The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 08-09-2010, 05:18 PM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
First twin out will be number four, the second one out will be number five.
Whether they come out the natural way or by the aid of a doctor makes no difference.

There are posibillities for a lot of what-if's here...
Did Denmark change the laws of succession? I thought they still used male primogeniture (or however you say it), so that if both babies were boys, they would be 3rd and 4th in line and push Isabella to 5th. If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!
__________________

__________________
  #282  
Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Emmeram, Germany
Posts: 786
They changed the law last year. So if the first born child is a girl, she is the heir. And in this case, if the first twin is a girl she is No. 4.
__________________

__________________
Without obsession, life is nothing.
John Waters

  #283  
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
windsorgirl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
They changed the law last year. So if the first born child is a girl, she is the heir. And in this case, if the first twin is a girl she is No. 4.
Thank you -- I did not realize that it had all been finalized. Good for Denmark, I say!
__________________
  #284  
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 PM
PrincessAurora's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 64
I thought they changed the law before Prince Christian was born just it case it was a Princess Christina... ??? haha
__________________
  #285  
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,223
As it's been said before this is not a thread to discuss and speculate
about pregnancies and health issues of other royal houses, therefore
some posts have been deleted.

Thanks for your understanding!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #286  
Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.
What "strange thoughts about this pregnancy" are you having?
__________________
  #287  
Old 08-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAurora View Post
I thought they changed the law before Prince Christian was born just it case it was a Princess Christina... ??? haha
Nope the law was altered and confirmed in 2009, but it didn't change the current line of succesion. However the children born in 2011, whichever way the come out will be 4th and 5th.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #288  
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,461
Wow, wow, wow!! What can I say? I´m on holidays, without Internet access, and it has been a long time since my last visit to the forums. And today I was going to see what news we had here (without expecting too much, to be honest, I was thinking that most of the royal families are on holydays too) and I find this! Mary pregnant with twins!!!
this news has made my day
Congratulations for them, Frederick, Mary, Christian and Isabella, what a lovely family they´re going to be soon
I wish Mary an easy pregnancy.
And this would be a clear message for Princess Marie, wouldn´t it?
Come on , Marie!
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
  #289  
Old 08-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Kotroman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: -, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!
That would've been interesting. Few minutes apart, yet #3 and #5.
__________________
  #290  
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
And this would be a clear message for Princess Marie, wouldn´t it?
Come on , Marie!
Why is it a clear message to Mary? Just because the CP is preganant doesn't mean Marie needs to be.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #291  
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Katelle's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 189
I don't think she "needs to be" pregnant, but she lately expressed her wish to have more children as soon as possible.
__________________
  #292  
Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: private, Madagascar
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Did Denmark change the laws of succession? I thought they still used male primogeniture (or however you say it), so that if both babies were boys, they would be 3rd and 4th in line and push Isabella to 5th. If one of each, then Christian #2, Baby Boy #3, Isabella #4, Baby Girl #5. Can somebody clarify this for me? Thanks!
Denmark changed the law of succession. The final stage of the 3-part process was completed in 2009.

Now, no matter what the gender of the children, the order of succession is the same as order of their births.
__________________
  #293  
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,223
All posts about today's event have been moved to the correct thread:

** The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6 (April 2010 - ) **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #294  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenways View Post
I think I know the website you may be writing about, yes they are quite vicious about Mary in particular over there. I believe in free speech and all that but some of the comments are so hateful, as if these people have a personal stake . Not everyone adores Mary, fair enough - but I don't understand why grown people would spend so much time thinking up what they must perceive as 'clever' vitriole to spew. Easy cowboys!! (And they read this site as well, and end up "dishing" on positive posts about Mary.
That's the one! I refuse to name it to give them publicity. It's actually very sad. They despise poor Princess Mary to the point of obsession. They most certainly read this site to ridicule other posters. I don't know how many of the posters are mothers but they should be ashamed of themselves for ridiculing Princess Isabella and Prince Christian. How would they feel if their children were being publicly ridiculed?
I will no longer discuss them or their site because frankly, they are unworthy of continued discussion. I too believe in free speech but slanderous allegations are a completely different matter. I really like the fact that this is a positive, respectful site.
__________________
  #295  
Old 08-11-2010, 05:39 AM
greenways's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 269
Yes, Wren, you are on to it! If people spoke like that about my children, I would feel sick and angry for sure. Shame on them and I too will not mention this site again.
__________________
  #296  
Old 08-11-2010, 01:09 PM
lancchick's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 420
This might be considered a conservative idea, but I really applaud Mary and Frederik for expanding their family beyond 2 children. It's a sociological fact that in countries where women have a higher standard of living, they have less children. The United States total fertility rate is 2.06 and Denmark's is lower at 1.74. You can see the stats here: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2127rank.html

As I'm not Danish, I'm not sure if the Danish people see their royal family as role models. However, I think Mary and Frederik are showing great leadership in saying that more children is a very good thing. I see this in my own society that even with a very comfortable standard of living, couples don't think they can afford more kids because it would reduce their comfort level.

Children are wonderful and I'm so excited to follow Mary's journey in real time. I didn't know she existed until 2008, so this is the first pregnancy I can do that.
__________________
  #297  
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Kotroman's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: -, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 464


If having a large family is good, it's nice to see the Crown Prince and Crown Princess as role models. However, I think that, when it comes to reproduction of each of 7,000,000,000 human beings in the world, less is more. Other creatures should have some space too
__________________
  #298  
Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancchick View Post
This might be considered a conservative idea, but I really applaud Mary and Frederik for expanding their family beyond 2 children. It's a sociological fact that in countries where women have a higher standard of living, they have less children. The United States total fertility rate is 2.06 and Denmark's is lower at 1.74. You can see the stats here: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2127rank.html

As I'm not Danish, I'm not sure if the Danish people see their royal family as role models. However, I think Mary and Frederik are showing great leadership in saying that more children is a very good thing. I see this in my own society that even with a very comfortable standard of living, couples don't think they can afford more kids because it would reduce their comfort level.

Children are wonderful and I'm so excited to follow Mary's journey in real time. I didn't know she existed until 2008, so this is the first pregnancy I can do that.
I love the idea of more children but the reallity it is if you have money to support them it is easy to have more children, in thier case they will have nannies for them plus already the nannies that they have for Isabella and Christian, and all the group of people woking in their household, so that way with money and help it is easier to have more kids. I would love personally to have more kids, I can not get my husband to agree, ust becasue of the money issue!
__________________
Ashelen
  #299  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:21 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,933
While I agree that it is wonderful to see them expand their already adorable family Mary commented yesterday that the pregnancy wasn't planned
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #300  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
lancchick's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
While I agree that it is wonderful to see them expand their already adorable family Mary commented yesterday that the pregnancy wasn't planned
True, but "not planned" does not equal "actively preventing."
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 2: January 2006 - June2008 Elspeth Royal Jewels 195 06-20-2008 06:23 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007 Mandy Current Events Archive 384 10-31-2007 02:37 PM
Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 1: December 2003-January 2006 Alexandria Royal Jewels 166 01-02-2006 09:55 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]