Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And not let's pretend that because they are the Crown Prince couple and they have access to help that it won't be an adjustment. Gone are the days when the upper classes passed off their children and only saw them twice a day. Or had someone who actually provided the breast milk for the child.

Just breast feeding one (not to mention twins) and having 2 active children is going to be exhausting. Its a big enough adjustment when you add one baby to a family unit but another baby at the same time.

I think being a royal comes with its own set of problems/stresses, that hired help can't begin to alleviate. When I come to a royal site I don't pretend that they are an ordinary couple with no assistance, but a high profile couple who can't even have a pregnancy without wild speculation that morphs into fact through cyberspace. The wild stories I have read about conception and now delivery makes one wonder why anyone would want this lifestyle. JMHO.

Last edited:
It will be an adjustment for them however (and I speak from experience having a 4.5 year old and 2 year old twins) it will be a little easier for Fred and Mary as they do not have to worry about everyday chores like cooking, cleaning, laundry etc and they can focus on spending quality time with their newborns and two older children. My parents lived with us for 6.5 weeks after my twins were born and my mum and dad took care of the cleaning, cooking, laundry (with a little help from me :) ) whilst I got to spend time with my then 2.5 year old (who had a hard time adjusting to the twins' arrival) and time with the babies (feeding changing etc). I also got to sleep/rest between feeds as my parents were up and could attend to the kids in the event they woke up.

Hi everyone!

Can I just start off by saying how wonderful it is to come across this site? A few days ago I decided I should join an online community that were eagerly awaiting the birth of these twins just as much as I was. After checking out a few, I found this forum and I am so glad I did because one of the websites I came across was rather nasty and spiteful towards her, I was quite taken aback by the amount of vile language in there!

I was actually quite surprised that some people saw her in that way! So you can understand my relief when I came across this.

I've spent the last couple of days reading people's comments and I love how everyone can voice their opinion, both negative and positive, without being aggressive. Love it!

Back to the topic...Congratulations to CP Frederik, CP Mary and their little Princely's on expecting not 1 but 2 wonderful additions to their beautiful little family! Congratulations to the rest of the DRF because I am sure they are just as delighted that they will be adding a set of twins to their brood any minute now.

See you all around the boards :)

Just to clarify, I never said there is not going to be an adjustment period after the birth of their babies, just that it will be easier then if they were an ordinary couple. They are very lucky that they are who they are, not that their status doesn't come with its own set of problems.

And not let's pretend that because they are the Crown Prince couple and they have access to help that it won't be an adjustment. Gone are the days when the upper classes passed off their children and only saw them twice a day. Or had someone who actually provided the breast milk for the child.

Just breast feeding one (not to mention twins) and having 2 active children is going to be exhausting. Its a big enough adjustment when you add one baby to a family unit but another baby at the same time.

Well, its not like Christian atleast needs constant attention. Who knows, maybe he can tie his own shoelaces, after all, he is 5 years old. I have coworkers that have 15 months between their first and second grandchild. Thats a bit worse:) Christian(and maybe his little sister) knows why mom or dad will not be able to help them with every little thing for a while

Come on Mary, lets get those babies out. Suggest a spicy curry to help her on her way!!!

I came across this article written in 2006 called Reading the Faces of Future Queens' and I found it rather interesting. The author of the article is a world expert in Feng Shui I understand.

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark

Of the handful of commoner women who in recent years won the heart of Crown Princes and went on to marry them to become Crown Princesses, one stands out prominently. This is no other than the stunning Mary Donaldson who has become Princess Mary of Denmark. Here is a woman who has an almost perfect face with several features that mark her out to be someone incredibly special.
To start with, Princess Mary has a perfect egg-shaped face which according to Chinese face reading techniques is the ultimate face shape to have. An egg-shape face for a woman indicates she is certain to marry well - either to someone very wealthy or someone who comes from a ruling family. In olden days when the eunuchs of emperors looked throughout the kingdom for potential brides for the Emperor, they would look for women with egg-shaped faces, flawless complexions, small rosebud lips and bright, sparkling eyes.
If you look closely at Mary Donaldson’s face, you can see she has all these features. Her nose can be described as aristocratic; it is neither too big nor too small, and has a delicate look without appearing thin. It has flesh but is not excessively fleshy, and her nostrils are also discreet. Most importantly, her nose is straight, well-balanced and slightly tilted upwards – a mark of someone who is or who will become aristocratic. It is likely that Mary’s body also reveals some special marks, for she was born several continents from the home of her Prince Charming, the dashing Prince Frederick of Denmark.
Mary’s background is as far removed from that of Prince Frederick as is possible, yet against all odds, they met, fell in love and got married. Prince Frederick is not just any Prince. He is heir to the throne of Denmark and the Royal House of Denmark is reputed to be one of the wealthiest in Europe. Its fortune they say surpasses that of Queen Elizabeth of England.
What is lucky about Mary’s cheeks is that they indicate not just wealth and more than enough to eat, but also success, a life of luxury and great popularity. She also seems to know how to put just enough colour on her cheeks, thereby ensuring continuous good fortune and a happy marriage.
Mary keeps her hair long and silky and this complements her overall look. There is perfect symmetry and balance to her face and the Chinese always stress this when they speak of appearances bringing a good destiny. Finally, if you look at Mary’s chin, it is slightly pointed and also tilted slightly upwards; these are two important signs of power in old age. Women with this kind of chin are well favoured among the lady dowagers of China as they are said to bring excellent fortunes to their husbands.
Mary’s chin rounds up a very lucky and special face. It suggests that Princess Mary will ascend the throne of Denmark. She will have more than one son and will become more popular as she matures

So I'm going to run with her and say the twins are either going to be fraternal or two boys ;)

Last edited:
Interesting prediction.

But is it possibly for CP Mary to become moore popular?

In Denmark CP Mary is already the most popular royal person:flowers:

Yeah, danish women can get close to a year. And while on maternity leave they save up vacation time as well (most danes get 6 weeks vacation pr year), so many woman "celebrate" the end of their leave with a long vacation.

No wonder the country is going bankrupt.

Very interesting with the differences - I'm referring to the short maternity leave in Hong Kong; (the qoute failed).

IMO it is very important that fathers and mothers have the same maternity leave.

The fathers will have a better understanding of their role as a parent.

The children will benefit from a closer relation to the father as well.

An increasingly number of danish men want to spend time with their new born children. But it is not socially acceptable in all firms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its not like Christian atleast needs constant attention. Who knows, maybe he can tie his own shoelaces, after all, he is 5 years old. I have coworkers that have 15 months between their first and second grandchild. Thats a bit worse:) Christian(and maybe his little sister) knows why mom or dad will not be able to help them with every little thing for a while

I agree. Christian has also been through this before so when Isabella arrived. So he may have some memory of "a new baby arriving." Plus, Christian and Isabella will also have the attention of their nannies and teachers to help keep their day to day routine going once the twins arrive home.

There was an interesting segment on the TV2 news at 19.00.

Partly from todays Court, but also about the preparations at Kronborg Castle.
Here a battery of heavy cannons will fire a salute on the noon, after Mary has given birth. They will altogther fire 42 shots. 21 for each child.

The cannons are from 1766.

The artillerymen have been on readiness alert since the 20th December and now they are in place at Kronborg. (Their garrison is in western Jutland). They are in these days practising firing the old cannons.

The salute from Kronborg is of course a favourite among photographers and TV networks, because it's spectacular.
However another battery will also fire a salute. That's the battery Sixtus at the naval yard in Copenhagen. These much more modern cannons are placed close to the Flag of the Realm. That's the Dannebrog that is considered the official flag of Denmark. That salute will naturally also take place at noon.

42 shots... A luck Mary is not pregnant with triplets! :p

Interesting prediction.

In Denmark CP Mary is already the most popular royal person:flowers:

There's room to convert those on the 'dark side' ;)

Btw, if anyone interested in reading the entire article. Here's the link. She reads a few other royal faces and 1 soon to be. From what I know about the women on the list (which is not alot:whistling:) it is pretty much on the money.

Reading the Faces of Future Queens

The artillerymen have been on readiness alert since the 20th December and now they are in place at Kronborg. (Their garrison is in western Jutland).
I do hope that they live another place in Helsingør than at Kronborg. Because there is no what so ever heat at Kronborg.
I sang there on Christmas Eve and I had to have gloves on. I would have taken my jacket on, but that would have looked weird, so I didn´t, but it was sooooooo cold...

For me the birth of twins is especially interesting,as their eventual sex could determine the proportion of children in the family:if Mary gives birth to a boy and a girl in family will be 2 boys and 2 girls,if not then either Christian will be an unique son or Isabella an unique daughter.

I'm fairly sure at this stage in the game that we aren't the only people who are fed up waiting. At this late stage pregnant with twins I'm sure Mary feels uncomfortable and ready to not be pregnant anymore. Maybe also fed up of answering Christian and Isabella who will constantly be asking "When are the babies coming?":)

For me the birth of twins is especially interesting,as their eventual sex could determine the proportion of children in the family:if Mary gives birth to a boy and a girl in family will be 2 boys and 2 girls,if not then either Christian will be an unique son or Isabella an unique daughter.

That's something I have thought much about also. If the twins are of the same sex the family dynamic will change considerably; if they're one of each, the current balance can be maintained.

Very interesting with the differences - I'm referring to the short maternity leave in Hong Kong; (the qoute failed).

IMO it is very important that fathers and mothers have the same maternity leave.

The fathers will have a better understanding of their role as a parent.

The children will benefit from a closer relation to the father as well.

An increasingly number of danish men want to spend time with their new born children. But it is not socially acceptable in all firms.

In Germany it is possible for fathers as well. Here both parents can take up to three years "Elternzeit" (Parenttime). They can also split the time and get the last 12 month separately between year 3 and 8 (most of the parents (or at least one of them) take those 12 month when the child starts school if they choose to split their "Elternzeit"). But mostly it's just the mothers who take "Elternzeit" because you don't get money during that time. :sad: You just have a job protection during that time (but to be honest, that's a lot, because you don't have to worry about not having a job after that time ;) ).

The fathers do usually just take the new invented "Vätermonate" (Fathermonths) which they can choose as they want. Most of the fathers I know took 1 month right after the birth and exactly a year later right on time for the first birthday. It's also an option to extend the payment of "Elterngeld". If the fathermonths are taken you will get these money for 14 month and not just for 12. So it's not only more quality time for daddy and kiddy, but also more money fore the family. ;)

So, from what I see (especially looking to Hong Kong and the danish fathers with just 2 daddy-weeks) german parents can be lucky of a lot of german "after-birth-laws";)

In Germany it is possible for fathers as well. Here both parents can take up to three years "Elternzeit" (Parenttime). They can also split the time and get the last 12 month separately between year 3 and 8 (most of the parents (or at least one of them) take those 12 month when the child starts school if they choose to split their "Elternzeit"). But mostly it's just the mothers who take "Elternzeit" because you don't get money during that time. :sad: You just have a job protection during that time (but to be honest, that's a lot, because you don't have to worry about not having a job after that time ;) ).

The fathers do usually just take the new invented "Vätermonate" (Fathermonths) which they can choose as they want. Most of the fathers I know took 1 month right after the birth and exactly a year later right on time for the first birthday. It's also an option to extend the payment of "Elterngeld". If the fathermonths are taken you will get these money for 14 month and not just for 12. So it's not only more quality time for daddy and kiddy, but also more money fore the family. ;)

So, from what I see (especially looking to Hong Kong and the danish fathers with just 2 daddy-weeks) german parents can be lucky of a lot of german "after-birth-laws";)

Yes I think we have a winner:flowers:

Interesting prediction.

In Denmark CP Mary is already the most popular royal person
Yes...but the prediction that justcurious referred to was from 2006, so indeed, CP Mary has become more popular within the past 4 years.:flowers:

Muhler...I thought that there were only going to be a 21 gun salute for the twins. How come there will be a 42 gun salute now? I wonder what changed?

Yes...but the prediction that justcurious referred to was from 2006, so indeed, CP Mary has become more popular within the past 4 years.:flowers:

Muhler...I thought that there were only going to be a 21 gun salute for the twins. How come there will be a 42 gun salute now? I wonder what changed?

I don't know. That's what the artilleryman said on the news.

I guess someone decided to stick to the protocol, which says a 21 shot salute for each child.

We are in for a veritable artillery barrage!

OK seing the Cp up to now is doing well, I tend to believe that she will make her 40 weeks of pregnancy.
Sorry to say so, but you can better become alert at the end of the month.
As her husband says, CP is very strong and I hope, for the sake of her children that she can make it till week 40 (end of January/begin of February).
If everything is allright (and also because the parents want the birth as naturally as possible), I think we shall be patient for about two or three more weeks

I don't know. That's what the artilleryman said on the news.

I guess someone decided to stick to the protocol, which says a 21 shot salute for each child.

We are in for a veritable artillery barrage!

What happened to the two different locations that I saw someone comment on or is it back to the usual one location now for a 42 gun salute?

Somehow I doubt that an active person like the Crown Princess would 'spend most of her time in bed', unless she has a cold or flu, of course!:bang:
I sincerely hope she is not ill, but am certain she must be very uncomfortable carrying her babies around so that I join others in wishing her a safe and speedy delivery:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
justcurious said:
What happened to the two different locations that I saw someone comment on or is it back to the usual one location now for a 42 gun salute?
It's two places (Kronborg Castle and Sixtus), like with Prince Christian and Princess Isabella :)

Last edited:
My conspiracy theory: Mary is NOT actually pregnant, but a surrogate is...which is why Mary's bump looked so small during the whole pregnancy, she was wearing a 'fake bump'...Now they are just waiting for the surrogate to give birth and to make it look like Mary did...

I love Mary and do believe she is really pregnant but I am just making up stuff to pass the time because this TWIN pregnacy seems a lot longer than her other two?! Hurry up babies!

My conspiracy theory: Mary is NOT actually pregnant, but a surrogate is...which is why Mary's bump looked so small during the whole pregnancy, she was wearing a 'fake bump'...Now they are just waiting for the surrogate to give birth and to make it look like Mary did...

I love Mary and do believe she is really pregnant but I am just making up stuff to pass the time because this TWIN pregnacy seems a lot longer than her other two?! Hurry up babies!
...and Fredrik is not the father, Elvis is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom