The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2014, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
A fun little detail from the trip...

0:10 into this video we see Mary as the first one sits down on the floor to make things a bit less formal. In one of the Danish magazines coverage of the Myanmar trip you can read why Mary and the others all laugh big at the episode. While Mary sits cross-legged down on the floor she turns around to the men behind her (including our Minister of Development Rasmus Helveg) and says: "Come, let's see how supple you are"

http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/008...ro_813712y.jpg
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../04__b468m.jpg
Thanks Roskilde.

You can see on the video that when Mary says that, it breaks the ice and puts everyone at ease. Mary would knows that it makes for a much better discussion when others in the room feel comfortable. It looks as though the Minister may not be so supple.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The national fundraiser 2014, is on tonight. And I udnerstand there will be some royal presence, whether that is on the show, live, or on a video I don't know.

Anyway, it will be shown on DR1, which means you should be able to watch it outside DK and it also means that video will be available at some point.

This is the webpage with hard facts and background info: - Danmarks Indsamling

Other relief organisations have also set up their own pages on connection with the fundraiser. Look for "Danmarks indsamling".

The headline for the fundraiser this year is: Når mor mangler = When mother is missing/when mother is not there.

We wont be home tonight, so I'll leave it to other Danish members to take over from here.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Courtier

the section with mary will be send now if you watch it online
Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Nobility

Article with photo of Princess Mary regarding the fund raising. I believe more money was pledged this year than last. Well done.

Rørt kronprinsesse Mary: Svært at se folk der lider - Royale | www.bt.dk
Old 02-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Indeed it did. Some 87 million DKK and a record so far. Last year 70-someting million were raised.

DR1 has uploaded the entire show here: Danmarks Indsamling 2014 - Når mor mangler - 01. feb. 2014 | DR1 | DR
Mary is shown in a video lasting a couple of minutes at 03:29:15.
(Thanks MaggieDenmark, for posting you heads-up here, otherwise I would never have been able to find it without watching the entire show. ).

Mary says among other things: When mother is missing the chances of the child surviving deminishes. Certainly the chances making it to a decent life is deminished.
She also said that even small donations help.

The Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary Foundation donated 150.000 DKK.

1£ = 9 DKK.
1€ =7.5 DKK.
1 $ = 5.5 DKK.
(Roughly).
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

We watched the entire show and the clip with Mary was a fine and quite touching clip. DR had several touching (also some quite beautiful) clips along the way. We for example got to experience a woman bringing a life into the world. The two hosts had visited countries as well - Louise Wolff in Cambodia and Nikolaj Koppel and his daughter in Nepal. They appeared in small clips as well telling about their experiences. During the show there was also shown several small clips with Mary talking about her experiences in Myanmar before the longer clip was shown further into the show. In the small clips Mary told among other things that both she and Frederik is proud to be patrons of the show and that it's a beautiful thing the entire Denmark gather together to help others in need.

Kongehuset.dk has now published the longest clips from the show on their website:
VIDEO: H.K.H. Kronprinsesse besøger Myanmar - Kongehuset

Full translation of what Mary says in the clip:

"I think it's a very appropriate and very very important theme that has been chosen this year. And I'm incredibly happy that it is precisely this theme. When mother is missing disappear or at least decrease the child's chance of survival and its ability to create a better life.
It's hard to look at people who are suffering under the circumstances and these fates which they have been assigned in life.

One should not underestimate how much a little bit of financial support can mean. A good example is a woman who has been given the opportunity to start up a small green shop and she earns probably 3-4 kroner per day with it, but it's just enough to supplement the emergency relief she gets.

There is much discussion about; does this help means anything? But I can only say that everything I have experienced, to see someone get the right help, the right supportive hand, they will embrace it and create something good for them and their families."

Both Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's Fundation donated money to the show.

The clip viewed directly from the show:
Danmarks Indsamling 2014 - Når mor mangler - 01. feb. 2014 | DR1 | DR

Article from BB about the Crown Prince Couple's donation:
Kronprinsesse Mary donerede også til Danmarks Indsamling | Billed Bladet

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages, princess mary patron of the danish refugee council, the danish refugee council