The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Royal Highness

Mary has such a great attitude. Love the pic of the little boy looking at Mary.

I like this one too, the girl seems excited to meet her
http://www.taastrup.nu/nonsec/npix/2...4227195712.jpg

a few more pics
https://moedrehjaelpen.dk/h-k-h-kron...hoje-taastrup/

Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Royal Highness

Local media tells more about the girl. While the major media always are waiting at the entrance and/or inside they miss out what's happening outside.

And that's why we have the smaller local media:

"Jeg vasker aldrig min hnd igen" » taastrup.nu: "I never wash my hands again"

It wasn't everybody who could be allowed to join the warmth inside the Family House, but outside waited several citizens faithfully in the cold until Mary came out Again after her visit. And they didn't wait in vain.

8-year-old Fatima had an exciting Thursday afternoon: "I love her, she's just so nice. I hope she will be the princess of Denmark the rest of her life."

Along with her two friends had she braved the cold for an hour to greet Mary. "I'll never wash my hand again," the girls agreed.

Fatima had even written a fine card with hearts and everything to Mary.
"I wrote to her that she is really pretty and that I love her" she said enthusiastically.

Fortunately, Mary discovered the girls in the crowd, so instead of going straight back to the waiting car Mary took good time to go over and say 'Hi' to the girls and receiving their cards.

Two pictures from Kongehuset.dk
Besøg ved Familiens Hus - Kongehuset

Here's more pictures (bigger and better quality)

http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/tas1.jpg
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/tas5.jpg
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/tas6.jpg
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/tas7.jpg
Image du Blog frederiketmary.centerblog.net

From Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...22254005_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...01165313_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...89421834_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...30844545_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...15293853_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...66952820_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...68417737_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...17740715_n.jpg

Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Roskilde

It is an interesting but perhaps not so surprising fact that the DRF is popular and very much followed by immigrants.
My personal guess is that the immigrants in many ways can relate to Mary and our Marie as well, since they are immigrants too - and also accomplished women in their own right. There is very much a women's liberation movement going on among (in particular Muslim) immigrants these years. The girls have discovered that they can have a career and a family and need not be relegated to housewives like their mothers and grandmothers and as such they are also beginning to put their foot down in earnest.
It's the girls that matters if integration is to succeed in DK, in my politically incorrect opinion many of the boys are simply too stupid and ought to be whacked on the heads.

The irony is that the DRF is very much a nationalist symbol, but by having foreigners almost per default marrying into the family, they also become a symbol for immigrants.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #10, 2014.
Written by Marianne Singer.

When Mary visited the Family House in Høje Taastrup and the adults listened to speeches, Mads age three, stepped away from his mother, Stephanie, and walked up to Mary. Looked at her and announced loudly to all present who may have failed to notice: "Ooi, there's a Princess". People bust out laughing, including Mary who said: "I blush/I get all shy".

The Family House has been established in Co-operation between Høje Taastrup municipality and the organisation Mother's Aide (Mødrehjælpen) for which Mary is patron.
Here the mothers can recieve councelling and guidance in among other things in how to begin an education.

The visit lasted an hour and afterwards Mary said: "What has made the biggest impression on me are the young mothers who have come here and been given tools and skills in how to create a life for themselves and their children. They are incredibly glad for the place, get help (*) in getting started on an education and an occupation and also in being able to handle to role as mother.
We had plenty of time to chat and share experiences today".

Mary added that she has never been a member of Mother's Aide group, but instead relied on her friends. (**)

(*) As you can tell Mary has fully adopted the native habit of incomplete and shortened sentences.

(**) Mrs. Muhler and I attended a couple of such meetings when we were pregnant... and it was more of an experience to me than of particular use.
It seemed to me that you could divide the attendees into two groups:
Those who wore lilac diapers around their necks, sitting on the floor drinking herbal-tea and singing Kumbayah. That is when they weren't discussing their feelings. With the emasculated fathers in the background who also discussed their feelings, washing it down with more herbal-tea, wishing it was beer.
And those women who resembled dragons (personality wise) and about whom I found myself wondering how they had managed to find a man even remotely willing to impregnate them.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

When Mary visited the Family House in Høje Taastrup and the adults listened to speeches, Mads age three, stepped away from his mother, Stephanie, and walked up to Mary. Looked at her and announced loudly to all present who may have failed to notice: "Ooi, there's a Princess". People bust out laughing, including Mary who said: "I blush/I get all shy".

Thanks Muhler,

Must be from that situation this lovely picture are taken
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...ts-950x0-1.jpg

And as Maggie pointed out, the little boy is indeed Vincent's look-alike.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Indeed Roskilde.

Mads won the Aww-ain't-that-sweet-award of the day.

Here is a pic of Mary to the movie premiere of the Asger Jorn movie: https://app.box.com/s/8a1xwqqe7p7rqur8a1nz

BB informs us that her clutch is from Carlend Cph.
Her shoes from Gianvito Rossi.
And her earrings with green Onyx (whatever that is) and diamonds are from JewlsCph.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Royal Highness

Mary will tomorrow afternoon (3pm) come to Roskilde. My city. And children and I will go see/greet her.

I'll try to take some pictures, but I know I in the situation will prefer to put the camera away and just see her

She will visit and open a new exhibition at the famous Viking Ship Museum:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved åbningen af udstillingen "Verden i Vikingetiden" kl. 15.00 - Kongehuset
Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Mary will tomorrow afternoon (3pm) come to Roskilde. My city. And children and I will go see/greet her.

I'll try to take some pictures, but I know I in the situation will prefer to put the camera away and just see her

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved åbningen af udstillingen "Verden i Vikingetiden" kl. 15.00 - Kongehuset
How exciting for you and kids.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

The Family House has been established in Co-operation between Høje Taastrup municipality and the organisation Mother's Aide (Mødrehjælpen) for which Mary is patron.
Here the mothers can recieve councelling and guidance in among other things in how to begin an education.

The visit lasted an hour and afterwards Mary said: "What has made the biggest impression on me are the young mothers who have come here and been given tools and skills in how to create a life for themselves and their children. They are incredibly glad for the place, get help (*) in getting started on an education and an occupation and also in being able to handle to role as mother.
We had plenty of time to chat and share experiences today".

Mary added that she has never been a member of Mother's Aide group, but instead relied on her friends. (**)

(*) As you can tell Mary has fully adopted the native habit of incomplete and shortened sentences.

(**) Mrs. Muhler and I attended a couple of such meetings when we were pregnant... and it was more of an experience to me than of particular use.
It seemed to me that you could divide the attendees into two groups:
Those who wore lilac diapers around their necks, sitting on the floor drinking herbal-tea and singing Kumbayah. That is when they weren't discussing their feelings. With the emasculated fathers in the background who also discussed their feelings, washing it down with more herbal-tea, wishing it was beer.
And those women who resembled dragons (personality wise) and about whom I found myself wondering how they had managed to find a man even remotely willing to impregnate them.
Muhler! Such dragon women EAT men! You must take care not to become superflous.......
Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Muhler! Such dragon women EAT men! You must take care not to become superflous.......
That is a more than plausible explanation.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

article with some pictures
Mary er ankommet til Vikingeskibsmuseet - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Roskilde

another short article and picture
Kronprinsesse Mary på vikingeeventyr | Billed Bladet
Old 04-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Hi everyone.

Just got home after seeing Mary

A big, lovely experience to see her in real life.

I think we were about 40-50 people and we got us some nice small talk while we waited. About our Crown Princess as well. And I can only say, Mary's popularity among people can't be denied.

I had a good talk with two police officers as well.

Finally Mary arrives and a little girl, Olivia, is brave and walks with her tiny legs and a red rose in her hand past all in the crowd and gives Mary her rose. The little girl talks and talks and Mary smiles and answers all she can.

Daughter, niece and I all got a smile, eye contact and a wave.

Nice experience to see and hear her "live". It's certainly not the last time we will do that.

I have noticed that many say this and now I'll say it too. For the heck, she's beautiful! She is beautiful in pictures, but they can't describe her in the reality. She looks radiant and her brown eyes sparkles when she looks at you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4235.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	291339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4238.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	291340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4243.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	291341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4245.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	291342  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4246.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	291343   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4247.jpg
Views:	1120
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	291344   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4248.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	291345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4254.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	291346  

Old 04-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

thank you Roskilde for sharing not only the pictures but your experience

Its lovely to hear the insights from the Danes themselves

Picture # 6 is my favorite
the eye contact with the little girl is so cute
Old 04-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Thank you very much Roskilde...Great job !!!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Courtier

what a lovely post dear roskilde. thank you very much. reminds me of when i met mary last year..it was also such a lovely day

roskilde newspaper have a photo galleri..mary for sure looked beautiful :-)
Roskilde Avis: Mary hos vikingene
Old 04-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Thanks Roskilde for sharing.
It is always good to have someone on the spot and to have their insights and pictures.

Mary looks lovely and from information that I have read on the exhibition it is one that I would like to visit.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

Oh my!! You got some amazing pictures roskilde!! Thanks for sharing them w/us. :)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Courtier

I wonder how come a lady-in-waiting was not with CP Mary? I did not see Caroline Heering or Tanja Dorky? Instead, a man in uniform (adjutant) accompanied CP Mary. I wonder what is the significance of that?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Roskilde for your on the spot reporting! when I saw her in NYC a few years ago she appeared to have very rosy cheeks, an awful lot of blush, which didn't look like a lot in the pictures of the event. Did you notice the same thing?

Tags
crown princess mary, princess mary, princess mary current events