Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how they struggle with the 2 kids they current have?

From what I have seen with Christian and Isabella sometimes they are well behaved and sometimes they are not. Just like other kids their age.

Some people think that they can't control Christian and Isabella.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fantastic news! I was pretty sure she was pregnant but I did not expect twins!!!
It's going to be such a beautiful family! It's a huge change for them! they're 4 now and in january they'll be 6!!

Congrats!!!

Twins?, Fabulous news!!!!!. Double congratulations and celebrations to the family!

Please stay on topic, this is not a place to discuss pregnancies in other royal houses!

Great news!
All the best to Mary and her two in her bump:flowers:
Btw with twins it's normal the they are birth earlier so maybe not in January but in December?

Some people think that they can't control Christian and Isabella.
I think that they are just normal children that do normal children things, in sometime not so normal events [media, cameras, public staring, etc.] Parents seem to be hands-on and correct when necessary, even in public. As it should be. All children act-up at one time or another and every parent has had to correct their child's behavior at that immediate time [if they are good parents]. Actually I think that Mary and Fred are doing a good job.

Congratulations to the Crownprincefamily! Wow twins!!!! :flowers:

Double trouble, and twice the fun!

So exciting!! I'm really pleased for them and the whole DRF. She can hide those babies better than anybody -- and twins no less! Congratulations!!!

Well seeing as she is having twins, I think we'll see a baby bump earlier than 5 months this time. :flowers:
Speculation has only started since the photoshoot, she does hide it well.

Funny, my first thougt when i read "twins" was artificial insemination. That's because here in Portugal there's a lot of twins pregnancies on women whice use that kind of treatment, specially women up 35.

I´m not saying that´s the case of the crown prince couple. Like i said it was just a thougt.

I wonder how this will affect Mary's duties as CP. Did she have fairly easy pregnancies with Christian and Isabella?

:ohmy:I thought it was about time if they were going to have another child, but TWINS?! WOW! When was the last time a ruling royal family had twins?
If they went the route of Invetro fertilization, well then okay. But sometimes a pregnancy of multiple babies can be riskier and the mom ends up on bedrest and/or delivers the babies early. I'd take the bedrest over the preterm babies.

Double trouble, and twice the fun!

Very well said, you've put a big smile into my face with that, Laurentienne :flowers:

Actually I can't remember any other royal family of a reigning house with
such a double joy (only Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, the Duke of Anjou and
his wife) - that's really wonderful news! And how exiting for Isabella and
Christian!

:ohmy:I thought it was about time if they were going to have another child, but TWINS?! WOW! When was the last time a ruling royal family had twins?
If they went the route of Invetro fertilization, well then okay. But sometimes a pregnancy of multiple babies can be riskier and the mom ends up on bedrest and/or delivers the babies early. I'd take the bedrest over the preterm babies.

Very well said, you've put a big smile into my face with that, Laurentienne :flowers:

Actually I can't remember any other royal family of a reigning house with
such a double joy (only Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, the Duke of Anjou and
his wife) - that's really wonderful news! And how exiting for Isabella and
Christian!

Princess Claire of Belgium had twins in 2005, Aymeric and Nicolas.

Curtesy of a friend: http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-32706964:...tronfølgen.html

It is the first time, since absolutism was introduced in Denmark in 1660 that twins have been born into the (direct) line of succession.

Before then an heir had to be aknowledged. In theory anyone up until the introduction of Absolutism could be elected king or heir.
In reality it was a little more complicated than that. There were of course political considerations and the king was elected from a few families, who through intermarriage throughout the centuries basically belonged to the same family line. Which is of course why there is a direct line from the King Gorm the Old in the 900's up to the present Queen Margrethe.
One of the first things a king did when he had a son was to ensure that he was aknowleged as the heir, thus securing the succession and avoid civil war or bids for the throne from abroad.
That was a very serious issue for the first 500 years of Danish history. And there were quite a few rebellions, civil wars and assassinations - all basically within the same extended family.
The civil war in the 1530's, called: Grevens Fejde = The feud of the count, where the Reformation was introduced almost as an afterthought was a sobering experience.
But things didn't move that fast back then. By then the civil administration had become too large and too complex to move around with the king. The king was constantly on the move, taking care of all sorts of issue during his travels through his reign.
By 1600 or so, Copenhagen had become the de facto capital of Denmark with the central administration permanently based there.
And with the introduction of Absolutism in 1660 it was time to change the sometimes dangerous practise of aknowledging the heir. Now the oldest survivings son of the king automatically became the heir.
The interesting thing is that Frederik III, who introduced Absolutism in Denmark actually preferred a kind of Parliamentarisme along similar lines as the English system. The ruling elite back then was pretty well informed and the pro and cons of Absolutism was very much debated. It wasn't all about power.
Frederik III, knew perfectly well that his powerbase, like that of his predecessors, was townspeople and peasants, not the nobillity.
But Denmark wasn't ready for Parliamentarisme, so Absolutism was introduced. And after a number of serious issues during the next 50 years, it resulted in a system were the power was in the hands of civil servants. That had some disadvantages but Denmark was nevertheless at peace and prospered from 1720 until 1801, actually 1807.

An absolutely fascinating subject! I could write entire articles about this, but I'll stop boring you with more. :p

Does Claire of Belgium not count? Didn't she have twin sons ...Nicholas and Aymeric? I am positive I am spelling their names wrong.

How exciting and surprising! Twins for CP Frederik and CP Mary!

Congrats to the whole Danish royal family!

Oh dear, Lumutqueen and Zonk, I've totally forgotten Claire's twins,
sorry for that! :)

I do hope for one boy and one girl or 2 girls!

Wow, I wasn't expecting this news. I didn't even believe the speculation that she was pregnant. Congrats to Mary and Frederik, though! How exciting for Denmark.

Wow, I am shocked. Really nice for the couple and their 2 children. Do they have twins in the family? I did not see anything on the pics, except for a more puffy face than usual.

Wow!! Twins I never imagined such a good news!

Bwt, does someone know if Mary or Frederik have any twins in their respective families?

That is so amazing :) I can't wait, when I heard it I was like "yeah! TWIIIIIIINS!"
Congrats to CP Frederik, CP Mary & of course to Christian & Isabella :D

It's wonderful news! I can't wait for January 2011 to come. Congratulations to the whole family!

Curtesy of a friend: http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-32706964:...tronfølgen.html

It is the first time, since absolutism was introduced in Denmark in 1660 that twins have been born into the (direct) line of succession.

Before then an heir had to be aknowledged. In theory anyone up until the introduction of Absolutism could be elected king or heir.
In reality it was a little more complicated than that. There were of course political considerations and the king was elected from a few families, who through intermarriage throughout the centuries basically belonged to the same family line. Which is of course why there is a direct line from the King Gorm the Old in the 900's up to the present Queen Margrethe.
One of the first things a king did when he had a son was to ensure that he was aknowleged as the heir, thus securing the succession and avoid civil war or bids for the throne from abroad.
That was a very serious issue for the first 500 years of Danish history. And there were quite a few rebellions, civil wars and assassinations - all basically within the same extended family.
The civil war in the 1530's, called: Grevens Fejde = The feud of the count, where the Reformation was introduced almost as an afterthought was a sobering experience.
But things didn't move that fast back then. By then the civil administration had become too large and too complex to move around with the king. The king was constantly on the move, taking care of all sorts of issue during his travels through his reign.
By 1600 or so, Copenhagen had become the de facto capital of Denmark with the central administration permanently based there.
And with the introduction of Absolutism in 1660 it was time to change the sometimes dangerous practise of aknowledging the heir. Now the oldest survivings son of the king automatically became the heir.
The interesting thing is that Frederik III, who introduced Absolutism in Denmark actually preferred a kind of Parliamentarisme along similar lines as the English system. The ruling elite back then was pretty well informed and the pro and cons of Absolutism was very much debated. It wasn't all about power.
Frederik III, knew perfectly well that his powerbase, like that of his predecessors, was townspeople and peasants, not the nobillity.
But Denmark wasn't ready for Parliamentarisme, so Absolutism was introduced. And after a number of serious issues during the next 50 years, it resulted in a system were the power was in the hands of civil servants. That had some disadvantages but Denmark was nevertheless at peace and prospered from 1720 until 1801, actually 1807.

An absolutely fascinating subject! I could write entire articles about this, but I'll stop boring you with more. :p

Wow!! Twins I never imagined such a good news!

Bwt, does someone know if Mary or Frederik have any twins in their respective families?

Muhler posted some info about twins in the DRF, don't know about Mary.

I am nothing short of overjoyed for them. What truly wonderful news :rose:

Dare I say I think these two little ones will be their last pregnancy.

Twins is a shocker ... but congratulations to Mary, Fred, Christian and Isabella.

Congratulations and best wishes to Crown Princely family!
I am not too surprised to learn that Crown Princess Mary is expecting twins. Even if there are no twins on both sides of the family, it is possible for a woman to have twins. They can be fratenal.

What a great news! :daneflag2:
I am really happy for the couple! I was sure they had more kids as CP Mary grew up in a big family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom