CP Mary as Patron of the Royal Danish Academy of Music Children's Choir: 2007 - 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sweet family event!!!

Christian and Isabella are more and more wonderful children!

I love this event each year, the children look wonderful. Finally a family event. :)

Thanks for the pictures.
Its good to see the kids again, I loved the photo of Bella holding the flowers walking out of the church.
Here is PPE full gallery

13-12-2009 Copenhagen Prince Christian, Princess Isabella at a Christmas Mass at the Esajas Kirke (church) in Copenhagen.
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09121304.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09121307.jpg

Christian is developing into a handsome young boy, he's getting there. I always thought he was a slow starter, like his dad.

It wasn't Isabella's best night but she's still very young to get through such an event.

It's great to see those two regulary at "normal" events out and about, as the kids they are and not brought to perfection for a rare occasion in public.

Whose car do you think this is?. I remember they had a VW Touareg, then I saw Mary in a red SUV when she took the children to visit P. Henrik in May, but this is more like a minivan, I can't identify the maker, I thought it was subaru, but I 've checked theri website and I cant recognize it

AAAAAnyway, I loved Isabella carrying mum's flowers and why wasn't her best night?
Christian all formal, shaking hands properly was wonderful too, Mary looked truly happy

Christian e Isabella de Dinamarca 'presiden' un concierto de Navidad igual que papá y mamá

According to this, Peter and Caroline Heering where there too with their two daughters

Last edited by a moderator:
They are already so big and they behaved both very good :). I think that this kind of event is very good to "training" Christian & Isabella and to get to use them with public attention.

And it was good Caroline had brought her daughter there cause then Christian & Isabella had friend with.

How cold are there in Denmark right now? I saw that Christian had no scarf and it made me thought that in Denmark must be much warmer than in Estonia :)

13-12-2009 Copenhagen Prince Christian, Princess Isabella at a Christmas Mass at the Esajas Kirke (church) in Copenhagen.

Christian is developing into a handsome young boy, he's getting there. I always thought he was a slow starter, like his dad.

It wasn't Isabella's best night but she's still very young to get through such an event.

It's great to see those two regulary at "normal" events out and about, as the kids they are and not brought to perfection for a rare occasion in public.

What do you mean he is a slow starter. The children behaved very well. I do not understand how you can say she did not have a good night. She sat very still and did not cause any problems from the pictures.

They were indeed. There are pictures of them.
In fact, there are some pictures with Fred with one of Caroline's daugter's on his lap (if i'm not mistaken).

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - a believe it is.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto - a picture of Caroline.

:)

Whose car do you think this is?. I remember they had a VW Touareg, then I saw Mary in a red SUV when she took the children to visit P. Henrik in May, but this is more like a minivan, I can't identify the maker, I thought it was subaru, but I 've checked theri website and I cant recognize it

If Caroline, Peter and the two girls came, they may have needed a bigger car. :flowers:

Why wasn't it Isabella's best night? She looked weel behaved, as did Christian.
"Normal" events? and what do you mean by slow starter? :)

Temperature in Denmark is between -8 and 2 degrees.

Thanks everyone for the links to photos. :flowers: I love that they have turned this event into a family Christmas tradition. Hopefully one that will continue for many, many years.

I really like this decision that Frederik and Mary have made also. It makes them seem much more approachable and real as a family, which can only help in maintaining support for the Royal Family in the future imo.

Yes the kids were very well behaved but to me Isabella looked a bit lost and quite tired on her mothers lap, sucking on her tumb, not the usual quirky character that she is, interacting with her environment. She's still very young to go through such an event.

I think Christian was a slow starter, like his dad, in terms of being approachable. He now starts to open up a bit, is less reserved. I think Christian in particular has made a huge step, when he was smaller he came across as difficult to handle, throwing tantrums etc, now he has grown and is more relaxed, even sharing his toys with his sister :)

I'm a bit surprised by your perception of Christian. Throwing tantrums? I think I have seen him crying once or twice; he's been seen a lot in public and he's only four! He is one of the best behaved small royal kids I have ever seen in public! He was barely two at Isabella's christening and so incredibly mild and sweet during the whole long ceremony.
I was actually pleased to see the first pictures of him crying (or 'throwing tantrums which I suppose all toddlers do then) - it just showed that he is 'a normal child' so to speak.

You are the first one I have heard who have the perception that he is difficult to handle. I have the exact opposite impression and I do think that he is perceived as a quite sweet tempered and well behaved young child. I think he is, for example, very much easier to handle than his two older cousins Felix and Nikolai (definitely Nikolai) were at the same age, just my impression.

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised by your perception of Christian. Throwing tantrums? I think I have seen him crying once or twice; he's been seen a lot in public and he's only four! He is one of the best behaved small royal kids I have ever seen in public! He was barely two at Isabella's christening and so incredibly mild and sweet during the whole long ceremony.
I was actually pleased to see the first pictures of him crying (or 'throwing tantrums which I suppose all toddlers do then) - it just showed that he is 'a normal child' so to speak.

You are the first one I have heard who have the perception that he is difficult to handle. I have the exact opposite impression and I do think that he is perceived as a quite sweet tempered and well behaved young child. I think he is, for example, very much easier to handle than his two older cousins Felix and Nikolai (definitely Nikolai) were at the same age, just my impression.

They are wonderful children. They seem to be so full of life and so sweet. I am like you UserDane he is always so well behaved. We have seen him trying his parents a couple of times and they are there immediately to put a stop to his behavior. They are acting like normal children and I think that is wonderful. We are seeing them grow up and not just in a planned photo shoot where everyone is on their best behavior. They are out and about in the public and seem to have wonderful manners. I think Isabella may have been tired last night. She did not act out, sat quietly in CPM's lap sucking her thumb which is quite normal for her age. If I remember correctly they were both very good last year for the same event. If she had interacted as you said DoM she would have been called down by her parents. She acted exactly as was expected of her. I know personally of many children their age that cannot sit still for 2 minutes much less a whole concert. That takes a lot of work and patience on the part of parents and a nanny to get them to that stage. Mary had packed the little suitcase with toys for them both. Smart Mom!

M&F seem to be great parents. They spend so much time with the children. I admire them both for putting so much time in their family life. We have seen this many, many times since the little Prince was born.

I had perceived Christian as the typical first born boy who would naturally get and get used to loads of attention in the family (similar to Prince William) - I don't think he was too pleased with Isabella being born forcing him to share everything. But as I said, he has grown a lot and become more at ease.

I think Christian is a wonderful boy as is Isabella. I don't think Christian was jealous when Isabella was born, happy to be honest. :)

I had perceived Christian as the typical first born boy who would naturally get and get used to loads of attention in the family (similar to Prince William) - I don't think he was too pleased with Isabella being born forcing him to share everything. But as I said, he has grown a lot and become more at ease.

But he is not the first born in the RF, what about Nikolai and Felix?, neither was William, there was Peter Philips, maybe the attention you refer to is because they are the heir of the heir.

I bet that in private the one who steals the show is Isabella, the only girl among a bunch of boys!

Question for a danish
why a girl has a hear piece with four candles in it? Is it like an advent wreath?

Question for a danish
why a girl has a hear piece with four candles in it? Is it like an advent wreath?
It is in celebration of Santa Lucia and takes place each year on 13th December. you can read about the custom here - Saint Lucy's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - where it is called Saint Lucy.
In Denmark, it is celebrated in most schools, for example. I believe it is even more widespread in Sweden.

But he is not the first born in the RF, what about Nikolai and Felix?, neither was William, there was Peter Philips, maybe the attention you refer to is because they are the heir of the heir.

I bet that in private the one who steals the show is Isabella, the only girl among a bunch of boys!

Question for a danish

He is the first born to Mary and Frederik, any first born is bound to get a shed load of love and attention, he is the heir to the heir aswell which makes him even more special. :flowers:

I'm not from Denmark but I found this information:

13th December is Lucia Day (it's same in Estonia too):

According to the Catholic Church Lucia is the saint of light.

She is celebrated on the night between the 12th and the 13th of December, especially in schools, retirement homes, hospitals and other institutions all over Denmark, with small girl processions and traditional singing.

Legend has it that Lucia, in order to keep her hands free, wore a wreath with candles on her head so that she could (illegally) feed the poor Christians on the hide in the catacombs of ancient Rome.

Mary didn't attended this year event. Last year she was heavily pregnant, now she's on vacations. Pity, it could be nice family outing with children.

You aren't serious are you?

:previous:

As it's been a comment from two years ago, I think we shouldn't start discussing it again and keep the thread on topic instead!

Childrens Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church

The whole Crown Prince Family attended - all six of them :)

First pics at belga

Search: Childrens Choir Christmas concert at Esajas Church in Denmark, December 16, 2012

The children look so sweet! :) Is that Vincent with CP Frederik?

The children are just adorable!
They all look extremely happy and relaxed; Prince Vincent is the star, he even (almost) manages to outshine Bella.

The children look so sweet! :) Is that Vincent with CP Frederik?
Yes, in most picture Prince Frederick is holding his younger son.

The children are just adorable!
They all look extremely happy and relaxed; Prince Vincent is the star, he even (almost) manages to outshine Bella.

Yes, in most picture Prince Frederick is holding his younger son.

Ah, thanks for telling me; its just that the twins look so alike! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom