Crown Princess Mary as Patron of Research Day: 2006 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stellad said:
She looks good in red.

Stellad

I thought it was hot pink..the Same dress HRH wore to the Christening of a friends child.

"MII"

She seems very comfortable with her duties and all the things she does make me be sure she'll be a GOOD QUEEN

*She looks fab ;)

She looks very pretty! She wore her favourite Hat again! :) she wore this one several times ago.

outfit

I don't like her dress she wore in Odense. It is kind of old fashioned and out-of-style. But I do like her shoes and hat.
I was wondering what do royals do with their outfit? They hardly ever wear the same so I can't imagine how much space they need to store them :):p!

Timoka

charlottestreasures said:
It would have been nice to see a photo of her and her father together at this event.

I guess that would have been nice but why would her father be there? Mary was awarding the Research Communication Prize and I don't think her father would have been needed. If anyone else were to go with her it should have been Frederick.

he was there i saw a photo of him going into the building, but i haven't seen 1 of them together.

bbb said:
he was there i saw a photo of him going into the building, but i haven't seen 1 of them together.

I didn't know Mary's father was there. Does anybody know why?

John Donaldson isn't there just as Mary's father but participates as a scientist and professor of applied mathematics. He will make a speech at the official opening and talk about the importance of mathematics in the new environment of the global community.

They also visited the research centre together.

On another site I seen a nice photo of her father bending down to talk with her while she was sitting at a table.

Okay, that makes more sense. :) Thanks for clearing it up bbb and charlottestreasures.

my pleasure socalgirl
the color is beautiful, the dress is a disaster and the shoes are to die for.
i don't understand danish, how'd she do on her speech? (prolly gonna be sorry i asked lol)

Adry said:
HRH The Crown Princess, as patron of the Research Communication Prize, takes part in the opening of Research Day 2006 in Odense. May 5th/2006
What is Research Day exactly? What happens?

robby86 said:
What is Research Day exactly? What happens?

Hope this helps you :)

Research Day is an annual national event intended to arouse public interest in and enhance public understanding of the methods, processes and outcome of research. Research Day 2006 will be launched on Friday 5th May 2006 at twelve o’clock noon and will last until noon on Saturday 6th May. This year’s slogan is: “In Search of the Future”.

Research Day is an invitation to researchers, research institutions, and research-based enterprises who are encouraged to tell the general public about their current activities and show them what they are working at right now in an exciting and untraditional way. Research Day is an opportunity to focus on the good stories from the world of research.

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary is patroness of Research Day.

www.forskningensdoegn.dk

timoka said:
I don't like her dress she wore in Odense. It is kind of old fashioned and out-of-style. But I do like her shoes and hat.
I was wondering what do royals do with their outfit? They hardly ever wear the same so I can't imagine how much space they need to store them :):p!

Timoka

A lot of the royals actually recycles their outfits quite regularly. This dress for example was recycled from the christening earlier their year, the hat and the shoes are also recycled from previous years.

Tiff

I don't like this dress either, it takes the shape of a hefty bag. Like someone else said, it's too old fashioned, I think she could have picked something better. That hat doesn't strike me either, I think a nice slick one like Mette Marit usually wears would be better. But I think Mary looks good in red.

It's great to see CP Mary so pois and elegant at solo events...I think she's really settling into her role. You can see her confidence grow at each event!

On her outfit - i think the colour red suits her and not alot of people can carry off such vibrant red! I think the dress itself wld be better if taken in a little - givin it a more fitting look. But overall it's lovely and the shoes....to die for!

I love this outfit- the whole thing was beautiful - the dress is more cherry red than fire engine red-:p . I loved her hat and shoes- she looked classy and did well . keep the pictures coming thanks to all.:)

Last edited:
I must admit I kind of like the out fit , love the colour on her

very oldfashion for Mary who is such a modern Princess!

another picture of Mary in Odense (from billetbladet)
Apparently her father was there as well..

Adry said:
Research Day is an opportunity to focus on the good stories from the world of research.

Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary is patroness of Research Day.
Thanks for the insight. I'm glad to see Mary lending a bit of her time to causes such as this, as I love good stories and positive news!

Although some have criticized her for the organizations she lends her name to, I think quite the opposite. She is at the pinnacle of society and outranks nearly every person in the land. Why not enjoy yourself and shine a light on the things that are happy and beautiful to you? Some charities are downright depressing but there are numerous "junior" royals who probably wouldn't mind getting a paycheck to deal with them.

By the way, she looks great in red!

i am having trouble viewing the link, is anyone else?
Thank you for posting glittering tiaras.

:previous: It worked for me earlier but it doesn't seem to want to play now :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom