Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Danish Brain Injury Association: 2005 - 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
20-10-2009 Copenhagen : Princess Mary receives as patron
donations for the brain injury association at Rigshospitalet in
Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Love the second pic, Mary looks beautiful.

Please note: Several posts discussing a possible pregnancy
had to be deleted as that kind of speculation is not allowed
according to the TRF rules.

Thanks for your understanding,
Iceflower
Danish Forum Moderator

31/08 10 H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er som protektor til stede ved Hjerneskadeforeningens 25-års jubilæumsarrangement på Københavns Universitet Amager, Njalsgade 80, 2300 Kbh. S., kl. 12.15.

And in English

H.K.H. Crown Princess as the patron will attended the Brain Injury Association's 25th anniversary event at the Copenhagen University Amager, Njalsgade 80, 2300 Copenhagen S., at. 12:15.

I also love her shoes. Mary doesn't even look pregnant here. Amazing!!!

It seems to early for a leather skirt? then again here in FL its still in the 90's!:eek:

Video from DR

Muhler, could you tanslate?

Sure, but I have problems hearing what is being said due to the backgroundnoise.

Mary was asked what she called the unborn, but she did not fall into any trap, in case she know their gender. Her reply was: "Babies".

She was also asked whether the twins had started to kick around. I could not make out her reply but it was a confirmation that she can feel a bit of movement of some sort.

She looks amazing! You can't tell that she's expecting..and twins beside?!!!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2010.
Nu sparker babyerne - Now the babies are kicking.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Mary visited Copenhagen University where the Brain Injury Association celebrated its 25 anniversary.
The first thing she was asked when she got out of the car was about her pregnancy and she replied: "Yes, there is a bit movement now".
Then she noticed that the flowergirl, Emma, had a small wound above her eye and asked how that had happened and added: "Ooh, but now you look fine again".
Various associations who deals with the problems in connection with brain injuries were also present.
Each year about 15.000 Danes are afflicted to some degree by brain damage. The recovery process and in many cases how to learn to live with it was the topic.
After this little conference it was time for a reception.

And of course she was asked again about her pregnancy when she left.
She explained that Christian and Isabella are getting used to the idea of a couple of siblings on the way: "Yes, gradually. They are more and more interested. Right now they just call the the babies".

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #26, 2012.
Mary fik Else til at græde - Mary had Else burst out in tears.
Written bu Ulrik Ulriksen.

As patron for the Barin Injury Association Mary visited Glostrup Hospital (located in Copenhagen) and here she was met with the flower-lady, in the shape of Else Weiss, age 67, who has been severely affected by the latest of altogether three blodcloths - the last one was really bad!
When Else Weiss presented Mary with the flowers: "Welcome, Your Royal Highness", she becan to cry and that visibly moved Mary.

Mary said afterwards bout the meeting: "It was a strong experience to meet her and the other patients. A very strong experience. They do their best in order to get quickly over their situation and have the best possible outcome from the illness they have been through".

Mary was taken for a tour of the hospital, which very much deals with people suffering from among other things apoplexia.

Mary said: "It has been a very interesting forenoon. I have experienced a ward where apoplexia-cases are treated. And there are about 12.000 of such cases in Denmark every year. I have today experienced the whole course of treatment here at Glostrup Hospital, from when you arrive and to the rehabillitation ward, where patients with onesided paralazys (*) and with difficulty with speech are treated professionally".

Else Weiss, who is suffering from partial paralazys and which she is struggelling to regain said after the visit: "It was an experience like no ther to meet the Crown Princess. She was completely natural and relaxed and she recogniced me when she came into the training room (rehabillitation). She said: - hej, hej - (**), when she saw me and again when she left. And that alone that she said hi to me, means an incredibly lot to me.
When she visited me in the retraining room, she asked me how I trained and what methods I used. I showed her and when I was done with the excersize "fyssen" (***) said to me, that I had to do ten more.
The Crown Princess caught that remark and when she was leaving the training-room to go home, she looked straight at me and smiled, while she said: Good training... and then do ten more, Else. That showed that the Crown Princess had been attantive when we spoke together. And that felt good for me".

(*) Left or right side of the body, depending on the bloodcloth.

(**) Hej = Hi, an informal greeting. "Hej, hej" is in this context even more informal and a very friendly greeting. Most commonly used by good friends and between parents and smaller children.

(***) Short for fysioterapeut = physiotherapeut.

Last edited:

Yesterday evening, March 16, Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Danish Brain Injury Association attended the gala premiere of the movie 'Concussion' in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

And Countess Alexandra also attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Indeed, Ilse.

They were there as patrons for in Mary's case the the Brain Injury Association, and for Countess Alexandra for the Parkinsons Association.
Here is a BB video: VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary og grevinde Alexandra til premiere sammen | BILLED-BLADET

It's no secret that Alexandra's Danish is perfect. However, I still find it impressive that even her accent is almost imperceptible even though she's been here for many years.
I have noticed very often that native English speakers continue to have a pronounced accent no matter how many years they've been here. Presumably it has something to do with the different sounds of the languages.

Last edited:
They were there as patrons for in Mary's case the the Brain Injury Association, and for Countess Alexandra for the Parkinsons Association..

And also as patron of 'Hjernesagen'.

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Indeed, Ilse.

They were there as patrons for in Mary's case the the Brain Injury Association, and for Countess Alexandra for the Parkinsons Association.
Here is a BB video: VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary og grevinde Alexandra til premiere sammen | BILLED-BLADET

It's no secret that Alexandra's Danish is perfect. However, I still find it impressive that even her accent is almost imperceptible even though she's been here for many years.
I have noticed very often that native English speakers continue to have a pronounced accent no matter how many years they've been here. Presumably it has something to do with the different sounds of the languages.

Yes, and some people just really have a skill for languages. Alexandra clearly does!

Is this a documentary she went to see, or a work of fiction?

On a more superficial note, I LOVE it when Mary gets her old clothes out of the closet again. Well, these 'old' clothes were of course expensive Prada wear, worn only a couple of times :) I woudn't repeat the boots with this one though. Mary from the start: blue skirt2

:previous: And a summerly* CP Mary has arrived...

She really is a lovely and hard working Crown Princess! Her popularity is well deserved.

**Denmark has it's second summer these weeks. We have sunny days with 25-28 degress. It's very rare in September month. But absolutely enjoyable!

The Danish Royal Family is already out with some great HQ pictures on their website:

This picture is wonderfully contagious of Mary and one of the visiters :wub:
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...w/public/2_polfoto_57095863.jpg?itok=G6HXd34I
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/...w/public/1_polfoto_57095860.jpg?itok=ofegnFin

(Last time Dagcentret Strødammen had a royal visit was in back in 1967 where Queen Ingrid visited it)
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/styles/slideshow/public/polfoto_57095880.jpg?itok=qxrI4kWU

Thanks for all the warmly pictures from Mary's visit today :)

At the DRF's Facebook a woman from today's visit writes:

"A fantastic day for my husband, she (Mary) gave all the users of the center a handshake.
She's so natural and autentic."

ADDED
And one of the more charming/funny comments:

"A very nice day at my workplace. Crown Princess Mary made the day perfect with her empathetic presence.
I was so delighted that I bowed without saying a word, ��❤️"

For everyone who knows Mary this is no surprise:

Actually, the visit was only scheduled to last one hour....
- But Crown Princess Mary was here almost for one and a half hour. It was absolutely fantastic. It went beyond all expectations, telling a really happy leader of Strødammens Center, Thomas Brædstrup-Holm to TV2 Lorry.
- She was simply just so present. She took good time to all, and they were even allowed to take a selfie with her, says Thomas Brædstrup-Holm.

Video from the tv2 evening news at 19.30:
Kronprinsesse Mary på dagcenter | TV 2 Lorry

TV2 video on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/tv2lorry.dk/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

(If you somehow should be in doubt about how very popular Mary is? Just read the comments ;) )

"Mary is the DRF's most beautiful rose. She simply beams. She is happy, present, and incredibly hardworking. And then she just get prettier and prettier. A star of a crown princess. That's what she is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom