The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren View Post
I am very happy for Princess Mary and I hope she has a wonderful healthy pregnancy. I am new here, and I must say it is very nice to see such kind and positive comments. I read comments on another website that were truly disturbing. There was so much bitter jealousy-fueled hatred over Princess Mary and her life that I found it disgusting. People clearly have too much time on their hands. They were delving into and speculating about the most private aspects of her life. What a tragic way for grown people to conduct themselves. I hope Princess Mary or her loved ones never read that cruel nonsense!
That's what I love about this forum, you can criticize the royals, love them to bits, but it never becomes venemous like the other forums you are talking about. WE LOVE THE ROYAL FORUMS!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Anyone else remember when little Prince Henrik was born Frederik said to the press that Joachim now had one more than him so they would have to think about evening the score...

Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Nobility

I hope they'll keep evening it

I've been thinking about the best combination. In the order of desirability:

1. identical baby girls
2. identical baby boys
3. boy and girl
4. fraternal girls
5. fraternal boys

What's your list like?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Oh Yes I remember that. Bet Frederik was just as surprised when he found out he was getting twins. Imagine the newly renovated palace will be flooded with woollen gifts over the christmas period for two brand new babies. Have to get busy knitting for these middle of winter babies. Now here's a thought! Wonder if the new Frederick VIII palace has enough room for the twins. As palaces go it is not that big.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Wonder if the new Frederick VIII palace has enough room for the twins. As palaces go it is not that big.
It's 4,500 square metres! - and they will probably still have the Chancellery house as well. They'll manage
Old 08-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

It's wonderful news!!! I'm a big fan of Crown Princess Mary and the entire Danish Royal Family!!! I'm so happy for them!! : )
Old 08-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Courtier

I am very happy for them; but could she not wait until after Countess Ruth's funeral as well as Nathalie's Billed-Bladet article pertaining to her son?

I think that was in bad taste. If she waited this long, she could had waited another week.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Courtier

Life goes on, as they say. The press was already speculating so the palace had to make an announcement, or at least that's how I see it.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Princess Claire of Belgium gave birth to Twins in December 2005.
Coincidence that Claire was also due in January, but gave birth a month early.
I do suspect that Mary's twins will also arrive early. It's a little tough to find enough room for 2 full-term infants in one uterus. Mary and Frederick will probably have an early Christmas present.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

^That would be the best christmas ever in their family
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post
I am very happy for them; but could she not wait until after Countess Ruth's funeral as well as Nathalie's Billed-Bladet article pertaining to her son?

I think that was in bad taste. If she waited this long, she could had waited another week.
The media's sole focus was already on speculating as to whether CP Mary was pregnant, with the story on the front pages of the tabloids released on August 5th as seen in this photo at http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10080501.jpg...so the funeral did not get a lot of attention from the media because the focus was on whether Mary was pregnant again! Is Mary to be blamed for the tabloids printing the story before the announcement was officially released on August 6th? She does not have control over what the media prints and when they print it!

In addition, according to this story at MSN.dk, http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8, the official announcement of the pregnancy was postponed until after Queen Margrethe had left the funeral. I think that showed a mark of respect!!

And Billed Bladet decided when to print the article on Nathalie's son, not CP Mary. As a matter of fact, in the paper edition of the magazine which carried the article on Nathalie's new son, CP Mary and her family are on the cover as the main story with the same speculations as to whether CP Mary is pregnant - BEFORE the official announcement was made! So it's hardly CP Mary's fault in this instance - Blame Billed Bladet!
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...g%20-%206.aspx
Old 08-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotroman View Post
I hope they'll keep evening it

I've been thinking about the best combination. In the order of desirability:

1. identical baby girls
2. identical baby boys
3. boy and girl
4. fraternal girls
5. fraternal boys

What's your list like?
Hmm, I would like a boy and girl so that they can have even boys to girls if they had 2 girls then I would want to boys and vice versa.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Nobility

I am very happy for them. Congratulations to the family!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Hmm, I would like a boy and girl so that they can have even boys to girls if they had 2 girls then I would want to boys and vice versa.
Does it matter? Now that they've already had one boy and one girl.
Wow! Wonderful news!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Nobility

After I saw the beautiful photos (in Hola) of the Infantas Leonor and Sofia of Spain enjoying their Summer vacation; I truly thought, would it be nice for them to have another little sister or perhaps a brother. So I think Princess Letizia is next!

Los PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias y las infantas Leonor y SofÃ*a: pura diversión en Mallorca
Old 08-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Courtier

I am very excited and happy for the family, so I know it's not good form BUT I am curious as to how it happened and why?...as in, i know there was no 'artifical insemination' involved because prior to this, there were no problems in this department, they have two healthy children...BUT I think there may have been certain drugs involved and my reasons for thinking this are (pure speculation) that Mary is almost 40, she wanted four kids and maybe only wanted or felt she had 'time' for ONE more pregnancy...So you do the math, take some fertility drugs to increase ovulation and kill two birds with one stone? I think this pregnancy came about the old fashioned way, but I think there may have been some chemical assistance of some kind...and if not, as we will never know, I stand corrected...

And now I can't wait to see the combination that they have (b/b, b/g, g/g) and sad that it is going to take until about March 2011 to find out their names...ggrrr!!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Courtier

The Danish court has been at great pains to state that the pregnancy occurred in the natural way just like the past 2 pregnancies of the couple. There is no indication that the Danish CP Couple needed some form of artificial assistance to get pregnant in the past or presently. As far as I'm concerned, if fertility drugs or "chemical assistance" is needed to get pregnant....then that's different to a pregnancy that happens without those kinds of aids (natural pregnancy).

As a matter of fact, there have been several articles indicating that Mary's age played a part in the twin pregnancy, as women at a mature age (over 35) have a greater chance of multiple births!
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...JxC0jmVrzcUlLw

http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Old...232687.html%27

Both CP Frederick and CP Mary were surprised by the news that they were having twins...so the '2 kids for 1 pregnancy' isn't the case here since it wasn't planned or expected. And they could have chosen to have an earlier pregnancy within the past 3 years if they did not want to wait until Mary was near 40!

Here's CP Frederik's interview from today about the pregnancy being natural and not expecting twins!
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...az9aqVgwEkf5rQ
Old 08-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq View Post

You said it. Even if they "waited" with announcement until Margrethe left funeral, it is still very bad taste. They should wait even a week or two. There were no reason for rush.
I have some strange thoughts about this pregnancy, I really believe M & F were done with kids. I feel they decided to have more because especially Mary thought she "should"-many royals in Europe have 3 kids at least.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Nobility

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren View Post
I am very happy for Princess Mary and I hope she has a wonderful healthy pregnancy. I am new here, and I must say it is very nice to see such kind and positive comments. I read comments on another website that were truly disturbing. There was so much bitter jealousy-fueled hatred over Princess Mary and her life that I found it disgusting. People clearly have too much time on their hands. They were delving into and speculating about the most private aspects of her life. What a tragic way for grown people to conduct themselves. I hope Princess Mary or her loved ones never read that cruel nonsense!

I think I know the website you may be writing about, yes they are quite vicious about Mary in particular over there. I believe in free speech and all that but some of the comments are so hateful, as if these people have a personal stake . Not everyone adores Mary, fair enough - but I don't understand why grown people would spend so much time thinking up what they must perceive as 'clever' vitriole to spew. Easy cowboys!! (And they read this site as well, and end up "dishing" on positive posts about Mary.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Congrats to Princess Mary and Prince Frederick! Twins!!! This is more that I could even imagine! I love twins sooo much. I wish they could have a girl and a boy. I just love mixed twins. When I was a girl and attended school, there were a twin couple who was this way, a girl and a boy. They were exactly alike in facial features, only that the girl had long and blonde hair and the boy had short, black and curly hair. They had two set of mixed twins as brother and sisters too.

I also knew a couple of twins boy who were very far from being alike: one of them was tall, blonde and blue eyed; his twin brother was short, black haired, black eyed and dark skinned! One of them even seemed to be elder than the other! I like much more these kind of twins...but I admit that identical twins are wonderful too.

Vanesa.