Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 11: August 2013 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- It's the new royal family we see here(*). Both the Crown Princess and Crown Prince is much more open - shall we say in a different way - than our talented Queen are. I think it is very positive, says Stig Elling.

this is really nice to read. and a positive indicator for the future of the monarchy in Denmark

Among the invited guests were among other travel our well-known travel King Stig Elling and his husband of 24 years, Steen Andersen and the United States ambassador, Rufus Gifford, who also is declared homosexual, together with his partner.

Bt.dk had a talk with Stig Elling about the importance of Crown Princess Mary had agreed to pay tribute to the gay 'silver anniversary' by her mere presence.

- It means reallymuch, because she is so sympathetic. She also manifests this in a good way by accrediting it. That, I think, are big of her, because it's still needed, says Stig Elling to bt.dk.

He and Steen Andersen also had a little chat with the Crown Princess, where Mary said she was very pleased to attend the opening of the exhibition.

- It's the new royal family we see here(*). Both the Crown Princess and Crown Prince is much more open - shall we say in a different way - than our talented Queen are. I think it is very positive, says Stig Elling.

BT noted that Mary didn't reached to talk to the press because she spent all the time talking to guests and participated willingly in several private photos.

----

(*) Something we hear again and again from people. Queen Margrethe is popular, but Frederik and Mary are about to create a more open and modern Royal House.

Thanks for all the pics and articles. :flowers:

IMO let's make one thing absolutely clear!
I think Stig Elling is unfair.
QMII was very much in the absolute front in regards to the treatment and acceptance of homosexuals - and she was so years before Mary even arrived in DK.

QMII was among the very first, if not the very first, monarchs who invited a homosexual minister's partner (I believe that was just before registered partnership was legal here in DK) to a gala dinner. The press didn't write that much about it back then, because a ministers (legal) sexual life was considered a private matter, but it did cause some attention also abroad.
(Including a gay-bashing reverend - of a sort - in USA, who predicted it would result in DK being punished by God. You can actually still find his rantings on the Net).

SO while M&F are very openly tolerant against homosexuals, several of their best friends are homosexuals, so is QMII. - She is just not standing on her head showing how tolerant she is. - And why should she?

IMO we have long since reached the point here in DK where if someone stands up and say "I'm gay", a typical reaction could be: "Yeah? And I should care because...? So what? Sit down and shut up".
In other words: don't expect people to clap their little hands if someone "comes out", that bridge is long crossed.

It's great that Mary attends the jubilee of Registered Partnership, because that was a good thing and worth celebrating. But to me personally homsexuality and married (and divorced) homosexuals is just a part of the normal picture and I don't care.
- And that's pretty much a success, eh?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the pics and articles. :flowers:

(Including a gay-bashing reverend - of a sort - in USA, who predicted it would result in DK being punished by God. You can actually still find his rantings on the Net).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That could be one of several - if I were to make a list, his name would probably be on it. There is one in particular who, in my opinion, does not advance the cause of Christianity, but instead turns people away.

This next part is for information only - I am not evangelizing: in the Lutheran church (which is the prevalent church in Scandinavia) we are taught that there is no big sin or small sin - it's all sin. So we are all sinners.

I really think the acceptance of homosexuals is a generational thing. In 50 years, people are going to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Sorry mods - I strayed off topic. If you choose to delete this, I'll understand.

It is refreshing when people can stand up for what they believe and not be judged. Well done Mary & Denmark for not judging.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

CPMary sure is a busy bee, she has grown into her royal duties and has past with flying colors.........now where are the gown and tiara events?

Daily Mail continue their coverage of Mary, here in regards to the Registered Partnership anniversary: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark steps out in classic grey frock while supporting her country's long history of same-sex marriage | Daily Mail Online

And wouldn't you know. Another article by Daily Mail. This time about the 200th anniversary for compulsory schooling: Princess Mary tours Denmark playground with groups of giggling schoolkids | Daily Mail Online

- Why oh why do English and American papers use headlines and link-titles like "Denmark playground" or worse: "Turkey president"?? Do they think their readers are ignorant? Or are they just sloppy?

Last edited by a moderator:
One more picture of Mary arriving to the event yesterday afternoon
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1420600626_97937aab762e47fea930bb56647abc30

And article from Billedbladet
Kronprinsesse Mary til stor revisorfest på Børsen | Billed Bladet

HQ pictures from Royalista

http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...ss-mary_stilettos_clutches--w=1200_h=1200.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...ss-mary_stilettos_clutches--w=1200_h=1200.jpg

The full gallery and article from Royalista
Princess Mary shines in white dress at auditor award show

This woman definitely deserves a relaxing autumn vacation next week, doesn't she. She's always a diligent CP, but her schedule is extraordinary filled these weeks.

Galleries from Kongehuset from Mary's two events yesterday:

The School tour in Næstved:
Byvandring med skoleklasse - Kongehuset

The awards ceremony at FSR:
Overrækkelse danske revisorers prisuddeling inden for bedste CSR-rapportering - Kongehuset

Daily Mail continue their coverage of Mary, here in regards to the Registered Partnership anniversary: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark steps out in classic grey frock while supporting her country's long history of same-sex marriage | Daily Mail Online

And wouldn't you know. Another article by Daily Mail. This time about the 200th anniversary for compulsory schooling: Princess Mary tours Denmark playground with groups of giggling schoolkids | Daily Mail Online

- Why oh why do English and American papers use headlines and link-titles like "Denmark playground" or worse: "Turkey president"?? Do they think their readers are ignorant? Or are they just sloppy?
Some of it is due to spellcheck, etc., but mostly it's carelessness. I think newspapers were more accurate when they had human proofreaders. As to the Daily Mail, I do check out their articles for the pictures and the reader comments, but I can see where they got their nickname - the Daily Fail.

Some of it is due to spellcheck, etc., but mostly it's carelessness. I think newspapers were more accurate when they had human proofreaders. As to the Daily Mail, I do check out their articles for the pictures and the reader comments, but I can see where they got their nickname - the Daily Fail.

:lol:
But it is sad.
How can you expect children to learn to spell, let alone bother, if the papers routinely write headlines like Japan government?
Third graders would giggle loudly if one of their classmates wrote that.

But if it's a consolation the papers here in DK are just as bad. Spellcheck and grammar is out the window.

Thanks Principessa :flowers:

Congratulations to our Mary, it's well deserved! She has long made a good and successful work with the Mary Foundation. I guess we will see a proud Frederik attend the event with his wife...

HM Queen Silvia of Sweden with her Bambi 2006
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1421989794_b20a0f579bcee6b87c459bda6e709363

A little more on the Bambi Award, from Billed Bladet #42, 2014.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

As you know by now the award will be presented in Berlin on 13 November and aired live on TV (ARD). It is the first in Germany that a crown princess will be live on tv, as such it is expected that some six million viewers will follow tha award ceremony.
(Plus some of the couple of million or so Danes who can watch German TV as well).
Mary will, as you know, get the award for her work puting focus on the plight of women, not least women who suffer abuse.

She is, as far as I understand, the first royal who will get the Bambi Award itself.
Queen Silvia and Queen Rania have each recieved an honorary award.

Among those who have also recieved the Charity Bambi Award are:
Elton John, Nelson Mandela and Muhammed Ali.

Our diligent Mary hasn't slept long this Saturday morning, she participates in these hours in the opening of the Scandinavian finale for FIRST LEGO League, Copenhagen:

She was received with cheers, songs and a somewhat different flower girl - Mary's flower girl was in fact a robot that was programmed to present her with flowers ;)

First picture - Mary receiving flowers from her new flower girl:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ic/media/article/_lhl8693_2.jpg?itok=VuVrKBFY

Article from BB:
Kronprinsesse Mary fik blomster af robot | Billed Bladet

ADDED:

Pictures from Facebook:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1427000477_048b5e96c930e6cfb9117f65fcd09ff4
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd...._=1423025768_1bd314f02c4593bfd7a45efd2ce70649

"Let the best team win"
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152410572106389&set=vb.162397466388&type=2&theater

A Norwegian girl at the event: "Selfie with Mary. Can't get much better than this"
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net...=8153d8658ddea2cabdcc75e713253743&oe=5513DA1C

:previous: Call me oldfashioned, but except perhaps in the eyes of some nerds it ain't particularly cute.

Last edited:
such a fantastic event .
Legos were/are a stable in my family

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom