Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The official announcement for Prince Christian said "by the end of October", he was born on October 15.
The official announcement for Isabella said she was due about the first week of May. She arrived within 10 days of that (2 weeks either side of the due date is considered to be right on time in obstetrics).

In fact, Frederik and Mary have not manipulated the information about their older children's due dates by months, as many other royal couples have done.

The announcement about the twins said "some time in January."
For some reason people immediately reinterpret this to mean another time.

My guess is that the twins are due at the end of January, and will arrive some time in January.
I also think the fact that twins are usually early was factored into the official announcement.

I anticipate that Crown Princess Mary will attend the events of the New Year's Court if all is well.
Women who start maternity leave are not under house arrest, after all. ;)

I second that, great post!

The health of the future Queen and potential heirs to the throne are at stake.

I get the impression that the intense pressure on Mary means that she keeps dieting during pregnancy and stays unnaturally thin, which is at least as much of a health risk I'm afraid. Mary's not a naturally thin person, you can tell from her "bonny" early photos. I think that's a real indictment of the Danish press - even though they are supposedly kind to her. In this paparazzi age, not many of us would be prepared to get fat and less attractive under the glare of flashbulbs, and while Mary looks sweet and natural in casual clothes no matter what her weight, her job means she has to dress up, which in Mary's case seems to require a svelte figure for her to look fabulous.

Unnaturally thin during pregnancy? If that was indeed the case, then both Christian and Isabella would have been born with serious health problems! The fact is that both Christian and Isabella were healthy newborns, almost the same birth weights of Leonor and Sofia whose mother, Princess Letizia had a much bigger baby bump than Mary.
All women do not have huge baby bumps during pregnancy and Mary appears to be one of those women. And the fact that CP Mary has maintained her official duties during her twin pregnancy is testimony to the excellent health she is obviously in IMHO!

Terri Terri thanks for your reply! The sorts of issues that arise from expectant mothers dieting surface later in life, so we wouldn't observe anything from the earlier pregnancies. Sorry, i stand by my assertion that Mary feels under some kind of pressure to stay thin and look fabulous, and the press are largely to blame ...

The health of the future Queen and potential heirs to the throne are at stake.

I wasn't really refering to Mary's dieting or weight loss/gain during pregnancy. I was refering more to more common pregnancy related problems - one or more babies being breech, pre-eclampsia, placenta abruption, preterm delivery, etc. And most OB docs don't advise traveling in the last month or two of a pregnancy.

Terri Terri thanks for your reply! The sorts of issues that arise from expectant mothers dieting surface later in life, so we wouldn't observe anything from the earlier pregnancies. Sorry, i stand by my assertion that Mary feels under some kind of pressure to stay thin and look fabulous, and the press are largely to blame ...

I don't believe that she is dieting during pregnancy. She may adhere to the official pregnancy advice in Denmark which is to be conscious of what you are eating - meaning don't binge on fatty foods you'll regret it afterwards and it does nothing for your unborn child. I think public opinion here does not expect a pregnant princess to stay unnatural thin.
The fact is that different women carry their pregnancies differently. Some of us get big as a house while others carry their pregnancies more hidden for some reason depending on the way we are built. Mary carries her more hidden than some. But she shows signs other places; with Isabella she became noticably fuller in the face.

I agree UserDane :rose:

I think also, with each pregnancy, a mothers body adapts to the process of bearing a child differenty.

I don't just think it's the press...she is the patron of a number of health organisations, heart disease, childhood obesity, etc...So maybe it is pressure to be a good role model, you can't tell people that obesity is bad for your health and have people believe it, if you are overweight yourself....I also think it is a budgetary consideration, stay thin so you can fit into and recycle your expensive, good quality clothes...Of course, she does by new stuff all the time, but she also wears alot of her old stuff and it never ceases to amaze me that she can still do it..

I think its unfair to say Mary might be dieting or so during pergnancy, a few people who will read this in the future who might be pregnant will think she actually is and they will follow. Some women tend to put on some more weight than others but that doesnt mean who dont put on much weight that they are dieting. Actually many Dr's do tell you it is healthy to gain a certain amount of weight but if you gain more its not that bad as you sometimes can not control it.

I personally think it's possible she could be dieting, or just eating very carefully in order to gain as little as possible, for various reasons. She does seem unnaturally thin to me, and she didn't seem that way with her other two children. However, I don't think it's possible to say so with certainty, because it's equally possible that her lesser weight this time is just due to random changes in her body.

Aren't you supposed to eat for two when pregnant, or three in this case.
I just think Mary is ever so lucky with her body, we know that she doesn't look pregnant even at 6 months.

Aren't you supposed to eat for two when pregnant, or three in this case.
I just think Mary is ever so lucky with her body, we know that she doesn't look pregnant even at 6 months.

No, you should eat normally, not more and not less. Contrary to popular belief,
pregnant women should not eat for two. A constant surplus of food can even
harm the baby, the hormone sensors in the brain get wrong-calibrated then.
The unborn baby then pours out large amounts of insulin and accepts the
abundance as normal, with consequences, the risk of complications in later
life, overweight, high blood pressure and so on..

Thank you for the info iceflower, i'd always thought it was eat for two.
Well then Mary looks perfect for being pregnant with twins.

I think too that Mary is just lucky woman who can stay thin and little during pregnancies. But at the same time I'm sure that she watch for what she eats be cause there are no reasons to eat unhealthy and fat food:)

"[Maura] I personally think it's possible she could be dieting, or just eating very carefully in order to gain as little as possible, for various reasons. She does seem unnaturally thin to me"

If she is eating carefully she is just following official advice for pregnant women. I don't understand why she is seen as 'unnaturally thin' ?

Last edited:
Thank you for the info iceflower, i'd always thought it was eat for two.
Well then Mary looks perfect for being pregnant with twins.

You're most welcome :flowers: As it's so popular I can even imagine that pregnant women
will still get that same (of course well-intended, but wrong) advice in 10-20 years
from now..;)

Getting anxious...not long to go now...I just want these bubs to be born - I know I have to be patient with these things especially since twin pregnancies/birth have a increased risks of complications and early births/low birth weights - but I am bursting with suspense...I am almost ready to tear my hair out...I feel like we've been waiting for about 3 years now, ever since Isabella was born...and know it is just this last hurdle of about 8 weeks+ to get over before we can find out what is in there?

Hang in there, Anotherthing! Christmas will distract us a bit and then the wait will hopefully be short.

Why is it so that Christian & Isabella both seemed to came so quickly and now these 2 little ones seem to be in the belly forever?:)

Or is my patience so short because this is Mary's third and so long waited pregnancy and there are 2 babyes coming....

There are only few months left and I really must train my patience more!:-D

I know what you mean Agnessa and feel the same way - so impatient ;)
I suppose that it wouldn't be totally unexpected if the twins arrive in say 5 or 6 weeks' time from now?

She looks fuller indeed. But still she isn't that "full", that leads me to think that she is having boys. French people think that a woman carries her pregnancy depending on the gender of the babies. You only have a belly bump, and a bit "pointy" one if you carry a boy, and you would be rather full everywhere if it's a girl. :lol: Quite reliable don't you think?

:previous: very reliable, indeed! Along the same lines, I think Mary will give birth to either two boys or two girls....or one of each :lol:

All options are good...if they have two boys, Isabella is the only girl and she will work it ;) ....if they have two girls, Christian will be protective big brother to three little princesses (literally!)...and if they have one of each, the family will be balanced and perfect and cheesy and just what I expect of Mary and her charmed life and the fairytale will be complete :)

That would be wonderful for her to have one of each. Then it would be equal. On the other hand it would be sweet for Christian to be big protective brother to a bunch of little sisters.

I have the feeling it will be one boy and one girl :). But identical twins would be so cute too.

After having read that the Belgian twin princes Nicholas and Aymeric just turned five I spontaneously wished for two princesses - what a nice topic for speculation about a Royal double twin wedding one day...

I do believe when people say that if its a pointy belly than its a boy & round its a girl because I have seen it with friends but I don't know if I would apply that to someone pregnant with twins, I guess it would be difficult to really tell.
I wish for a boy & a girl but I can imagine the same sex twins.

Well, as you may know Mary said this Monday in Boserup forest that she was going to be a mother of twins this year.

The Billed Bladet journalist Anne Johannsen has a few more details, which as they are bsically about Mary's pregnancy, I decided to put here.

Anne Johannesen asked whether it wasn't time to easy down on her workload.
Mary responded that her job that day wasn't her last appearance and added: "There are still many things I have to do. We also have to move soon. but fortunately I'm really well. I'm healthy and well and the children are thriving. But you are probably right that you are going to see a little less of me in the future. That I can safely say".

Link to the updated coverage of what she was doing that monday: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rt-19-september-2010-a-28753.html#post1157735

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom