The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-11-2014, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Does anyone know why the children in this photo were behind the fence and not in the crowds outside? It just seems a little strange. I apologise for sounding negative, but curiosity got the better of me so I decided to ask.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Does anyone know why the children in this photo were behind the fence and not in the crowds outside? It just seems a little strange. I apologise for sounding negative, but curiosity got the better of me so I decided to ask.
Roskilde had mentioned in her post that "There wasn't enough room so that all 1,500 children could get close to Mary"
i guess some kids improvised and reach out through the fence

Old 04-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Somewhat eerie pics actually. They reminded me of zombies or that Roman Polanski film about a girl who believe men are reaching out for her from the walls.

However, the-sweetest-pic-of-the-day award must go to the ones of the girl presenting flowers to Mary, which she must have picked herself.

This is the pic I referred to earlier: http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/298/7/2048x-u/7298696-.jpg

Which is scoring high on the aww-ain't-that-sweet scale.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's not really a fence, as you can see in the BB video posted by Muhler, but part of the gallery (?) where Mary was standing.
The children actually were in the crowd outside. Those in the middle of the crowd had free sight and those at the side had that wood construction in front of them.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Nobility

I agree. The young girl looks very genuine and sincere, modestly passing on the flowers she caringly brought with her. She looks very sweet and kind.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you to those who answered my question. I noticed Roskilde's post but I thought she meant inside the school, which is why I asked.

These are my favourite photos from the event:

One ~ Two ~ Three

I love how the little girl just reached up to hug Mary in photo three.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
These are my favourite photos from the event:
Three

I love how the little girl just reached up to hug Mary in photo three.
it was really sweet
Old 04-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are pictures from Mary's first event last Friday

Before she went to the school, she was to a children's concert in the DR city where she danced a little dance with the children. The photographer behind these pictures tells us that she was the only photographer because all the other photographers, unfortunately, got stuck in the same elevator on their way up to their places. It also explains why we've got hundreds of pictures from Mary's second event at the school, but almost no one from her first event. Poor photographers.

http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r....net/o/dr33.jpg
http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r....net/o/dr39.jpg
http://princesdanoisacopenhague.p.r....net/o/dr40.jpg

http://frederiketmary.centerblog.net...ole-complement
Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Mary's school event got much more coverage than Frederik's event on the same day. I wonder why. Is she really that much more popular than he?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMom View Post
Mary's school event got much more coverage than Frederik's event on the same day. I wonder why. Is she really that much more popular than he?
I've heard that Mary is the second most popular member of the DRF after Queen Margrethe, so I would think that's why her event on Friday got more coverage than Frederik's.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Courtier

mary is very popular..and so are frederik..in the polls it is always mary or margrethe or frederik who are in the top..so im pretty sure it all comes down to the event..mary on a school with many happy kids who takes photos and welcome her like was she justin bieber..frederik on the other hand had a more "boring" event if you understand me. when frederik are out to school sport visit or so he gets great coverage just like mary :) just look at when he opened the half marathon :)
Old 10-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Yesterday evening, October 4, Crown Princess Mary as Patron of "School for 200 years" attended the DR's anniversary show at DR's concert hall in Copenhagen celebrating the 200th anniversary of the education act for better municipal primary schools and independent schools for children in rural areas all over Denmark.

** BB: Mary fejrer folkeskolen ** translation **
Old 10-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday evening, October 4, Crown Princess Mary as Patron of "School for 200 years" attended the DR's anniversary show at DR's concert hall in Copenhagen celebrating the 200th anniversary of the education act for better municipal primary schools and independent schools for children in rural areas all over Denmark.

** BB: Mary fejrer folkeskolen ** translation **
Here is another lovely picture
Old 10-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

Thanks.

The woman she walking next to is the Minister for Education.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Wauw. Thanks Dazzling.

I was actually at the subway in front of the DR-town just a few minutes before Mary must have arrived. Unfortunately for me, the train came before Mary
Old 10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

video of the concert
DR2 Tema Live: Den største skoledag | TV | DR
Old 10-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

And again today Mary participates, as patron of "School for 200 years" in a event related to the school 200 years. She participates in these hours in the anniversary activity city walk with a school class in Næstved. The city walk focuses on the city's school history and begin at the church square where they will visit different places for example an old schoolyard.

First pic from Instragram
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...12280209_n.jpg

TV2 east video of Mary arriving in windy weather + plus 12 pictures so far

Video: Mary gik med på skoleudflugt i Næstved | TV ØST

More pictures from Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...116de07b13964a
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...15&oe=54BDA0A6
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...5b07d58aebe1f7

And the obligatory selfie: Mary and Emil
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...6a&oe=54C35A73

Gallery from Royalista with 15 pictures:
Crown Princess Mary takes a rest in giant "storyteller hand"

Notice the bouquet bearing the letters M-a-r-y
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...6a&oe=54B3AD93

Video from sn.dk (In the bottom of the article)
VIDEO: Royalt besøg i Næstved - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Næstved

BB video:
Old 10-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Roskilde.

Here is a 14 pic gallery from BT: Se billederne: Mary på gåtur med skoleklasse | www.bt.dk
Old 10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary visited the Kommuneskole where they celebrate 200 years of education in Naevsted, Denmark, 6 October 2014.
Crownprincess Mary visits Kommuneskole in Naevsted - Monarchy Press Europe

Kronprinsessan Mary tog på sig höstkappan | Åsas kungliga Europa
Old 10-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Nobility

She looks arrogant and pretentious.