Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 11: August 2013 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2014.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

After Mary had attended the Copemhagen Fashion Conference, and given a speech wearing a skirt by Charlotte Eskildsen: https://app.box.com/s/kwbr22q41mc2x3qdyanm
She invited 50 selected peolpe from the conference home for a dinner at Amalienborg. here, flanked by her husband to one side and the second most important person in the current government, Margrethe Westager, to the other side, (*) she recieved the guests.
Now, I know virtually notheing about who's who in the fashion industry so are some names:
Connie Nielsen, who was one of the hosts at the conference.
Oberon Sinclair.
Eva Kruse.
David Andersen, who had designed the white dress Mary wore.
Mario Testino.
Frank Jensen, mayor for Copenhagen. He wouldn't know what fashion is if it knocked him on the head...

Mary wore earrings by Alma e Curacao: https://app.box.com/s/caa12rma26lxesj3o7ll

(*) The most important person is the Minister for Finance, Bjarne Corydon. The third most important is the PM.

Other articles in Billed Bladet #18, 2014.
Written by Ken Richter, Helle Skram de Fries and Ulrik Ulriksen.

Mary has been busy lately!
She went to Nyborg to give a speech focusing on the plight of women in poor countries for Amnesty International. Telling the audience that on that day, while they were sitting here at this meeting 39.000 women and girls would be forced to marry. 8.000 Women would be circumsized and 800 would die duet to complication in connection with giving birth.

Mary also went to the city of Aalborg to open Research Day, for which she is patron. Here she tried to remotely navigate a ship into Aalborg harbour, with her back turned to the ship and a model of the harbour. The point is that pilot will be able to remotely steer ships rather than having to board the ships and then steer them into harbour.

She also attended Maternity Foundation's meeting in Copenhagen, where a new intiative: Save a Mother's life on Mother's Day was started.
Here Mary had a long chat with her obstretician, Morten Heedgaard, who still works at Rigshospitalet, where Mary gave birth.

Last edited:
Last edited:
im pretty sure her dress is this one she was in when i saw her at my university :) hope we soon will get better photos..

Attachments

• Unavngivet1.jpg
    Unavngivet1.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Unavngivet2.jpg
    Unavngivet2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Unavngivet7.jpg
    Unavngivet7.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Unavngivet.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Roskilde, thank you for sharing your experience and photos of your day seeing Mary.

I have been rather caught up following "some other royal visitors;)" here in Australia and I missed your post.

Well done. My family still look back with fond memories of when we met M&F as I am sure you will too.

hey everyone:)

i have just watched, shook hand and had a wonderful meeting with mary..again..this time it was extra great because we all could see and follow mary throughout the whole event..here comes my little reportage...

i showed up at the roskilde library 11.30 and there were many people..around 200 i guess... lots of kids and teenagers stood on the stairs and all the way down to the way where marys car would arrive. she couldn't had get a better arrivial...also our mayor was ready to receive mary.

we are waiting and waiting and people are so excited and exactly 12.00 arriving the crown car 8 and mary coming out and walks up the stairs. and man, so beautiful and graceful she is...she takes her plenty plenty of time to greet all the kids up along the stairs... and so she comes up to us who stand further up and people become almost touched...it sound maybe weird...but its true...i almost shaken a bit.. the atmosphere is so good and mary were so lovely that we all actually gave mary a spontaneous round of applause ... which made her very happy ... she is very popular undoubtedly...

a really good thing was that we all could get into the library and follow the whole event from the sidelines...but so many people...so many cell phones in the air..so a bit difficult to see her... many people went into the room where chairs and a big screen was erected so that people were able to follow it all live on a big screen..i switched to Watch it on the live screen and go back into the hall and see mary in real life...mary kept a sweet child-friendly speech... the kids were completely silent during the speech... people are talking and they are very impressed how well, flawless and fluent she speaks danish...very easy to understand and she speaks very clear..

after the speech mary went around and greeted all the children and people who were invited...we others stood on the sidelines...again so many people and we stood close together and all took photos .. so some minuttes without seeing so much...but all people were waiting...

and then she comes to us... lots of big mary-smiles...she is just so beautiful and we all get a big smile and some words from her... here i also shake her hand:D i hear people saying "my, she is "gudesmuk" (means really beautiful)".. and she is .. i say it every time i... and very smiling and happy... and very very accommodating...

several times she sits her squatting with the children on the floor (see my photos) and give her plenty of time to chat with them...sometimes she sits there up to 4-5 minutes..people praise it and think its only great she takes her so much time...she is not afraid to exceed the schedule..

then there is whispered that mary soon will come out again...and all the photographers rush out...i dont lie ... they ran fast like was it about running for their lives...we others hurry too step aside:D but there was no need to hurry...we waited 5-10 minutes outside because mary gave her good time.. also to see things outside of the program... the organizers told proudly about how genuine interested she is... people outside agreed... the journalists too..some said that is why they are so fond of her..i can see into the hall and the kids are all around mary...they hug her...and caresses her cheek...mary takes the time to all the kids before she comes out...

and now she comes...mary is surprised to see how many who have been waiting for her all the time to come out again and she says "oh, you're sweet ..."

people waving and some shouting "happy 10 years.. nice to see you and frederik so happy..." a very happy mary says "oh thanks a thousand thats was sweet of you..."

on the way down the stairs mary again gives her plenty of time to greet all the kids ... they almost follow her down and into the car...

and while i hear some people laugh at how the cars on the road and a city bus almost forget to look where they are driving... because they all look at their crown princess who suddenly stood there on the sidewalk:D

a truly wonderful experience...mary is a fantastic sweet woman..very mild, smiling, accommodating and down to earth...so many people...so many expectations and i will dare to say she fulfilled them all...

i know i maybe sound over the top happy ... but that's what i am right now ...

here all my photos...they became not so good this time because i looked more at mary than at my cellphone:D

more of my photos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 264
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 167
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 226
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 169
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
more photos..

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 29a.jpg
    29a.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 168
Thank you for the pictures! Wonderful report!

P. S. Do you know what Mary got in those commercials? (one photo in your last post :)) Gifts? Maybe for her children?

Thank you so much, Maggie :flowers:

What a wonderful experience to see Mary so close to you and throughout the entire event. Enjoyed reading "your reportage" and thanks for sharing all your pictures. I can only imagine you and the others gave Mary just as delightful an experience and that she drove home with a big smile on her lips.

Here is a nice gallery with HQ pics: (Mary indeed looked lovely)
Roskilde Avis: Mary på biblioteket

And here article and pictures
Mary på Roskilde bibliotek: Børn og bøger på hylderne - Roskilde Avis

Gallery from sn.dk
(Then Mary sat down with the read-seeking children in honor of the many attendees photographers she said with a smile "Hey, I must have a book too" and pulled a book from the bookcase.)
Se alle billederne: Mary tog på biblioteket - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Roskilde

Galleri from avisen.dk
Mary: Husk at læse i ferien, børn! - Billeder på Avisen.dk

Article and picture from BB
VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary til børnebogsfest i Roskilde | Billed Bladet

And video from BB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zzzd-_8tc

thank you MaggieDenmark for a great report and for sharing your pictures. How lucky, Mary looks so nice and down to earth.

this is a lovely picture of Mary greeting the kids
http://plimg.no.publicus.com/galler...993/PH/0/8/PH-620009993.jpg&Maxw=939&Maxh=626

and this one
http://plimg.no.publicus.com/galler...93/PH/0/16/PH-620009993.jpg&Maxw=939&Maxh=626

HRH The Crown Princess participates in the Young Global Leaders' seminar about 'Efficient Energy Deployment'.
https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net...483_562573543853232_7032757858631172176_n.jpg

two more pics from yesterday
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cF4_ZAT7a...w/s1600/c842d7adf9572dbde5b6d5ef4ab88a1d.jpeg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rHxn5MZXzFA/U6Re-f2ryFI/AAAAAAAB3u0/SRXHFd9HNco/s1600/m03h.jpg

Last edited:
What a brilliant experience that must have been for you, MaggieDenmark. Mary seems to make a few visits to Roskilde and the areas around it, so that must be practical for you. :) Thanks for sharing your day with us and the photos are great! You got some good clear shots of Mary. It looks like you were quite close to her.

Here is a nice gallery with HQ pics: (Mary indeed looked lovely)
Roskilde Avis: Mary på biblioteket

And here article and pictures
Mary på Roskilde bibliotek: Børn og bøger på hylderne - Roskilde Avis

Gallery from sn.dk
(Then Mary sat down with the read-seeking children in honor of the many attendees photographers she said with a smile "Hey, I must have a book too" and pulled a book from the bookcase.)
Se alle billederne: Mary tog på biblioteket - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Roskilde

Galleri from avisen.dk
Mary: Husk at læse i ferien, børn! - Billeder på Avisen.dk

Article and picture from BB
VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary til børnebogsfest i Roskilde | Billed Bladet

And video from BB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zzzd-_8tc

Okay let's have a look on what Mary and the two children says in the video:

To start with Mary and the children count down from 10 to declare " The Summer Book" for open. Evidently the children count too fast so they suddenly are at "5" even though it says "6" on the screen. Mary tries to help with her fingers.

Mary told the children:
"Soon, you all will begin your summer vacation and I know that it's something my children looks very much forward to and I'm sure you does as well. To having time off from school, to pack the alarm clock, the school bag and school books away and instead find your swimsuit and enjoy the long bright days and evenings. For summer vacation is freedom, freedom to do exactly what you want. Almost." (I think she here after told about reading books in the vacation)

Olivia and Tobias? How was it to meet Mary?
- It was pretty cool and she asked about some nice things. It was just really fantastic.

Olivia, how much do you know about Mary and her family?
- I've read some books about her and I think she helps many people. I just think she's a good princess.

What about you, Tobias?
- I have also read books about her. And I also know something about Prince Henrik.

BB journalist Ulrik Ulriksen at the end:
Crown Princess Mary, what books do your children read during the summer vacation? - I think I will see what's in the bags we just had recieved. So perhaps a selection from there.

As Marta mentioned, it's my impression that a good deal of books are being read home at F&M. Both F&M themselves and books being reading aloud for the children.

Last edited:
The skirt Mary is wearing is one of her worst ever.

It's so great that CP Mary brings attention to this important cause. One of our former First Ladies also promoted it. :flowers: Reading to and with your children is one of the best things you can do as a parent, and the rewards are so many. One of my sons is now a reference librarian and the other is a teacher. The teacher even refuses to buy a Kindle - he doesn't want to contribute to the decline of the printed word.

Yes...She looks absolutely fantastic! And above all...she looks very happy! And how wise to promote reading when the children are about to go off on summer holiday! This is far more important than the skirt CP Mary is wearing (IMO)!

To the Danish posters...when do summer holidays start for school children?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom