The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Courtier

Please have them BEFORE I go on vacation, 17 December...or wait until AFTER I get back, 3 January...I feel I won't be logging on, reading newspapers, watching the news much while I'm away...Do it for me Mary...thanks!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much Iceflower for the link to those pics. CPM looks fantastic and very healthy!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Majesty

An article in Politiken, one of the most serious newspapers in DK: Rigshospitalet afviser: Vi lukker ikke fødestuer for Mary - Politiken.dk

Because some reporters on BT and TV2 didn't check their facts first, the story about Mary having commandeered nine delivery rooms at Rigshspitalet is still circulating.

Now, to get things straight the head of the maternity ward, Morten Hedegaard, has stated to Politiken: "No one who is giving birth will be moved to other maternity wards in connection with the upcoming birth within the royal family. We have not closed down not one nor more delivery rooms at the maternity ward", Says Morten Hedegaard.
(»Der er ingen fødende, der bliver flyttet til andre fødesteder med baggrund i den kommende fødsel i kongehuset. Vi har ikke lukket hverken en eller flere fødestuer på fødegangen«, siger Morten Hedegaard.)

There are thirteen delivery rooms at Rigshospitalet and there are on average fifteen deliveries a day.
The planning takes place six months in advance and not everyone who wish to give birth at Rigshospitalet can do so. This hospital has the most advanced maternity ward in DK and as such women who suffer from various afflictions or complications are put on a higher priority than normal healthy women.

"As such there can be patients who have been turned away from here, but this has no relation to the royal birth", says Morten Hedegaard.
(»Der kan således være patienter, der er blevet afvist her, men dette har ingen relation til den kongelige fødsel«, siger Morten Hedegaard.)

In other words the nine delivery rooms mentioned, were those Mary was designated to give birth in. But she can only give birth in one place at a time. So when they day comes she will be wheeled into the available room among the nine selected.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2010.
Frederik med på fødselsholdet - Frederik part of the delivery team.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

When the day comes and Mary feels it's time, she and Frederik will drive from Amalienborg to Rigshospitalet, five minuttes away.

There they will drive into the basement at Panum Institute, across the street from the hospital. From here they will go or rather drive along a long corridor to the basement of Rigshospitalet. And finally go be elevator up to the maternity ward.

Here the maternity team will be waiting for them. The head of the ward, Morten Hedegaard, already lives at an apartment at the hospital, the rest of the team will be alerted and aill arrive as soon as at all possible.

Upon arriving the unborn twins will be checked and Mary will probably be scanned herself.

As this is a twin birth, Mary will this time be committed to the delivery ward, which is where the most advanced equipment is housed. Here preparations are made to put Mary under anaesthesia, should that be needed. The vast majority of twin births in DK are done by C-section.

In case Mary gives birth without the need of a C-section, Frederik has a designated role this time. He will no longer mainly offer support. When the first twin is out and has undergone the intial check-up, the child will be placed in his arms and he will be responsible for the child, while the midwife concentrate on the next twin. He will also cut the umbillical cord of at least the first one.

In case of a C-section, Frederik will have a more passive role.

When the birth is over, Mary, Frederik and the children will be wheeled to Pink Room at the maternity ward. They have stayed at this room during the previous births. Here they will be left alone for a few hours, before the first visitors will arrive.

Mary is expected to stay at Rigshospitalet for four to seven days. (Which is quite normal for women who has given birth to twins).
Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Wow such a detailed article, thank Muhler.
Is it called the pink room because it is pink or for some other reason?
I really cant wait for the twins to be born, hope all goes well for Mary.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, Mary looks wonderful , as always.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Yes, Muhler thank you for elaborating on this.

Unfortunately, a lot of people won't take the time (not just this board) to read this...they will continue under the assumption that Mary is kicking new moms out of the hospital. Not literally but you know what I mean.

People are going to believe what they want to believe.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Especially if they do not like Mary to begin with. They will always believe the negative.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let's not pretend that Mary is just another woman giving birth. With necessary security for her, Fredrik and possible visiting Queen it would be very irresponsible of the hospital and her own security detail to not have the entire event of the birth and her stay there worked out. She will not just be wheeled in the next available room.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
Especially if they do not like Mary to begin with. They will always believe the negative.
I can't understand how could not like Mary:she is not arrogant,elegant,beautiful with grace and especially now when she is mother and expecting her twins!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Courtier

I am so looking forward to the twins being born.
I think a boy and a girl would be lovely however as long as they are healthy that is the most important thing. Mary has looked wonderful during the pregnancy.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Majesty

You are welcome Zonk & Dazzling

Well, I guess it's Pink Room because the walls are painted pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Let's not pretend that Mary is just another woman giving birth. With necessary security for her, Fredrik and possible visiting Queen it would be very irresponsible of the hospital and her own security detail to not have the entire event of the birth and her stay there worked out. She will not just be wheeled in the next available room.
Exactly. It seems logic to me that a number of specific rooms have been preselected as alternatives for Mary to give birth, because they are the easiest to secure, while at the same time interfering as little as possible with the daily running of the wards.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome Zonk & Dazzling

Well, I guess it's Pink Room because the walls are painted pink?.
I believe you are right. I had my first child at Rigshospitalet 25 years ago and at that time there were two new 'homely' birth rooms as far as I recall, a pink and a blue. They were supposed to be used for uncomplicated births and have a more homely appearance - I suppose all the equipment were more hidden. They were rather coveted, and I didn't personally get to use the pink or the blue room.
Other hospitals followed suit, and had yellow, blue and pink rooms - to avoid the hospital look as far as possible (I made it to an abricot coloured room for a second birth.)
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Don't know where I should ask, so I am asking here. Please move, if should be somewhere else.
How long is the ususal maternity leave for the Princess?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Don't know where I should ask, so I am asking here. Please move, if should be somewhere else.
How long is the ususal maternity leave for the Princess?
As far as I remember, she and Frederik had an official trip to Germany when Christian was quite small and they brought him with them. And when he was only about 2 months or perhaps younger, she attended a long conference connected to one of her patronages at a hotel in Copenhagen. Christian was at one of the hotel rooms and she slipped in and out to feed him.
They brought Isabella with them on a visit to NY when she was quite small as well. Now that it is twins, and with a total of 4 small children, I guess it all depends on how smoothly things run at home.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
As far as I remember, she and Frederik had an official trip to Germany when Christian was quite small and they brought him with them. And when he was only about 2 months or perhaps younger, she attended a long conference connected to one of her patronages at a hotel in Copenhagen. Christian was at one of the hotel rooms and she slipped in and out to feed him.
They brought Isabella with them on a visit to NY when she was quite small as well. Now that it is twins, and with a total of 4 small children, I guess it all depends on how smoothly things run at home.
I would be surprised if Mary did many trips away for some time after the babies are born.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I dont think Mary did much traveling when Isabella & Christian were quite young, she might of has 2-3 trips. If she does need to travel I don't see a problem why she cant take the twins with her just like how she took Bella & Christian.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Majesty

The rumours regarding Mary's pregnancy are increasing.

Mary tæt på fødsel - Royale - BT.dk
The tabloid BT refer to sources who state that Mary will give birth around 20th December. Repeat 20th December. The court will not comment.
- However, in the same article it is also stated very clearly that twin births are often started two weeks prior to schedule, and as Mary was scheduled to give birth some time in January....
Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I can't understand how could not like Mary:she is not arrogant,elegant,beautiful with grace and especially now when she is mother and expecting her twins!
I don't hate Mary, but what I can't understand is how some people gush over her. Yes, she is elegant and graceful (which I equate to her wardrobe, stylists, and training), but those things came after she became engaged.

She is not ugly, but I would hardly call her beautiful. She and her team put her together well most of the time, but her physical features (if one looks at her with an objective eye) include a rather pointy nose and chin and sometimes beady eyes giving her the appearance of a mouse or rat. I would call her pretty but nothing special.

As far as arrogance, none of us can know other than what we see...but IMHO, she is one of the least approachable of the princesses. Even Mabel (who I don't really care for at all) is more approachable than Mary.

Back to the topic at hand, scheduling of births is like any planned event. Not every little thing can go accordingly and everyone involved is used to improvising. Those who are "criticising" Mary for "blocking nine rooms" seem to think that 20-25 women are going to all go into labor at the same time, have the same about of time in labor, all have their water break at the same time, and all deliver at the same rate of speed, and will all be told to go elsewhere because the crown princess is delivering two more children beyond the heir and a spare....something HIGHLY unlikely to happen.

If there are emergency deliveries, more than likely that would be handled in an emergency facility. Most deliveries nowadays are SCHEDULED...meaning they can induce labor or prolong it with drugs. And on the outside chance that all the manipulations of scheduling and births results in nature taking its course at the same time as Mary, it is unlikely to interfere as a "Mary team" has already probably been designated who would not be the most prominent/important member of any other birthing team. So the critics need to lay off and recognize that most of the other couples giving birth are unlikely to even care about Mary being there, and when and if they do realize it will have a nice story to tell their own child someday.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I don't hate Mary, but what I can't understand is how some people gush over her. Yes, she is elegant and graceful (which I equate to her wardrobe, stylists, and training), but those things came after she became engaged.

She is not ugly, but I would hardly call her beautiful. She and her team put her together well most of the time, but her physical features (if one looks at her with an objective eye) include a rather pointy nose and chin and sometimes beady eyes giving her the appearance of a mouse or rat. I would call her pretty but nothing special.

As far as arrogance, none of us can know other than what we see...but IMHO, she is one of the least approachable of the princesses. Even Mabel (who I don't really care for at all) is more approachable than Mary.
98% of the CPS look much better after their engagement. That would include the beloved Diana. That shouldn't be a negative towards Mary. She's very attractive and almost always dresses like the CP she is.

I would be surprised if she took many trips after the twins arrive. Having two newborns is quite a bit different than one. Still, she seemed to bounce back quickly from C and I, so it's possible she will surprise us.

Closed Thread