Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Mary responded that her job that day wasn't her last appearance and added: "There are still many things I have to do. We also have to move soon. but fortunately I'm really well. I'm healthy and well and the children are thriving. But you are probably right that you are going to see a little less of me in the future. That I can safely say".
I agree that after Mary has the twins and towards her due date she will be less active. How long is her maternity leave?

Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

The couple's website has been updated with their forthcoming activites; Mary is listed to attend an event on 23rd November at Fredensborg.
On 27th Frederik will attend a concert in Odense ('Voices from Vollsmose'). Mary has had a number of visits to Vollsmose, so if she hadn't been at this advanced stage of her pregnancy, I believe she would have been attending as well.

Prince Christian is also listed for an event together with his Grand Papa next Wednesday, 17th November, at Rosenborg Castle

Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Agree, I don't think we will see Mary move very far from Copenhagen (or rather Rigshospitalet) from late November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
The couple's website has been updated with their forthcoming activites; Mary is listed to attend an event on 23rd November at Fredensborg.
On 27th Frederik will attend a concert in Odense ('Voices from Vollsmose'). Mary has had a number of visits to Vollsmose, so if she hadn't been at this advanced stage of her pregnancy, I believe she would have been attending as well.

Prince Christian is also listed for an event together with his Grand Papa next Wednesday, 17th November, at Rosenborg Castle
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I agree that after Mary has the twins and towards her due date she will be less active. How long is her maternity leave?
IIRC it has been 3-6 month with Isabella and Christian?
Old 11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Agree, I don't think we will see Mary move very far from Copenhagen (or rather Rigshospitalet) from late November.
I cannot wait for this event. The PC is so good with his grandchildren this will be very special for both of them. Who better than farfar to show him the ropes so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
IIRC it has been 3-6 month with Isabella and Christian?
Just from lack of sleep with two of them it should be at least this long if not longer. lol
Old 11-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Majesty

Sometimes I wonder where the journalists put their heads.

Here is an article from BT quoting the gossip magazine Her & Nu: Mary får det halve Riget - Royale - BT.dk

Okay, altogether nine rooms are reserved for Mary at Rigshospitalet at the maternity ward. And she will not be released very shortly after giving birth, but is allowed to stay as long as she wish.

Oh gasp, that is so unfair!

Nine rooms on two wards are on stand-by depending on how Mary's birth is progressing and whether there are complications. Mary will not require nine rooms altogether once she is there.

And the purpose of Rigshospitalet is to deal with complicated births or relieving other hospitals. So if Rigshospitalet would suddenly have to deal with a number of complicated births, then women with uncomplicated pregnancies will be redirected to other hospitals. That's the deal.

Mere mortals can also stay on the hospital, if they need to, they are just encouraged to get home and start a normal life as soon as possible. Giving birth is not an illness.

So, Sisse-Sejr-Nørgaard, that's an ommer.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

How far along is she?
She's huge:)
Old 11-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

6 or 7 months?
It is strange how she goes from not showing to showing hugely.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks LQueen...it is strange. The other day I saw her she was barely showing now all of a sudden it just popped out:) I must say she looks great for a woman carrying twins.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:32 AM
Nobility

Maybe the twins move into more easily seen positions sometimes. I have a feeling these little ones might appear before Christmas, don't know why.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Majesty

The other day I cracked the whip over a journalist on BT who didn't do her job well enough in regards to an article about Mary giving birth. (See post further down).

Today both DR1 and BT is quoting the newsagency Ritzau where someone did the right thing and simply called Rigshospitalet to get the correct details: Mary kender sine fødselslæger - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Mary's usual maternity-team will be responsible for the delivery. The maternity ward at Rigshospitalet is divided into two sections. The maternity ward itself, where uncomplicated deliveries take place and where the women who has given birth stay for a while.
And the delivery ward where more complicated or potentially complicated deliveries takes place.
As this is a twin birth, Mary will give birth at the specilised delivery ward. Then she will be wheeled into the maternity ward, where she will stay for a few days, like all other women who has given birth to twins.

Altogether 470 women are scheduled to give birth at Rigshospitalet in January, plus those complicated cases that are brought in from other hospitals. None of those who are scheduled to give birth at Rigshospitalet will be moved to other hospitals.

So Mary is not pushing anyone away.

- That nine rooms are reserved for Mary does not mean that she will use all nine rooms and certainly not at the same time.
Which the BT journalist could have figured out had she bothered to check before uncritically uploading an article.

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder where the journalists put their heads.

Here is an article from BT quoting the gossip magazine Her & Nu: Mary får det halve Riget - Royale - BT.dk
Old 11-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Aristocracy

It's become increasingly common for women to be concern about weight gain during pregnancy in the past ten years or so. Women controlling their diets to gain as little unnecessary weight is a real occurrence, and some women can take it too far unintentional. The same for dropping the weight right after giving birth. How many times after a actress or model pregnancy weight and post birth weight been the subject of gossip and tabloid news? It falsely promotes the idea that a women should gain little weight as possible and lose it as quickly as possible. Now while shes not a model or actress whose career is focused on their looks, but she is public figure and there for under pressure. She is not a naturally thin person, just look at the photos from before she became princess, that was her natural weight. I'm not saying she was overweight before, she was perfectly healthy before, but she has undeniable and intentionally lost weight that she should would not have if she didn't become a princess. So you can't completely rule out the idea that she is indeed being careful about her weight gain. And just to be clear, I am not saying she obsessed over her weight or that she would dare put her children lives at risk (I would never say that about anyone), but you can't denial that her looks (and weigh) are important to her.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Aristocracy

Mary always looks fantastic with the bit of extra weight that goes with pregnancy. I do think that when she is not pregnant she diets so that clothes look fabulous on her (sorry, but clothes DO look better on very thin women, they hang well). She is definitely not naturally thin - you only have to look at her pre-Fred photos to know that she ranged from a bit plump to quite plump. I think that as she gets older and less sought by the cameras, she will relax confidently into more of a mature, plumper "mom" look. After all, she is fast approaching "40-year-old mother of four" status!

Then perhaps the paparazzi will acknowledge the actual work that she does besides her role promoting Danish fashion and products - rather than how she looks.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:30 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, Mary definitely slimmed down before her marriage (most of us probably would if we were surrounded by photografers..) - but why do we assume that the weight you have in your 20s is a person's 'natural weight'? If a person slims down in his or her 30s and keeps that weight - may that not be the real natural weight then?
I have a sister and some friends who were definitely heavier in their 20s and then gradually lost weight around 30. They are still slim in their 40s so I would not say that their heavier figures in their 20s must be their natural weight.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
perhaps the paparazzi will acknowledge the actual work that she does besides her role promoting Danish fashion and products - rather than how she looks
I disagree. Mary is thin, but not the sort of skinny woman like Letizia for example. She has well developped muscles from head to toe, and that is common to women who have had years of sports practising- no diet in the world can't give her that flat stomach with great abs especially after giving birth to Isabella and Christian.

Of course being a crown princess may help. But instead of thinking that Mary spends her time dieting, one should recognize that some people are sportier than others, that years of practising give you a healthy and toned body, and one day you might be plumpier, and thinner another one, but it will always be easier for you than for others to get rid of some extra weight whenever you want to.

Personally, I'm a dancer and I recognize somebody who keeps a strict body discipline at a first glance. Just look at how Kate Middleton is build, she must have been a very sporty girl as well, no doubt about that. And I don't know much about the other princesses, but I read that Mary is very sporty: captain of hockey, swimming, horse jumping, basketball etc. from a very early age to her years at University, and an avid runner until now.
Really, only people who don't realize what it takes blame it on the dieting. There is a difference between looking slim, thin or whatever, and having a healthy and toned body that Mary has. Of course she works for that. But not because of the need to promote the danish fashion! She has always been working her body, so let her enjoy her reward!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelle View Post
I disagree. Mary is thin, but not the sort of skinny woman like Letizia for example.
Very much agree. There is no comparison between Mary, who is slender and healthy looking, and Letizia, who looks frail much of the time.

Mary looks wonderful during this pregnancy just as she did the previous two. A woman has to gain enough weight during this time for the babies' growth and health. Mary doesn't look "skinny" to me at all right now. I doubt she's dieting
Old 11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

Are there any new pictures?

Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Daphoenyx, the newest pics were taken yesterday, you can find them here:

** Frederik and Mary’s Current Events Part 12: November 2008 - **

For other pics please take a look through the current events/patronages/news threads!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Mary looks wonderful during this pregnancy just as she did the previous two. A woman has to gain enough weight during this time for the babies' growth and health. Mary doesn't look "skinny" to me at all right now. I doubt she's dieting
Agree, Mary isn`t skinny, she just keeps her fit figure plus has a growing belly. Pregnant women don`t have to become huge - it`s completely untrue that they should eat for two (or in Mary`s case for three). They eat for themselves, let`s say a 60 kg adult body, and a tiny 3 kg baby. Mary portrays a fit pregnant woman and I like it.

She`s looking great. It`s said that a woman who looks great during pregnancy is carrying a boy. If it`s true, then we might wait to see little princes But who knows... little princess would be so great
Old 11-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

A doctor told me, that it is normal for a woman pregnant with twins, that she gains around 15,9 - 20,4Kilo. During the first semester she might even loose some weight. In the last trimester a woman needs around 400 kalories more a day than during times when she is not pregnant. So definetly no need to eat for two or three.

The mother gains weight because of Uterus, growing breast, blood, water and fat.
The baby gains as fetus, placenta, amniotic fluid.

Closed Thread