Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Heart Association: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going against the trend here but I can't stand that style of hat.

I like the hat, but not with that outfit. IMO, that style of hat is very casual and is meant to be worn with jeans or something like that. I don't think it goes well with that coat. I like the hat and I like the coat, just not together.

Attachments

• 828145-b84fddc61850ceb1c8be286026dd5b03.jpg
    828145-b84fddc61850ceb1c8be286026dd5b03.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 641
  • 828146-babe03254cd5aa85436fa25d5b4df4fd.jpg
    828146-babe03254cd5aa85436fa25d5b4df4fd.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 642
  • 828147-58e897967cb977c277dc25a8590d9dc7.jpg
    828147-58e897967cb977c277dc25a8590d9dc7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 634
  • 828148-53fa843bf60a429ebe54a5d733825dcf.jpg
    828148-53fa843bf60a429ebe54a5d733825dcf.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 651
  • 828161-262f9dca50330b52d3e3604f80ea1643.jpg
    828161-262f9dca50330b52d3e3604f80ea1643.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 331
Isabella said:
I like the hat, but not with that outfit. IMO, that style of hat is very casual and is meant to be worn with jeans or something like that. I don't think it goes well with that coat. I like the hat and I like the coat, just not together.

I so agree with you , it is a casual hat not a formal one !!
not like Mary to get things wrong. but the colour so suits her!

Last edited:
So stylish today Mary!! Great outfit!! :)
A wonderful patronage for Mary to have

The hat it's very stylish. I like it. It´s my kind of hat

I agree with you, Isabella. I also think the hat is more for appropriate for casual outfits. But I love the coat together with her dark hair! Wonderful. I am very excited to see her clothes this weekend in Sweden.

It is my opinion that HRH Mary, Princess of Denmark, is one of the most beautiful princesses in the world. She brings out her femininity in every outfit she wears and event she attends. I do agree that with the pampered life she has, it is very easy to look your best and relaxed all the time. But, some women just have a certain beauty that no matter what they wear, they look good. Best example: Princess Grace of Monaco. I don't like the thread about what is bothering about Princess Mary and her husband. Nothing bothers me about them. They have a priviledge life and some of us just don't. Oh well! I rather spend my time enjoying seen the photos than criticizing them.
miraglia1983

Well, Mary is letting me down with these last two outfits, and the previous three were so lovely! I hate the hat . . . more appropriate for boutique shopping. I guess I am very old fashioned, I like beautfiully tailored suits and traditional hats on princesses at formal engagements.

So far I have to say that for recent engagements, the wine colored suit, the cream colored one following it, and also light colored suit that she wore at the Children's Institute rank high - the last two rank low.

I think the outfit is very suitable to wear and the hat is adorable. It goes very nicely with the pants she is wearing.

the coat is a bit boring, she should have wore it with a scarve. The hat is very nice, but it would have looked better with her hanging pearls. the earring she is wearing now, are a bit boring with this outfit.

Very good choice for that event! It fits for her. Its elegant, original and modern.

hmm.. some mixed reactions..
I personally love her recent outfit. Perhaps the hat is a bit informal, but it suit her really well. I don't think the event was really "that" formal to prevent her to wear that kind of hat. The colour combination is beautiful, it's simple & chic.

I love Mary's whole outfit. It's very stylish & mod. The neutral coat looks great with her dark hair and colouring. I also love the coat with her trousers. It's not too formal but still elegant.

Here you have my translation of HRH Crown Princess Mary's speech at the opening of the Heart Week on April 27:

Speech given by HRH Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark at the opening of the Heart Week on April 27, 2006.

We must take care of the hearts of the Danes.
Each of us must. And we must do so together. Both in helping each other to prevent heart disease, and in helping those who have already fallen ill.
This year’s Heart Week reminds us that heart diseases are sadly still the most common cause of death in Denmark. Every third Dane is struck and killed by a cardiovascular disease. This is a grave and painful message.
Today, we mark the opening of this year’s Heart Week with a present for all of those willing to help. Both to those who wants to help themselves and to those who want to help others.
”The heart cars” are a new health initiative, meant to make it easier to remember the health of the heart in everyday life.
As of today, ”the heart cars” will drive around the country and meet people where they go about and meet. This might be at the market or at the stadium and not least, at places of work.
“The heart cars” will visit Danish cities and Danish work places with the help to prevent cardiac disorders in everyday life. In this way, the cars are a gift to all Danes.
The gift comes from the Danish Heart Association and from Codan Care who has made the initiative possible though their sponsorship. Other companies also support the good idea.
The cause of fighting heart disease depends on far-seeing companies seeing it as their task to take responsibility for the public health by giving support to both the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
In “the heart cars”, we have all received an important tool for promoting cardiac health every day. It is my hope that enterprises and employees around the country will welcome the cars, and avail themselves of the fine offer that they are.
I am happy to be able to declare this year’s Heart Week open by letting the first “heart cars” drive out on duty.
Finally, I would like to wish all of those who, together or individually, help fighting cardiovascular diseases a very happy “Heart Week”.

i guess the hat is not that appropriate but nice coat indeed!

I thought it was either Janet Jackson or Britney Spears. IMO not a very appropriate hat. Lovely but not for a princess...

How is a hat "inappropriate?" Maybe a micro miniskirt or a cleavage exposing blouse. But a hat?

I find the hat is very nice, refreshing, there is not anymore the ultra elegant and conservative way of dressing, not even for royals. Specially for the young princesses that need to address younger generations. Young people wont be any interested in royalty if they dont find them appealing. I think Mary is a woman that knows how to dress according to the occasion and dont see any reason of why this hat can be inapropiated for her on this occasion.

Roxsteve said:
I thought it was either Janet Jackson or Britney Spears. IMO not a very appropriate hat. Lovely but not for a princess...

it was appropiate for the ocassion, it wasn't a State Dinner!:D

I like the hat, it suits Mary and there is nothing wrong in wearing the hat to such an event. Mary is not scared to experiment with fashion.

Stellad

i find mary to be a little boring. i think she trys too hard and i don`t see any individuality in her. maybe she needs to relax a little bit and be herself, that way she could be more interesting. personalities like alexandra and letizia seem to be more real and interesting.

Roxsteve said:

i thought exactly the same. although the whole look was totally lovely (a really nice, clean matching), i would have left that hat at home to wait for an informal situation (a walk with friends, a private visit or perhaps for an official act but with a more informal mood). the coat was really nice. i wonder who may have designed it.

I don't think Mary is boring. She has a touch of mystery that makes her interesting. She doesn't have the robust personality of Maxima, but Mary is a "star" nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom