Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Danish Swimming Union: 2007 - 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Mary attended an event yesterday to do with her patronage of the Danish Swimming Federation

:flowers:

Danish Crown Princess Mary is the patron of the Danish Swimming Federation and as such she was present at the Wonderful Copenhagen Challenge, a swimming meeting with topswimmers from all over the world

Pictures from Soren Steffen
Talking to her L-I-W

I don't know what to think of the bottom half of her outfit - the pants should be a tad shorter IMO

(ANP)

Last edited:
the soren steffen pictures are lovely, very detailed & clear. Mary seemed so into the competition. I also like her outfit, nothing boring but maybe if her pants were a bit looser & a bit shorter. Thanks for the pictures & info

I don't know what to think of the bottom half of her outfit - the pants should be a tad shorter IMO

(ANP)

I agree about the pants but love the rest. Mary has a great sense of style and looks fab on almost every occasion.

When did Mary become patron of the Danish Swimming Federation ?

Thanks for the pictures. I love Marys outfit, she looks great.

When did Mary become patron of the Danish Swimming Federation ?
Dazzling, I found this on the Internet:
Formand Kaj Aagaards jubilæumstale Kære Præsident Mustapha Larfaoui, FINA, Kære Præsident Bartolo Consolo,

It's a speech on occasion of the Danish swimming federation's 100 year anniversary by chairman Kaj Aagaard to president Mustafa Larfaoui, FINA, president Bartolo Consolo, LEN, and other Nordic friends, members and honorary members, in which the chairman says that

"In November 2006, we received the good news from the court, that HRH Crown Princess Mary had accepted the position as a patron of the Danish Swimming Federation".

Thaks for the info UserDane. I read in Cown Prince Couple web about the Danish Swimming Federation’s purpose, and it´s very intersting!

She has a swimmer's physique when she isn't too thin ... very Australian!
Yeah Aotea, the Aussies are very good at sport, especially sports relating with water as the land is surrounded by water as well. Also Mary is active, and has done exervises regularly. In Fred's recent interview, he advised that we all should spend at least 30 minutes a day doing some exercises.

I just can't understand how Mary could always be so radiant and smiling! And ofcourse how she look so fine and her outfit is so interesting - she rather shock someone but her outfit isn't never bored.

Looking good Mary - although I agree that her pants should be a bit shorter. They look strange over the tops of her pumps.

By they way, I've noticed something about her new lady-in-waiting. If I remember correctly, when Caroline Heering attended Mary as L-I-W, she always wore a pin that was a ribbon, with a small hanging portait of Queen Margarethe. I've seen Mary wear that pin herself as well. Mary's new L-I-W always wears a different pin. It is an 'M' pin - the one that the Queen designed for Mary. Very nice - but does anyone know why the difference?

Looking good Mary - although I agree that her pants should be a bit shorter. They look strange over the tops of her pumps.

By they way, I've noticed something about her new lady-in-waiting. If I remember correctly, when Caroline Heering attended Mary as L-I-W, she always wore a pin that was a ribbon, with a small hanging portait of Queen Margarethe. I've seen Mary wear that pin herself as well. Mary's new L-I-W always wears a different pin. It is an 'M' pin - the one that the Queen designed for Mary. Very nice - but does anyone know why the difference?

If you're referring to the "pin" in this picture, it is called the Danish Family Order, and it is given only to female members of the Danish Royal Family by HM the Queen. Caroline Heering wore a "pin" as seen is this picture which signified that she was LIW to Mary. Mary's first LIW, Victoria wore a similar insignia, and so does her present LIW, Tanja.

Last edited:
Yes, all the ladies in waiting wear an "M" on a blue ribbon which stands for Mary. Alex's liw also wore the same pin but an "A" for Alex.

I think that it should be very warm and hot inside the swimming pool so she maybe should take her jacket off!The leather jaket is nice but the pants...

Reception with Danish Swimming Union
Saturday 19 September 2009, 2:30pm
HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, participates in the Danish Swimming Union's reception in Copenhagen Marriott Hotel in connection with conference for the European Swimming Association.

Pic: Billed-Bladet - Mary med kendte

Last edited by a moderator:
Reception with Danish Swimming Union
Saturday 19 September 2009, 2:30pm
HRH The Crown Princess, as patron, participates in the Danish Swimming Union's reception in Copenhagen Marriott Hotel in connection with conference for the European Swimming Association.

Photogallery: Marys frække blik - MSN Starlounge

Pic: Billed-Bladet - Mary med kendte

I was hoping someone would find links for this event. I've been searching everywhere. :)

Looks wonderful as always. :flowers:

Monday 28 December 2009, 10:00am
TRH The Crown Prince and the Crown Princess donate a quarter of a million to an integration project in AGF Swim Club at Århus Swimming Stadium

Thanks for the additional pictures.

and lovely pictures from PPE Gallery

:previous:
Finally an event they attended together. :)
They look wonderful, it's amazing how quickly Mary has got back into work after Christmas.

BB has nice pictures gallery with unseen pictures and a short article on the event
Click Here

Yes, "i will be THIS big"!! Funny... Mary does look well, if a little pale, but she has been on planes a lot lately. A few days rest at home, she should be fine.

She looks a bit tired but I guess it's normal with her trips to Australia and Greece and being pregnant with twins!

She looks fantastic. It's incredible to look that fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom