The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am also hoping for a girl and a boy. Just to see the similarities or differences to Christian and Isabella. However obviously the most important thing is that they arrive healthy and safely

Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Same here, I'm hoping for a girl and a boy! They will arrive when they want to!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

I hope they are identical twins, just to make things more interesting than they already are.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Courtier

TODAY: Princess Mary’s twins on MSN Video
Australia Video on the false story that CP Mary was supposed to be in hospital giving birth. According to the Aussie reporter in Copenhagen, CP Mary went out shopping and CP Frederik was seen walking the dog.
So its only the media and royal watchers who are stressing about an impending birth..not the royal couple!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Nobility

If Mary is out shopping then all is fine, she probably getting in just one last trip before she becomes a mother of 4.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Australia Video on the false story that CP Mary was supposed to be in hospital giving birth. According to the Aussie reporter in Copenhagen, CP Mary went out shopping and CP Frederik was seen walking the dog.
So its only the media and royal watchers who are stressing about an impending birth..not the royal couple!
Some Australian channels have been reporting for the past few days on the "immenent birth" of the royal twins and interviewing several royal watchers about it. They are just hyping it up
Old 01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo's Girl View Post
If Mary is out shopping then all is fine, she probably getting in just one last trip before she becomes a mother of 4.

If she was able to go out shopping why wasn't she attending the New Year's event?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
If she was able to go out shopping why wasn't she attending the New Year's event?
There is a big difference between going shopping, which may have lasted for an hour or so, to attending a formal gala, which would be hours long...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
There is a big difference between going shopping, which may have lasted for an hour or so, to attending a formal gala, which would be hours long...
Yes and no. Shopping = walking. Gala - I am sure they would allow her mostly sit. She would not have to stay all time long. I was just surprised that she feels good enough to go out shopping and couldn't attend a New Year's event, even if for an hour only.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Administrator

This is true. But only Mary and her doctor know what she is capable of doing day to day. And I am sure it changes. Perhaps on Saturday she wasn't up to go to the New Year festivities or shop. And today (or the day of the event) could have been a better day. And she felt up to it.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
This is true. But only Mary and her doctor know what she is capable of doing day to day. And I am sure it changes. Perhaps on Saturday she wasn't up to go to the New Year festivities or shop. And today (or the day of the event) could have been a better day. And she felt up to it.
Good point. It may be.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Nobility

Walking is also considered a good way to induce labor. Maybe she's trying to naturally induce those babies to make their appearance already, lol!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Walking is also considered a good way to induce labor. Maybe she's trying to naturally induce those babies to make their appearance already, lol!

While shopping? Doubt she would risk to induce labor while at the store
Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Courtier

Maybe she did not want to chance her water breaking and going into labor at a gala event. She is on leave and I am sure nobody is pushing her to do anything she is not comfortable doing.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
While shopping? Doubt she would risk to induce labor while at the store
I know plenty of women who've been told to go walking at the local mall to help things along when they're near or past their due date.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes and no. Shopping = walking. Gala - I am sure they would allow her mostly sit. She would not have to stay all time long. I was just surprised that she feels good enough to go out shopping and couldn't attend a New Year's event, even if for an hour only.
You don't attend the New Year Levee for just an hour,you attend Royal functions all the way.That would have been hours of standing shaking hands with official Denmark followed by a formal dinner Cinderella...you wouldn't want the shoe to fit...Really,
thought the ins- and outs at a Royal Court would have become clearer over the years..
Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Nobility

Mary is in bed, no walking. It is logicall - she is expecting twins and is in the ninth moth. Wake up everyone - you werent pregnant or donť have any friend/relative who was?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
Mary is in bed, no walking. It is logicall - she is expecting twins and is in the ninth moth. Wake up everyone - you werent pregnant or donť have any friend/relative who was?
Well, according to the video she was out shopping & onlookers said she was looking fine. Walking is a good many thing regardless with how many you are carrying & are not on bed rest, you are advised to walk and move but take it easy at the same time by many doctors.

I guess many think she is in bed as she is around her due date or passed it since many speculated she would be due in december a bit earlier than mentioned because of twins and her previous pregnancies, but at the end of it, we were told January and it could be mid or the end of January who knows.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Serene Highness

According to the pregnancy announcement on August 6th 2010 CP was then 14 weeks pregnant.
Her due time is then +26 weeks so at the end of January.
If she is really fine she can make it till due time.

Twins are often born a month earlier, while the burden is of course twice as heavy and the pregnancy in general more complicated.
If a twin-expectand mother is fine she can make it up till the 40 weeks
Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Mary is officially on maternity leave.

She could for that matter be tap-dancing through the streets of Copenhagen. That's no longer relevant in relation to her official functions.

Closed Thread