Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (2005-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've moved this remark from accent thread to fashion thread. Although Mary is patron of Danish Fashion so to say, I wonder why she misses out on promoting danish fashion on high profile events like the Monaco wedding where Mary turned up in a Prada dress.

I wont say she has to dress danish only but I feel compared to earlier years Mary very often choses international labels at cost of danish designs that would get priceless promotion at events the world media is watching.

I may not be the right one to comment on that. I will however point out that Mary did wear at least one dress by a Danish designer. The dress at the party after the wedding was by David Andersen. - I've never heard about that designer before though.

I've moved this remark from accent thread to fashion thread. Although Mary is patron of Danish Fashion so to say, I wonder why she misses out on promoting danish fashion on high profile events like the Monaco wedding where Mary turned up in a Prada dress.

I wont say she has to dress danish only but I feel compared to earlier years Mary very often choses international labels at cost of danish designs that would get priceless promotion at events the world media is watching.

I guess it is unfair to judge from the Prada dress. Mary tends to mix designers Danish and not when abroad, whatever the event is. Throughout the years Mary has done a great job promoting Danish designers and she still does. What I do like about Mary is that she does not stick to one particular Danish designer, but goes for new ones like the designer who made her dress for the gala event in Monaco. I don't expect Mary to wear only Danish designers abroad. Since she has balanced it nicely IMO then I don't mind who she wears to what event.

So, roughly how many Danish designers are there in Denmark ?

Are any of them well-known ?

So, roughly how many Danish designers are there in Denmark ?

Are any of them well-known ?

I dont know how many but By Malene Birger is quite know around the world so is DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN.

I guess it is unfair to judge from the Prada dress. Mary tends to mix designers Danish and not when abroad, whatever the event is. Throughout the years Mary has done a great job promoting Danish designers and she still does. What I do like about Mary is that she does not stick to one particular Danish designer, but goes for new ones like the designer who made her dress for the gala event in Monaco. I don't expect Mary to wear only Danish designers abroad. Since she has balanced it nicely IMO then I don't mind who she wears to what event.

She also promotes Danish jewellry, VERY well.

For the second consecutive season, Princess Mary will not be attending CIFF fashion week. While Mary's absence earlier this year was understandable- she was pregnant/had just given birth to twins- this year's absence is unexplained.

Billed-Bladet states that CPH Vision PR & Marketing Manager Natasha Skou was irritated by this cancellation. Skou states

We hope, of course - as we do every season - to HRH Crown Princess Mary will be able to attend to the Designers 'Nest Show & Award next season, because there is no doubt that it spreads joy among designers and gives Designers' Nest attention internationally, says Natasha Skou, adding:

-​
It is after all a fantastic experience for the winner to be awarded its Designers' Nest price of none other than HRH Crown Princess Mary. And the value of HRH Crown Princess Mary bring to our Award and the show has helped young designers invaluable much and that the Designers' Nest has been recognized internationally, said Skou to bt.dk .

While Princess Mary has sent her apologies, the Court has declined to comment as to why exactly Mary will not be attending.

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Mary melder igen afbud til modeugen

Last edited:
Mary is the perfect choice to promote Danish Fashion the world over!

She always looks good!

If I was a Danish designer I would be giving her clothes for free --- surely no-one could be unhappy about such an arrangement... the Royals would spend less (on clothes) & Denmark Fashion Houses could get free exposure!

..Lovely Lady, looking Good - Denmark should be proud!;)

For the second consecutive year, Princess Mary will not be attending CIFF fashion week. While Mary's absence last year was understandable- she was pregnant with twins- this year's absence is unexplained

It's not the second year she doesn't attend, but second "season" this year. She attended CIFF August last year when she was pregnant.

*** Maybe having twins + 2 other little kids is enough of an explanation?

*** Maybe having twins + 2 other little kids is enough of an explanation?

Maybe not? Mary has already done several official events after birth, is able to do photoshoots and to go on holiday while staff is looking after the children.

I find it disappointing that she doesnt go without an explaination and I hope when Mary is back to full engagements there will be less Prada and more Danish fashion.

It is so boring to see when Mary wears Prada, there are lots of pics on the forum of celebrities having worn the same dress as well as models on the catwalk. And then I see Mary after 4 kids and think, why does she have to squeeze herself into such celebrity dresses without having the catwalk or celebrity body to make it look as spectacular?

My opinion might not be popular and before other posters will jump on me let me clarify that I think that Mary's body is good for her age & situation but she needs to adjust her wardrobe & dressing style accordingly.

My opinion might not be popular and before other posters will jump on me let me clarify that I think that Mary's body is good for her age & situation but she needs to adjust her wardrobe & dressing style accordingly.[/QUOTE]
:previous:
It may not be popular, but it is your opinion, you own it ... I believe that we are all entitled to our opinions and if we express them with good intentions, (as I believe you did), then no-one should read anything negative in them!;)

Maybe Mary is 'easing' her way back to a full schedule, while it will be dissappointing for the events she doesn't get back to yet; It is better than missing an important milestone in a Baby (or Babies) day.
... IMO ... of course!:lol:

Last edited:
Dansk mode slår eksport-rekord - Fashion & design | www.business.dk

The Danish export is booming, there is a clear rise, despite the current crisis.

In 2010 the export increased by 11.4 % amounting to 21.8 billion DKK. (Roughly 3.8 billion US $).

The figures for 2011 are now emerging and the export is still on the rise, even though only half of the fashion companies have increased their sale, the other half has stagnated.
East Asia is now to be targeted for export.

--------------

On another and more curious note.

Here you can dress Mary (and other royals) up: Crown Princess Mary - Stardoll | English

Very funny dress up doll site, Muhler. Typical female, I just couldn't decide what to choose! :)

With regards to fashion exports, what would be the top 5 Danish labels/designers who target exports?

Quite a look on Mary, I'm impressed how she was able to pull it off well and look fashionable in a very appropriate way. Make up is lovely but unclose too powdery. I enjoy seeing Mary at such events, her style seems to always go that extra mile.

I was notice that she has more wrinkles and her skin looks older than for 40 years old women :) IMO :)

Last edited by a moderator:
she look very Elegant and the color she wore is very nice like her very much :flowers:

I think Princess Mary she have amazing color eyes :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mary looks like attractive well-groomed 40-year-old lady, she has clear-out features and charming smile:flowers: I love her ponytail hairstyle and earrings.

It's so nice to see her out at this event this year. I really missed seeing her at last years fashion week, what with being on maternity leave and all. She seems happy to be there.

I was notice that she has more wrinkles and her skin looks older than for 40 years old women :) IMO :)

Are you seriously getting enjoyment out of another woman ageing?

I hope this forum doesnt go down this path Mary is a lovely woman and has a beautiful smile lets not waste posts on wrinkle counting and concentrate on the wonderful aspects of this woman's life the fact that she is a loving caring mother wife sister and daughter. I would feel very sad that Mary would feel so scrutinised at this stage of her life that she may not smile with such ease with the fear of scrutiny of this nature.
She is 4o years old with 4 children and she looks amazing she is not going to look or dress like a 20 year old forever.:sad:

I really love the green on her its very flattering to her colouring.

Thanks for the pics, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #06, 2012.
Written by Anna Johannesen, Ulrik Ulriksen & Liz Rørsig.

Mary was busy during the fashion week.
She revealed the award winner at ECCO Walk in Style Award 2012.
The winner was the Dutch journalist, Hadassah de Boer.
The conferencier was the eternally optimistic Ole Henriksen.

Mary wore white trousers and a jacket in wool and silk and a black lace top underneath, all from Malene Birger.
Her shoes were from Prada and her clutch from Club Monaco.

At Disigners Nest the PET officers stood out by being the most well dressed gentlemen present.
Mary wore a black coat with fur trimmings, I think it's called, from Norwegian Henning Olesen.
Mary presented an award to Louise Sigvardt from the design school in Kolding.

Then it was off to the Bella Centre for the CIFF fashion fair. Where the PET officers didn't stand out - for once.
Here she watched a show on the catwalk and has a look around. Of particular interest to Mary was the Hummel stand, where she took a keen interest in children's shoes. Delighting Christian Stail who was in charge of that stand. (He's the bald gentleman with the Elton John sized glasses).

Then it was off to Furom for another exhibition at the Gallery Fair. Here she had a long chat with Trine Skoller, daughter of the friend of the DRF, Eddie Skoller. Trine Skoller is behind the Stella Nova brand.
Mary had by now put away her coat, and she was seen wearing a green blouse from Malene Birger.

A video of Mary opening the Copenhagen Fashion Summit and giving a speech: VIDEO: Mary bnede modebranchens topmde - TV 2 Nyhederne

I see she took the barge (chalup) from Amalienborg to the Opera, where the summit is taking place right now.
There will be another event in a couple of hours and this evening will end with a dinner at 20.00. - All of that taking place at the Opera.

The fashion industy is among the most polluting industries in the world and that's what this summit is about.
There is good money in being environmentally sound - and even more money in being branded as environmentally friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom