Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nothing short of overjoyed for them. What truly wonderful news :rose:

Dare I say I think these two little ones will be their last pregnancy.

I would think so, as Mary is 38 years old. I am surprised that they announced that they were having twins, rather than just saying that she was pregnant.
Fred and Mary will have four children, just like Mary's family did when she was growing up in Australia. Mary has two sisters and a brother.

(BTW, when Grand Duke Jean was Crown Prince of Luxembourg, he and his wife, Josephine-Charlotte, had twins: Prince Jean and Princess Margaretha.)

OH MY GOSH!!!!

That is such wonderful news! I'm floored and excited. Fantastic!!!!!!!! :D

That's fantastic news! I wish her an easy pregnancy. It's always great to hear news of babies on the way!

well I big big surprise!I have never expected that never!!!!Uauuuuuu for Mary!

Twins!! Such a nice surprise! Congratulations to the Family!!

Fabulous news...how exciting for them!

So glad I posted yesterday that I thought she might be pregnant, hate the speculation usually but after the family photoshoot I thought she just looked 'glowing!'

Surprised!!!

Wow, congratulations to the family.I can't wait for the twins.:flowers:

Victoria gets marry and Mary is who gets pregnant? lol

I am very happy for her, but a little jealous for my favorite Princess (Letizia).

I would have bet my life that it would have been Marie again before Mary but there you go.

What lovely news after all the speculations & rumors that everyone thought was.
I wish her all the best.

Wow! I'm so happy for them! I wasn't sure if Mary and Fred would have any more children, and now they're having two!

Great news! and he he... at the royal wedding in Sthlm in june many people was talking about Mette Marit being pregnant... but it was Mary! :-D

Congratulations to the Crownprincefamily! Wow twins!!!! :flowers:

Double trouble, and twice the fun!

Oh yes, twins are that! My congratulations, and, of course, best wishes for a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Then the real fun begins!

Wonderful, wonderful news. Many prayers for healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy for CP Mary!

What a great news! I'm really happy for them! :) Hope it will be a safe pregnancy. And I'm imagining how the babies will look like. It's time for children who look like Mary since Christian and Isabella look so much like their father (what it's not bad...). :lol:

Congrats to Frederik and Mary :flowers:

The news just said that besides the twins in the DRF already mentioned there were twins in the family (the king and queen?) in the 1500s, two boys but both died shortly after having been baptised. The media also shortly showed to two twin girls/women in the family who send their gratulations for Frederik and Mary.

Congrats to Frederik and Mary :flowers:

The news just said that besides the twins in the DRF already mentioned there were twins in the family (the king and queen?) in the 1500s, two boys but both died shortly after having been baptised. The media also shortly showed to two twin girls/women in the family who send their gratulations for Frederik and Mary.

Thank you MDS :flowers:

I can add that the last time twins were born into the Danish line of succession was indeed in 1519. Denmark was still Catholic back then. They both died shortly after being baptised.

Children back then were christened as soon as possible. The baptism was considered much more important then the birth itself. Partly due to the high infant mortality but primarily to ensure they belonged to God. Lest the Devil should get hold of them. It would also ensure that they would go straight to Paradise should they die.
The doctrin at the time, if I remember correctly, was that infants, being innocent, would enter a stage of perpetual bliss should they die before being christened. - But the best thing was of course to get them attached to God, through baptism.

That's great news!
I'm so glad they're having more children.

Great news!!! I've always known the next royal pregnancy was Mary's. I'm so happy for them. I didn't expect twins though. Double congrats then ;-)
I hope for a baby girl at least, so Bella can have a sister to play with.

Awesome news!!! I was thinking the next baby news will come from Sweden, but big congrats to the Danish royal family. :flowers:

Great news!

Did Mary have fertility treatment? (Because of twins and a few years without pregnancy, although they always said, they wanted a big family)

Some people think that they can't control Christian and Isabella.

I was so excited to hear this news. I disagree with Lumutqueen's statement about Frederik and Mary not controlling their children- even Queen Margarethe has commented on what a spirited child Isabella is and each time they are seen publicly, Frederik and Mary are clearly involved, hands-on parents. I think it is really wonderful that these children are encouraged to be themselves and that their spirits are not broken, as has been the more traditional royal parenting technique!

All of the crown princely families in Europe (Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark) have transitioned to a more contemporary style of parenting in this generation. I think it is wonderful that the little royals are being raised more by their parents than by nannies and governesses.

Congratulations to them! Twins can be a great challenge but it is wonderful to see that their dreams of a big family (shared during their engagement interview) are coming true. Best wishes to them during this very special time.

You're welcome Muhler

Ha, ha, now they are calling Frederik "Far til fire" (father of four) which is the name of a very popular old family book/movie series. Not sure how happy he would be about that though, the father in the series is quite fun to look at in old (and most known) version, chubby and with his eyebrows way too high up on his forehead, but I guess you'd have to have seen the movie to really appreciate it;-)

They are also saying that Mary so far will take care of all of her duties (as long as it's possible I guess).

They also said no fertility treatment, it's natural.

I disagree with Lumutqueen's statement about Frederik and Mary not controlling their children- even Queen Margarethe has commented on what a spirited child Isabella is and each time they are seen publicly, Frederik and Mary are clearly involved, hands-on parents. I think it is really wonderful that these children are encouraged to be themselves and that their spirits are not broken, as has been the more traditional royal parenting technique.

Excuse me, but you are assume I agree with what I wrote.
I don't, some people think that Christian and Isabella are allowed to run riot and their parents do not control them. Nowhere in my post did I say that I agreed with it.

Aussie News.
Princess Mary says she is expecting twins | News.com.au
Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom