The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I find it a bit disturbing as the women just like anyone else needs privacy, and taking a picture of her through the palace windows should not be allowed. Yes it's great seeing her but not this way.
Dazzling I think linking the photo from this forum is not respecting Princess Mary's privacy, sorry. It's a clandestine photo and linking to it is creating an audience and endorsing it! It can be removed can't it?

Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Dazzling I think linking the photo from this forum is not respecting Princess Mary's privacy, sorry. It's a clandestine photo and linking to it is creating an audience and endorsing it! It can be removed can't it?
Yes it can be deleted but if it is already surfing the net then why not posted it elsewhere. Im not arguing why it is posted here or not but the fact that the photographers are invading her privacy while behind the palace walls. I would understand if they pictures her while out of the palace but not in. The crown prince couple/family have always been generous in providing pictures, to me such an act of photographers/press to create a story is not nice.

The twins will be delivered soon, I think they should take a deep breathe and wait patiently.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Majesty

Isn't there a law against that sort of invasion of privacy? If not there certainly should be.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Yes...but the prediction that justcurious referred to was from 2006, so indeed, CP Mary has become more popular within the past 4 years.
That is true.

But already in 2007 she was voted most popular of all women in Denmark.

Kronprinsesse Mary mest populære kvinde - Avisen.dk
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Isn't there a law against that sort of invasion of privacy? If not there certainly should be.
Stricktly speaking it is actually a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.

If someone take a picture of one of the palais at Amalienborg and a closer inspection reveals that Mary was standing in the window, it's just coincidental.
If someone deliberatly use a telelense to take photos of Mary inside the palais, behind closed windows and obviously without her knowing it, it's a breach of the legislation. - Whether it's deemed too trivial a matter for the courts is another question.

--------------------------------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Sidste lægetjek før fødslen - Final medical check-up before giving birth.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen, the BB sentinel outside Rigshospitalet.

Monday Mary went to Rigshospitalet for a check-up. The head of the midwives, Birgitte Hillerup and obstetrician Morten Hedegaard examined her. Everything was fine, says the article and the birth can take place any time now.
If the birth has not started within the next few days, there are strong indications that the birth will be started no later than mid January.

Four rooms are on stand-by at the delivery ward, ready for Mary. Mary will only be using one of them, but there are four rooms prepared for her.
Once she has given birth, she and the twins will wheeled to the maternity ward where a room is also ready for her.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest, and I am a Mary fan, I am really not that interested in the births of her twins. The reason being that now once they are born we are going to be waiting for ages to find out their names.

For me, I cannot maintain interest for so long.

Its nothing to do with Mary, but that particular Danish royal tradition of keeping the name a secret.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post
To be honest, and I am a Mary fan, I am really not that interested in the births of her twins. The reason being that now once they are born we are going to be waiting for ages to find out their names.

Its nothing to do with Mary, but that particular Danish royal tradition of keeping the name a secret.
Why is that so important that you cannot wait three months?

Are you planning to go to Mars?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Why is that so important that you cannot wait three months?

Are you planning to go to Mars?
It'll be interesting to find out what the sexes are, but I think my excitement is more reserved as well Australian.

It has nothing to do with going somewhere though Muhler, more that keeping up that level of excitement just to know what the sexes are only to have to wait and build up that excitement three months later to finally learn the names. I'd much rather just wait until the christening for my excitement.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

@muhler:
thanks for the translation. as a dane, how do you reckon she and frederik are coping with media-curiosity?
i couldn't grasp the exact meaning of what they said in their first respective interviews after the announcement, but judging from the translation and their expressions, having twins had been a major surprise for them both!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

if there is an opportunity for a picture to be taken it will be taken. its a profession called "paparazzi" that earns people a living. whats new. if the court is not happy they are free to take precaution to prevent similar shots in the future (for example install some curtains, good idea) or go to court (not so good idea). it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that the media is on high alert in denmark these days.

imo its naive to believe that people of public interest are only subject of interest when on duty. no, they are subject of interest 24 hours a day and when they want to be private, they have to make sure they are private indeed. its daily business for royals. there are more popular people on this planet than mary but usually we dont see them behind their windows because their windows are protected.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Perhaps she made herself visible to be kind and let people know that she is fine and also that she is not in labor.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Perhaps she made herself visible to be kind and let people know that she is fine and also that she is not in labor.
exactly. given the attention that mary deals with day in day out it is a strange thought that she wasnt aware of the opportunity to be photographed when behind a window without curtains with full lights on.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

To me it looks like Mary is in one of the rooms that were open for public last year, not in the private rooms.

Nevertheless it doesn't excuse the breach of privacy laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
exactly. given the attention that mary deals with day in day out it is a strange thought that she wasnt aware of the opportunity to be photographed when behind a window without curtains with full lights on.
It looks like she was on the phone and walking around which a lot of people do while talking
Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz View Post
@muhler:
thanks for the translation. as a dane, how do you reckon she and frederik are coping with media-curiosity?
i couldn't grasp the exact meaning of what they said in their first respective interviews after the announcement, but judging from the translation and their expressions, having twins had been a major surprise for them both!
You are welcome.

I think they are doing fine. It's certainly not M&F who are feeding the media. The medias are perfectly able to that on their own!
Apart from that, it's not like there are TV cameras permanently outside Rigshospitalet. Nor are people glued to the TV for any news on the pregnancy.
Those who seem most impatient appear to be the magazines and tabloids.

And you are right, twins was quite a surprise for M&F!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters View Post
It'll be interesting to find out what the sexes are, but I think my excitement is more reserved as well Australian.

It has nothing to do with going somewhere though Muhler, more that keeping up that level of excitement just to know what the sexes are only to have to wait and build up that excitement three months later to finally learn the names. I'd much rather just wait until the christening for my excitement.
Yeah, okay. I guess I wouldn't be sitting on the edge of the seat either, if it were, say Michelle Obama, who was about to give birth to twins.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Majesty

Anyway, with half the BB reporters pacing up and down the floor at the office, waiting for the birth, they've begun to dig up old quotes from M&F, just to have something to write about...

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Sådan skal tvillingerne opdrages - This is how the twins will be brought up.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who believe M&F will follow a similar pattern from Christian and Bella.
Frederik: "Christian will sleep an arms-lenght away from mum and dad". - And later on: "Christian now sleep in his own room, but with a baby alarm, so that we can hear him".

The family/quality time at breakfast has a high priority. Frederik: "To be parents isn't just about servicing the child by changing diapers and food, but most of all about spending time together. That's both fun and important and we have benefitted a lot from that. The more you are together with your children, the better. We can see on both Christian and Isabella that this is something they are fond of and feel comfortable with".

One of the first activities Christian and Bella was subjected to was probably baby-swimming. Both have learned to ride bikes and Christian to ski.
Children should be allowed to try new things. "Children are not made of porcelain. They just needs to be treated with common sense".

There are rules in the CP-household. One of the is: No swearing!

They end the day by saying the Lords Prayer with the children.

--------

BB also has a brief article about the Vogue shoot, I will omit writing a summary of that as there are very few details. I would instead much prefer to read a summary from those who have read the magazine. M&F appear to emphasize themselves as "a modern couple with modern interests".

For those in the know: BB will be up tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

Didn't Isabella learn to ski last time in Verbier, too?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

just checked frederik's calendar on the CP official page and well, the event scheduled for Jan13 has been cancelled. does this mean twins on their way to the world, and frederik's presence on Jan13 highly likely required eslewhere, i.e. at home with the oldest two or at hospital with mary and the new ones???
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz View Post
just checked frederik's calendar on the CP official page and well, the event scheduled for Jan13 has been cancelled. does this mean twins on their way to the world, and frederik's presence on Jan13 highly likely required eslewhere, i.e. at home with the oldest two or at hospital with mary and the new ones???
Or the event was simply cancelled because it couldn't go ahead?
The royal couple aren't going to know when the babies are coming unless Mary has planned the birth for a specific day.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy

of course they don't know for sure, but i guess the doctors would have told them something more specific than the "anytime soon" the newspapers say. the twins can certainly come anytime they want, and had it been the case of Mary being admitted to hospital during some New Year event Frederik would have had to sneak out of it (and rush to hospital in full navy gala uniform and decorations... just imagine!).
in order to avoid such a clamor, I reckon that together with his staff Frederik decided it was safer not to attend anything. unless it is as you say and the event simply could not go ahead.
also because I think they will try and make it to the hospital with some privacy.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Where can I find that calendar?

Closed Thread