The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Aren't you supposed to eat for two when pregnant, or three in this case.
I just think Mary is ever so lucky with her body, we know that she doesn't look pregnant even at 6 months.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Aren't you supposed to eat for two when pregnant, or three in this case.
I just think Mary is ever so lucky with her body, we know that she doesn't look pregnant even at 6 months.

No, you should eat normally, not more and not less. Contrary to popular belief,
pregnant women should not eat for two. A constant surplus of food can even
harm the baby, the hormone sensors in the brain get wrong-calibrated then.
The unborn baby then pours out large amounts of insulin and accepts the
abundance as normal, with consequences, the risk of complications in later
life, overweight, high blood pressure and so on..

Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the info iceflower, i'd always thought it was eat for two.
Well then Mary looks perfect for being pregnant with twins.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

I think too that Mary is just lucky woman who can stay thin and little during pregnancies. But at the same time I'm sure that she watch for what she eats be cause there are no reasons to eat unhealthy and fat food:-)

Old 11-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

"[Maura] I personally think it's possible she could be dieting, or just eating very carefully in order to gain as little as possible, for various reasons. She does seem unnaturally thin to me"

If she is eating carefully she is just following official advice for pregnant women. I don't understand why she is seen as 'unnaturally thin' ?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Thank you for the info iceflower, i'd always thought it was eat for two.
Well then Mary looks perfect for being pregnant with twins.

You're most welcome As it's so popular I can even imagine that pregnant women
will still get that same (of course well-intended, but wrong) advice in 10-20 years
from now..
Old 11-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Is it just me or has Mary's face become a little more full?

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsese Mary besøger Dansk Flygtningehjælps netværk Lærdansk

This pic is from Wednesday.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Courtier

Getting anxious...not long to go now...I just want these bubs to be born - I know I have to be patient with these things especially since twin pregnancies/birth have a increased risks of complications and early births/low birth weights - but I am bursting with suspense...I am almost ready to tear my hair out...I feel like we've been waiting for about 3 years now, ever since Isabella was born...and know it is just this last hurdle of about 8 weeks+ to get over before we can find out what is in there?
Old 11-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Nobility

Hang in there, Anotherthing! Christmas will distract us a bit and then the wait will hopefully be short.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Why is it so that Christian & Isabella both seemed to came so quickly and now these 2 little ones seem to be in the belly forever?:-)

Or is my patience so short because this is Mary's third and so long waited pregnancy and there are 2 babyes coming....

There are only few months left and I really must train my patience more!:-D

Old 11-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

I know what you mean Agnessa and feel the same way - so impatient
I suppose that it wouldn't be totally unexpected if the twins arrive in say 5 or 6 weeks' time from now?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Is it just me or has Mary's face become a little more full?

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsese Mary besøger Dansk Flygtningehjælps netværk Lærdansk

This pic is from Wednesday.
It's not just you. I noticed that as well.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy

She looks fuller indeed. But still she isn't that "full", that leads me to think that she is having boys. French people think that a woman carries her pregnancy depending on the gender of the babies. You only have a belly bump, and a bit "pointy" one if you carry a boy, and you would be rather full everywhere if it's a girl. Quite reliable don't you think?
Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Aristocracy

very reliable, indeed! Along the same lines, I think Mary will give birth to either two boys or two girls....or one of each
Old 11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Courtier

All options are good...if they have two boys, Isabella is the only girl and she will work it ....if they have two girls, Christian will be protective big brother to three little princesses (literally!)...and if they have one of each, the family will be balanced and perfect and cheesy and just what I expect of Mary and her charmed life and the fairytale will be complete :)
Old 11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

That would be wonderful for her to have one of each. Then it would be equal. On the other hand it would be sweet for Christian to be big protective brother to a bunch of little sisters.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Courtier

I have the feeling it will be one boy and one girl . But identical twins would be so cute too.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

After having read that the Belgian twin princes Nicholas and Aymeric just turned five I spontaneously wished for two princesses - what a nice topic for speculation about a Royal double twin wedding one day...
Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I do believe when people say that if its a pointy belly than its a boy & round its a girl because I have seen it with friends but I don't know if I would apply that to someone pregnant with twins, I guess it would be difficult to really tell.
I wish for a boy & a girl but I can imagine the same sex twins.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Majesty

Well, as you may know Mary said this Monday in Boserup forest that she was going to be a mother of twins this year.

The Billed Bladet journalist Anne Johannsen has a few more details, which as they are bsically about Mary's pregnancy, I decided to put here.

Anne Johannesen asked whether it wasn't time to easy down on her workload.
Mary responded that her job that day wasn't her last appearance and added: "There are still many things I have to do. We also have to move soon. but fortunately I'm really well. I'm healthy and well and the children are thriving. But you are probably right that you are going to see a little less of me in the future. That I can safely say".

Link to the updated coverage of what she was doing that monday: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1157735

Closed Thread