered the reward to kr. 1000,-
After a couple of false alarms he he serves them right - the hypocrites. They are the first to be condenscending about the royal family and its members but when there are interesting (money earning potential for EB) things happening they are hyping everything up.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
After a couple of false alarms he he serves them right - the hypocrites. They are the first to be condenscending about the royal family and its members but when there are interesting (money earning potential for EB) things happening they are hyping everything up.
I can't describe the feeling I get, when EB wallows in hypocracy regarding the royals. On an every-day basis calling names and questioning their behaviour - sometimes from unsubstantiated or greatly inflated rumors - and more often than not - grabbed out of thin air - only to denigrate the monarchy. But when a positive story sells papers, (like in the event of a birth, marriage etc.) they are suddenly full of "extended editions" with pictures and cute strories - only to turn a week later and critizise everythinig about the events.

How I wish newspapers (journalists in general, really) were made as responsible for their actions as anyone else is regarding their job (i.e. if you bring a story that's false or contains untrue or inflated statements.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Aristocracy

I wouldn't want to be in Mary's or Frederik's shoes in this particular moment. Giving birth is always a delicate event, all the more so when two babies are involved. Having to cope with the anticipation and stress of the event itself and of the increasing media-hype should be quite difficult. Kudos for both of them to have kept their tempers so far - no impatient or impolite gesture pictured by the omnipresent cameras so far...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
They are a gossip magazine right?

If they are I can't say I'm surprised. The leeches thrive off things like this. They don't care about anyone's feelings. It's all about making $$$$. Crown Princess Mary is the hottest commodity right now in Denmark so I'm afraid to say there is not a chance in hell they will leave her alone.

Do you think she'll have the twins next week after Crown Prince Frederik cancelled his schedules for next Thursday? Mid January was probably the right prediction all along!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As said on the previous page, engagements are cancelled all the time.
Nobody knows when the babies are going to arrive, I doubt even Mary knows.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

mwinther & UserDane, I totally agree that EB are hypocrites and I certainly don´t support their way with rewards in any way.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
As said on the previous page, engagements are cancelled all the time.
Nobody knows when the babies are going to arrive, I doubt even Mary knows.
It's still fun to speculate! Funny how the media started the mid January birthdate and now they might actually have a chance of getting it right.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcurious View Post
Do you think she'll have the twins next week after Crown Prince Frederik cancelled his schedules for next Thursday? Mid January was probably the right prediction all along!
I don't know, A lot is possible.
My son in law took three weeks of holidays starting with the last week of July and the two first weeks of August.
Due date for my daughter was August 5th and the doctor was absolutely sure the child would be born during this holidays.
My granddaughter however was born on August 25th.
Three weeks before and two weeks after due date is perfect when you do it on the natural way.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcurious View Post
They are a gossip magazine right?

If they are I can't say I'm surprised. The leeches thrive off things like this. They don't care about anyone's feelings. It's all about making $$$$. Crown Princess Mary is the hottest commodity right now in Denmark so I'm afraid to say there is not a chance in hell they will leave her alone.
Nah, they're a tabloid newspaper. But they don't shy away from anything. Sure, they were "offended" by the paparazzi hunt of Princess DI... the day after she died... and when that mood had cooled a bit, they were right back in the saddle - no scruples. As such, they get most of their headlines (and articles) from grossly inflated rumors, outright misrepresentation or free fantasy/wishful thinking. Usually in an attempt at discrediting someone - can be anyone, really - except themselves, of course. EB never puts a foot wrong - and if it seems they did, it's only because all other newspapers are chicken-**** and that EB is some sort of holy entity beyond reproach, no matter how big a turd they've managed to excrete on some innocent bystander.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh the drama of it all Denmark is such a small place and I wonder if Mary can breath at the moment with babies and the media pressing so hard against her. I guess it will all be over soon and the name game will begin in earnest....poor thing.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Oh the drama of it all Denmark is such a small place and I wonder if Mary can breath at the moment with babies and the media pressing so hard against her. I guess it will all be over soon and the name game will begin in earnest....poor thing.
Yes,it will be over soon,Frederik cancelled all his engagements and the medical teams are on standby which might point at a ceasarian for the twins this weekend,just as well.

The name game:two girls:Margrethe & Mathilda...
two boys:neither of the above
one girl one boy Elisabeth and Lucien.....why not...
Old 01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Billed Bladet" have the testimony of a reporter outside the hospital

Billed-Bladet - BILLED-BLADETs reporter på Riget: Det er tæt på nu!

Google Traduttore

Some Danish member can say us what the journalist said in the video? Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Yes,it will be over soon,Frederik cancelled all his engagements
Frederik cancelled one engagement. That hints at nothing.