Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Mental Health Fund: 2005 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
From Imagine Scandinavia:

Crown Princess Mary on her way to a meeting with the Psychiatry foundation in Copenhagen. January 18, 2005

Attachments

• mary2.jpeg
    mary2.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 520
  • mary3.jpeg
    mary3.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 814
  • mary4.jpeg
    mary4.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 465
  • mary5.jpeg
    mary5.jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 456
  • mary6.jpeg
    mary6.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 640
  • mary7.jpeg
    mary7.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 432
  • mary8.jpeg
    mary8.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 518
  • mary9.jpeg
    mary9.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 691
  • mary10.jpeg
    mary10.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 605
  • mary1.jpeg
    mary1.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 478
Fabulous Mary! She looks really great, warm and happy with a glow around her. Thanks for the pics.

So this was just a meeting she attended and not a normal official event? She looks kinda casual. But I do agree, she looks very happy and seems to be fitting into her role as Crown Princess of Denmark! I am so proud of her!!!:)

Gattica 28

GrandDuchess said:
Fabulous Mary! She looks really great, warm and happy with a glow around her. Thanks for the pics.
She looks fabulous. Glow? Hmmm...could it be that there's a little one on the way?

Mary looks gorgeous i like what she wore ^___^ She misses what she wears which is cool she doesn't wear matching skirt with matching coat with matching hat hhahahahaha

mary looked good, but i didnt get what shew as weraing, everything was nice, but didnt think they matched nicely

I have a stupid question--why do you suppose she wore hats all summer long and now that it's winter time she has rarely worn them? Do I simply not understand the protocol of when hats are a go and when a no-go?

May 13, 2005: Mary visited a school in Copenhagen in connection with the Danish Mental Health Fund.

Attachments

• ch132611_guest.jpg
    ch132611_guest.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 563
  • ch132612_guest.jpg
    ch132612_guest.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 667
  • ch132610_guest.jpg
    ch132610_guest.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 564
Sept 10 2005 Mary attending a conference on World Suicide Prevention Day".

Photo: Polfoto

Attachments

• Pic_1.jpg
    Pic_1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,408
Last edited:
Two more pictures of Crown Princess Mary today at the conference held by The Danish Mental Health Fund, The World Health Organisation and The Society for Education and Research in Suicide Prevention at Rigshospitalet (The National Hospital) marking the World Suicide Prevention Day. From Polfoto.

Attachments

• ch140894_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch140894_guest.jpg.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 567
  • ch140895_guest.jpg.jpg
    ch140895_guest.jpg.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 542
Another pic of Mary from the Suicide Prevention Conference, September 10, 2005

www.bt.dk

Attachments

• 300394_large.jpg
    300394_large.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 737
pdas1201 said:

www.bt.dk

Many thanks for the beautiful photo of Crown Princess Mary. I really love her outfit - very elegant, chic and pretty.

Mary carries her pregnancy with grace and ease. She seems to have a very healthy pregnancy.

She is one of the busiest pregnant princess. She is non-stop working and has managed to carry out a great deal amount of engagements, without having to cancel any of them.

No wonder Mary's beloved husband, Crown Prince Frederik and her mother-in-law QMII are so proud of Mary!

Well done, Mary!

Linda, you are spot on as usual.
I really love Mary in black and white, and in this casual outfit she looks quite lovely. Is the jacket the one she wore during the tour of Denmark that she and Fred made after their honeymoon, but with black stitching on the edge now? Do you remember - she held it together with a gorgeous heart shaped brooch in what looked like emeralds and diamonds?

pdas1201 said:

www.bt.dk

Great to see Mary's participation in this meaningful conference as well. This is a very great cause. I am so happy that Mary supports this field.

Keep on the good work, Mary! You are doing a great job as Crown Princess of Denmark. I really admire Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication to her role. Denmark is very lucky to have such a Crown Princess!!!!!!

Last edited:
Some more, the pics are from ISIFA, she left several times to feed her son, who was staying at a hotel near by with his nanny. I think she is wearing the same pantsuit from Hugo Boss she wore in New York

Attachments

• dgdfgtyuturyrytr.jpg
    dgdfgtyuturyrytr.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 540
  • wrwqrwe.jpg
    wrwqrwe.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 418
  • ertert.jpg
    ertert.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,069
  • eterte.jpg
    eterte.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 986
  • rtyrtyre.jpg
    rtyrtyre.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 993
  • ikuyki.jpg
    ikuyki.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,096
More pics from yesterday. Prince Christian also was there together with his nanny
PPE
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ [URL=http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=46tt.jpg]
46tt.th.jpg
[/URL]
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/ http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Larzen said:
Some more, the pics are from ISIFA, she left several times to feed her son, who was staying at a hotel near by with his nanny.

How long was the meeting? Isn't it kinda distracting the purpose of the visit when the photographers seem to chase Christian also, and the princess has to left several time to see her baby?

purple_platinum said:
How long was the meeting? Isn't it kinda distracting the purpose of the visit when the photographers seem to chase Christian also, and the princess has to left several time to see her baby?

The meeting was 7 hours.

purple_platinum said:
I agree. It's not that unhealthy for Christian to be bottlefed mother's milk once in a while, considering how healthy he's looked in most pictures, and if Mary commits to something at this point, I think she should be fully committed, instead of popping out regularly to feed the baby.

It's nice that she wants to be close to him, but it is possible to bottle mother's milk for occasions like this. (And then, if parental guidance is needed for the feeding, maybe have Frederik feed him the bottle when Mary can't?)

I just think that if Mary has accepted and is present at an event, she should be there as much as possible, and not have to divide her time. She has a nanny and a husband.

norwegianne said:
I agree. It's not that unhealthy for Christian to be bottlefed mother's milk once in a while, considering how healthy he's looked in most pictures, and if Mary commits to something at this point, I think she should be fully committed, instead of popping out regularly to feed the baby.

It's nice that she wants to be close to him, but it is possible to bottle mother's milk for occasions like this. (And then, if parental guidance is needed for the feeding, maybe have Frederik feed him the bottle when Mary can't?)

I just think that if Mary has accepted and is present at an event, she should be there as much as possible, and not have to divide her time. She has a nanny and a husband.

I think you're missing the point, it's a matter of being unable to last seven hours (the length of this event) without expelling the milk from the breast. A lot of women who return to work after maternity leave and are still breast feeding have portable breast pumps to expel the milk from their breast at three/four hour intervals because they cannot last until they go home to feed their babies. Breast feeding is not like a tap you can turn on and off at will. The alternative would be for the organizers to provide Mary with a private room that she can slip into to collect milk. :cool:

Mandy said:
I think you're missing the point, it's a matter of being unable to last seven hours (the length of this event) without expelling the milk from the breast. A lot of women who return to work after maternity leave and are still breast feeding have portable breast pumps to expel the milk from their breast at three/four hour intervals because they cannot last until they go home to feed their babies. Breast feeding is not like a tap you can turn on and off at will. The alternative would be for the organizers to provide Mary with a private room that she can slip into to collect milk. :cool:

As I am sure many mothers can add to what Mandy has stated...if Mary doesn't release the milk can't it build up and cause problems? From what I understand from my nursing friends...the milk is just like the baby and gets set on a time table.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
As I am sure many mothers can add to what Mandy has stated...if Mary doesn't release the milk can't it build up and cause problems?

Not really, what happens is that the hormone oxytocin along with other ones stop producing any milk. There is no problem in her not breastfeeding. Many women used to do it in the past. For the baby it can be good to build his immunity however.

Kelly said:
Not really, what happens is that the hormone oxytocin along with other ones stop producing any milk. There is no problem in her not breastfeeding. Many women used to do it in the past. For the baby it can be good to build his immunity however.

I am sure its different for each nursing mother. For one of my girlfriends..if she didn't pump or feed at a certain time, her breast became sore and it was extremely painful.

Zonk1189 said:
I am sure its different for each nursing mother. For one of my girlfriends..if she didn't pump or feed at a certain time, her breast became sore and it was extremely painful.

I also had a friend who's breasts became very painful if she didn't feed/pump at regular intervals. The event was seven hours long. While I agree her popping in and out might have been distracting, at least Mary was there and smiling. This kind of situation might be ongoing for a couple of months.

soCal girl said:
I also had a friend who's breasts became very painful if she didn't feed/pump at regular intervals. The event was seven hours long. While I agree her popping in and out might have been distracting, at least Mary was there and smiling. This kind of situation might be ongoing for a couple of months.
I agree. I think it was fine that Mary was there for the entire session as far as possible and tried to fulfil her nursing obligations in between.
I once had to leave a 40 years birthday party because the mere thought of my then 7 months old daughter at home resulted in a totally wet blouse. That wouldn't do for royals :)

Jo of Palatine said:
Is this Peter Heering on of the "Cherry Heering"-family? Cherry Heering is a Danish cherry liqueur which is a classic in the bars for cocktails and the most important ingredient of the famous "Singapore Sling"- cocktail which was invented at the "Raffles"-hotel in Singapore but is now a world classic.
Just wondering?
I'm pretty sure that it is Jo. The wife of the present Peter Heering (there seems to one in every generation) is one of queen Margrethe's very good friends, Susanne Heering. She runs her own ballet school and QMII has many times helped her doing the scenography, costume drawings etc. Through the years, there has been some pictures in the media of QMII after ballet performances at that school, sometimes with QMII wearing flower wreaths around her head .

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly said:

There is a bit more to that, especially in the early months as with CP Mary. Baby depends on mother for nourishment and mother depends on baby to extract the milk. My understanding is that 30% of breastfeeding women end up with mastitis at some point which is pretty nasty. Or you could get plugged ducts which is painful and can lead to mastitis if not treated. As the baby gets older the breastfeeding decreases and the mother can go for longer periods without having to extract the breastmilk. It's a gradual process. And yes, it's the best thing for baby's immunity!

Kronprinsesse Mary indvier Psykiatrisk Sygehus
Kronprinsesse Mary (t.h.) deltog fredag som protektor for PsykiatriFonden og Landsforeningen SIND i den officielle indvielse af de nye bygninger på Psykiatrisk Sygehus i Helsingør. Til venstre ses amtsborgmester Jørgen Christensen og i midten kronprinsesse Marys hofdame Caroline Heering. Bygningerne er designet af Bjarke Ingels, PLOT. (Kim Agersten/POLFOTO)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

Adry said:
Kronprinsesse Mary indvier Psykiatrisk Sygehus
Kronprinsesse Mary (t.h.) deltog fredag som protektor for PsykiatriFonden og Landsforeningen SIND i den officielle indvielse af de nye bygninger på Psykiatrisk Sygehus i Helsingør. Til venstre ses amtsborgmester Jørgen Christensen og i midten kronprinsesse Marys hofdame Caroline Heering. Bygningerne er designet af Bjarke Ingels, PLOT. (Kim Agersten/POLFOTO)
What event is this? I love her outfit. That color of blue is a great color for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom