The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I think she should wear something below the jacket, I really don't like to see a jacket with nothing inside it!
are you talking about the red jacket ? beacuse if so, in this picture it looks like she is wearing a black skirt - picture

Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I watched a small clip of her speech, and I love listening to her speak in Danish. It's truly amazing how utterly proficient in the language she is. I know she has to be obviously, but she speaks it so fast and with so much ease.....she makes ME want to learn it!
Where can I see this little clip? i am sorry if it was posted before, I didn't find it.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I think she should wear something below the jacket, I really don't like to see a jacket with nothing inside it!
She's wearing either a black dress or a black blouse and skirt underneath the coat.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Mary looks really great in red, she's very beautiful.

MUM-TO-BE MARY HELPS KIDS BECOME BETTER BUDDIES

Quote:
With one hand resting gently on her growing bump and the other cuddling a furry teddy-bear, an expectant Princess Mary was the epitome of motherhood as she attended the launch of a new anti-bullying campaign in her adopted homeland of Denmark.
The caring Aussie-born royal, who is already international patron of a similar Australian scheme, had gone along to promote the Save the Children Better Buddies programme, an initiative which aims to stamp out bullying in Danish schools and kindergartens by teaching children to care about other kids.
Pictures:
Princess Mary
Princess Mary 2
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Princess Mary looks really great in red, she's very beautiful.

MUM-TO-BE MARY HELPS KIDS BECOME BETTER BUDDIES

Pictures:
Princess Mary
Princess Mary 2
That's such a good cause. Bullying is something that is not normally in the nation's consciousness and it helps to have a visible member of the royal family to help highlight it.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:47 AM

Princess Marry_Rtl Exclusive Weekend video

Video and screencaps posted with permission of Rtl

Princess Marry_Rtl Exclusive Weekend video

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Courtier

I love the red coat!! Mary has this glow about her that expecting mothers get. She looked great!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Majesty

From Mary's agenda, here's a short explanation on The Alannah & Madeline Foundation.

TRH The Crown Prince Couple - The Alannah & Madeline Foundation

Still looking for more information.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

The official website of The Alannah and Madeleine Foundation is below:
The Alannah and Madeline Foundation - Childrens Charity
It has all kinds of information about how and why it was started, what it does, how you can donate, events that are being done to benefit the foundation, how you can become a part of the foundation, etc
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Excerpts from article in Billed Bladet #37, 2010.
Mit dejlige møde med Mary - My lovely meeting with Mary.
Written by Hanne Rask.

The TV2 shows, Go Aften Danmark & Go Morgen Danmark, are popular shows dealing with current affairs and topics in Denmark. The viewer rating is high but we rarely see it here at home however. We are either at work, eating or doing something else, when the kids are at school.
The main topic this week has been how to deal with bullying and this ends with an interview with Mary today, Thurday at 18.25 on TV2.
The interview took place in the rooms used by The Mary Foundation in connection with Amalienborg.

The interviewer, Michele Bellaiche has told about the meeting between her and Mary:

"We talked for about an hour. She was very sweet and no, I really wasn't nervous.
It's wrong to say that I'm surprised about the dedication of the Crown Princess. Because then it sounds like I don't think the royals are working. But I must say that I'm really surprised about how genuine her dedication was. I could really sense that Mary meant what she said, something that will be evident in the show. The Crown Princess is really doing an effort in dealing with bullying and it was lovely to experince her authenticity in that respect. Not that I didn't believe that wasn't the case but have really interviewed a lot of people and I can easily tell when there is an interest in something and when there is a big and genuine dedication. It's obvious that bullying is a topic close to the heart of the Crown Princess and that she really wish to make a differece. That was a really lovely experience".
Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

http://go.tv2.dk/fornojelse/article....d-mobning.html
http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-336...n.html?forside
Old 09-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Marika

Well, I taped the interview and it was surprisingly long, almost twenty minuttes.

Most interesting was the details about how she and Frederik bring up their own children.

It's not just about bullying but also about inconsideration.

She told a story where she picked up Christian from kindergarten. There were four boys around him and they would like to come home with him to play. But Christian only picked one boy and Mary noticed the dissapointment in the faces of the other boys.
Christian naturally didn't think about it, he just felt like playing with one boy that day.
So she had a talk with Christian later on, where she told him, that in such a situation he should go to her and she could break the news to the other boys in a more considerate way. (*)

She also talked about the "Stop Song" where you actively say no, when someone is bullying and also how important it is to involve passive bystanders.
She is however not so fanatical, she said with a smile, that she has started to sing that song for the twins. Not before they are born.

It was an interesting glimpse into the mthod of upbringing as practised by the CP Couple.

(*) Not an easy situation for parents to be in. But I somehow disagree with her here, even though I fully applaud her engagement in the issue.
We parents can't always be around to smooth out things between our children and their mates. And we shouldn't, unless needed. Sometimes it's better they learn about social behaviour the hard way, whether they snub someone or feel snubbed themselves.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Commoner

Did anybody have the link to the interview?i can't find it.thanks
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by khxy19 View Post
Did anybody have the link to the interview?i can't find it.thanks
There probably isn't a free link anywhere.

TV2 is a semi-commercial network, so many of their programmes are pay-per-view.

DR1 however is a public service network, so most of their programmes are free.

You would normally find the interview here Go' aften Danmark - 16. september 2010 - Sputnik but TV2 Sputnik apparantly don't have the rights to show the interview.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Factsheet on Mary's involvement with the Alannah and Madeline Foundation; which includes a new picture of the Princess.

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson, patron, patronages