The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Nobility

How special, Mary and Frederik expecting twins, this is wonderful news.
I am so happy for them and the rest of the famiy.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Nobility

wow...........this is amazing!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

twins! that is indeed a surprise. mary doesn't look pregnant at all, although she did look a bit tired during the photoshoot. i guess now after the twins, this will be the end of babies for frederik and mary.
i can't wait to knowing if they are boys or girls and the names they choose!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-08-2010, 03:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I do suspect that Mary's twins will also arrive early. It's a little tough to find enough room for 2 full-term infants in one uterus. Mary and Frederick will probably have an early Christmas present.
You never know! My aunt had identical twin boys and she went full term (maybe even past, I'm not sure)... and this was 28 years ago!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.
I don't understand your reservations.

Frederik and Mary have said right from the start that they would really want a big family. They have not hidden their wish for more children. How can that be interpreted as them thinking that they somehow ought to have more Isabella is just 3 - not as if there is a huge gap between Isabella and baby 4 and 5 - just a natural continuation of their string of children. Frederik was interviewed in Sweden yesterday by EkstraBladet and he keps saying: I have always wanted a big family. It's as simple as that.

I don't agree about it being bad taste that the announcement comes yesterday from the palace spokesman. As several posters have already said the Danish media were on read alert with rumours - the bad form would have been to let it continue this way if anything.
Blame it on queen Margrethe then if someone must be blamed. I am pretty sure she has the last word with regards to announcements concerning the royal family.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
I am very happy for them; but could she not wait until after Countess Ruth's funeral as well as Nathalie's Billed-Bladet article pertaining to her son?

I think that was in bad taste. If she waited this long, she could had waited another week.
Why should she wait?
How many people knew about the funeral taking place? You think she is overshadowing Princess Nathalie? Nathalie has lived her life out of the press, i'm sure she doesn't mind.
She waited this long because she had to, if she announced and lost the babies that would be truely awful for her.

What bad taste?
Someone had to find something bad about this announcement.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Royal Highness

With these two new bundles of joy the royal family may want to consider a balcony extension for the Queen's birthday celebration! It was a tight enough squeeze this year without two more!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why should she wait?
How many people knew about the funeral taking place?
Quite a few. She was a very know lady by the Danish royals & the Norwegian royals who also attended her funeral. Her husband was related to the royals but married a commoner and his title was taken away.

I do understand why some thing the announcement overshadowed the funeral, personally I do think it did & if they waited till Saturday or Monday there wouldn't been any harm.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Did Margrethe attend the funeral? After a funeral surely happy news should be welcomed.
Actually I think this is her, you can only see half of her on the left hand side.
http://c.cdn.belga.be/picture/216262...view/watermark
Old 08-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Royal Highness

The reason might have been that it was difficult to keep 'the secret' any longer. Some of their friends are reportedly 'relieved' that the news came out. It's impossible to keep this kind of news hidden for very long - too many sightings from hospital visits, friends saying so much etc. I understand if the royal house felt that the official announcement should be given.

And I do not believe that 'they' made the decision. If queen Margrethe hadn't made the final decision, I don't believe that the announcement would have been made at kongehuset.dk.

But funeral and announcement of new lives; life and death - it often goes hand in hand. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with the date the announcement came. It's just the way it came about.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

But I haven't seen them at any hospital visits, or friends saying anything.
Speculation only started after the Gratsen shoot IMO, so they could if they wanted to kept it quiet until today or tommorow.
But it's happened now.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Nobility

It would be the Queen that okayed the release of information and if she found it ok why should anyone else have a problem with it, it was her cousin.
I think people like to make mountains out of molehills.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Speculation only started after the Gratsen shoot IMO, so they could if they wanted to kept it quiet until today or tommorow.
But it's happened now.
Yes Queen M attended, So did Queen Sonja, Crown Prince Haakon & Princess Martha-L - see this thread

It was reported that the couple were seen leaving the hospital hand in hand and Mary was wearing flat shoes. Thats the only hospital thing I read.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
It would be the Queen that okayed the release of information and if she found it ok why should anyone else have a problem with it, it was her cousin.
Agree, in the sense that I haven't seen any raised eyebrows here in DK about annoucing the pregnancy and the having a burial at the same time.

It may sound a bit brutal but the Rosenborgs don't take up much space in the news columns anyway, let alone in the minds of people, even if they are a part of the extended DRF.

I don't think there was any symbolic intended in this, but if there should be, I prefer to see it as something positive.
One is dead, new life will be born. The circle of life goes on.

Something similar to when Joachim and Marie were married. The newlyweds walked along graves and that symbolism was intended. Life goes on.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But it's happened now.
I do not agree that they could have kept it quiet any longer.

Marys veninde jubler: Dobbelt lykke - Royale - BT.dk - Helle Reedtz-Thott reportedly 'almost relieved that the news are out' and claims that 'rumours have been abounding insensively in the circle of friends'.

4th August - Er Mary gravid? - Royale - BT.dk here they quote Se&Hør for sightings of Mary visiting Rigshospitalet -

There were plenty of rumours and they were intensifying. Berlingske does not normally quote gossip stories from the tabloids, Se&Hør etc. but they did on Thursday.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
Couldn't agree more This must have been the queen's decision.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I do not agree that they could have kept it quiet any longer.

Marys veninde jubler: Dobbelt lykke - Royale - BT.dk - Helle Reedtz-Thott reportedly 'almost relieved that the news are out' and claims that 'rumours have been abounding insensively in the circle of friends'.

4th August - Er Mary gravid? - Royale - BT.dk here they quote Se&Hør for sightings of Mary visiting Rigshospitalet -

There were plenty of rumours and they were intensifying. Berlingske does not normally quote gossip stories from the tabloids, Se&Hør etc. but they did on Thursday.
Two stories, that we were released only a day before they announced.
Just because friends were talking about it does not mean they were going to go to the newspaper and tell everyone.
And was the article about Mary visiting the hospital ever posted in any thread because I haven't seen it before.

If people were so concerned about the announce overshadowing the funeral, than one more day would not have hurt their friends.

And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO. It's Mary and Frederik's children, they should decide when to announce it. Why must it be the Queen's decision? She's not the one pregnant.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

However, I would believe UserDane to be in a better position to judge the media climate and interest concerning the pregnancy. If she thought it was getting to a point where it could no longer really be kept private, then I see no reason to doubt that judgement.

There was an interview on Australian television with a magazine editor in Denmark, where they held up numerous magazines with "Mary pregnant" plasted all over the covers. That was the day before the announcement was made and there was already talk about a possible pregnancy at least a day and a half prior. . .

Quote:
And I'm sorry but Margrethe having the final decision on when Mary and Frederik should announce Mary is pregnant is ridiculous IMO
To announce that a member of her family is with child is entirely expected. It takes nothing away from the expectant parents whatsoever.

And no different from any other royal family may I add

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Aristocracy

Oh my God!! I just came back from holidays and was shocked to see that!! I am SO excited. I didn't even believe the speculations about a new pregnancy, because I kind of, thought that they decided Isabella will be their last.

Congratulations to Mary, Frederik and kids!! I am so happy for them and I really wish Mary an easy pregnancy, even though I think she will get to have few official engagements during autumn. It's hard to carry twins and you have to be twice as careful as in an one-baby pregnancy. I also think she will take some time off to help Christian and Isabella adjust in their "future" condition, and also spend as much time she can with them now, as she will be an ULTRA full time mommy by the end of the year!!!

Can wait till the birth of the babies, which I think will be by the end of December. Twins most times get to be born sooner than expected. Let's hope for a baby-prince and a baby-princess!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post

To announce that a member of her family is with child is entirely expected. It takes nothing away from the expectant parents whatsoever.

And no different from any other royal family may I add
Well I find the idea ludicruous that Mary and Frederik have to check the dates to announce she's pregnant by Margrethe.
So what if it's her family, it's not her child, in this case she should act like the grandmother not a Queen.