Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The twins will be named at their christening in about 3 months. It's a tradition.

Don't you think they will already have names to be called but they will like officially announced at the christening? I can't imagine they wouldn't have any names that long?

Don't you think they will already have names to be called but they will like officially announced at the christening? I can't imagine they wouldn't have any names that long?
I think that the grown ups in the DRF will know the names by now, but not Prince Christian and Princess Isabella - AFAIK then children at that age can´t keep a secret for that long :flowers:

Ok interesting... I could never imagine making a secret of the babys names for such a long time. But they've done it and will do it again :lol:

I don´t know for a fact that they have the names sorted out by now, but if they do, then I think that the only ones who know are: The CPC, QMII and Prince Henrik Sr. Perhaps Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, but I´m not sure...

Ok interesting... I could never imagine making a secret of the babys names for such a long time. But they've done it and will do it again :lol:
Yes, they are quite good at keeping secrets in that family, aren´t they? :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone translate what they were saying when Frederik tears up?

Seriously for the life of me I really need to start paying more attention to these vids..at what point does Frederik tear up>

Can anyone translate what they were saying when Frederik tears up?

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, he's tearing up because Mary told what a great support & amazing husband he is & was during the birth.

I'm throwing it out there: I think "Amber" will be on of the new princess's names, if Amber Petty isn't a godmother. She has been such a loyal friend - and Mary cares about her enough to have travelled to the other side of the world for her birthday.

I'm always missing these things! the twins are precious!!

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, he's tearing up because Mary told what a great support & amazing husband he is & was during the birth.

^^ ownn!!

Thank you so much it is a great video!!!!!!!!, I am amazed how close they go to the audience to show the babies, just born, I wouldn't be so keen of that! it was superb, and the little hats, as already ready in their pockets! red carpet , car sits and he drives off, superb!!!! thank you I really enjoyit!

:flowers: Thank you for posting that video. I finally get to see it in it's entirety! Frederik is such an emotional person which makes him all the more endearing. Mary looks amazingl for a woman who has just given birth to twins but the twins are the ones I can't stop looking at! They are so adorable and sooo cute!

It almost makes me want to have more babies. Almost.

That Prince Frederik, who would've thought he was so potent at making such beautiful babies?:lol: He needs to practice something called contraception now and give that poor woman a break!!!:lol:

The Crown Princess doesn't even look as though she was pregnant. She has handled her pregnancy weight very well and it will not take very much for her to regain her pre pregnancy figure.

The children are very darling, and the little girl is such a pretty little lady. I'd not be surprised if she grows to be a real beauty.

There is indeed a warmth and grounded manner to these two, Frederik and Mary. Even allowing what appeared to be a member of the general public to place the little beanies on the heads of the children. I don't think you'd see any such willingness by any other royal family to interact so intimately with the public. And on such an occasion as this need it be said.

A beautiful, happy family. One can't help but be utterly thrilled for them.

Last edited:
The twins are very cute and very little. I guess Mary is carrying the boy and Fred has the girl? Mary looks great, and I agree, has handled the pregnancy weight gain very well.

WOW, what a symbolism in the text and the twins numbers in the succesionline "the fourth, the fifth".

I know that the song is about the actual forth and fifth tones, but still :wub: :wub: :wub:

I know, isn't it beautiful? I got chills all through my body when he sang that line, it was probably at that point that I started getting tears in my eyes :lol:

A thrill to come home from work and finally see the pictures of these dear wee infants. Frederick certainly has the strongest genes - they all look like him - or each other for that matter !

The two shawls look identical - how thrilled the knitter must be to see Royalty wrapped up in a work of love.

Congratulations to Mary for giving birth naturally to twins - I hope she can now rest up and have the "me" time she so deserves.

The Crown Princess doesn't even look as though she was pregnant. She has handled her pregnancy weight very well and it will not take very much for her to regain her pre pregnancy figure.

All due respect, Madame Royale, but actually Mary's hips are quite wide, there's a bit of muffin top and a lot of tummy. All visible as she moves, and minimised by the black. As you would expect, no less, no more. No body can bounce back to pre pregnancy shape a week after having twins. She weighs at least 8 kilos more than pre pregnancy - and it's up to Mary whether she cares to drop the weight or not. I happen to think she looks fabulous with her "mom" look, including the very unfashionable blouse. Bless her - my gran wears an almost identical one in the same musk pink. Good on her for focusing on her babies and not her look. Her hair is brushed but not styled. What does amaze me is how tall she is next to Frederik - she's wearing heels! ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the many delightful clips and pics. :flowers:

That M&F also made sure the ordinary onlookers got their share was a nice touch.

I expect a full transcript of this press meeting to surface sometime next week and I'll have a look at it when it does.

However, I'm a little surprised that the Red Pants Brigade didn't swoon over Frederik's shirt. ;)

but actually Mary's hips are quite wide, there's a bit of muffin top and a lot of tummy

Around her waist isn't so much pregnancy "weight" as much as it is skin which has lost it's tone and has become 'pliable'. Again, she has handled her pregnancy weight very well, give or take 5 to 6 kilos. I think 8 is pushing it to be honest.

You can tell just by looking at her face that she did not gain as much weight as she did previously.

And as with her pervious pregnancies, it's very unlikley that she wouldn't re-establish her exercise routine. Regular exercise is evidently something quite important to her and she has stated this herself.

And as with her pervious pregnancies, it's very unlikley that she wouldn't re-establish her exercise routine. Regular exercise is evidently something quite important to her and she has stated this herself.

Awwww, let's let her get home and wait at least another week before we make her start her exercise routine (other than those stretched abdominal muscles, she will have started on those on doctors' orders)! Mary - take as much time as you like dear. Start exercising when you're ready. :)

That M&F also made sure the ordinary onlookers got their share was a nice touch.

I expect a full transcript of this press meeting to surface sometime next week and I'll have a look at it when it does.

However, I'm a little surprised that the Red Pants Brigade didn't swoon over Frederik's shirt. ;)

This member of the Red Brigade was very much admiring the tight skater jeans look Frederik was sporting, even though it was obvious that was not the look he was going for! :lol:

It's a shame that little munchkin and his jacket was in the way of us fully appreciating it though. :p

Add to those pants a shaggy beard and you know Mary will at least have something to take her mind of the twins when she needs it. :whistling:

Awwww, let's let her get home and wait at least another week before we make her start her exercise routine (other than those stretched abdominal muscles, she will have started on those on doctors' orders)! Mary - take as much time as you like dear. Start exercising when you're ready. :)

Who's making her hit the treadmill or do pushups? :p

Mary will exercise when she so wishes to do so. I merely stated a fact that personal fitness is something of great importance to her which is why she shall inevitably regain a regular exercise regimen at some point.

Last edited:
This member of the Red Brigade was very much admiring the tight skater jeans look Frederik was sporting, even though it was obvious that was not the look he was going for! :lol:

It's a shame that little munchkin and his jacket was in the way of us fully appreciating it though. :p

Add to those pants a shaggy beard and you know Mary will at least have something to take her mind of the twins when she needs it. :whistling:

and this member of the red pants movement was admiring the way in which the colours of outfit&shirt set off the amazing blue of frederik's eys:whistling::whistling::whistling:

yeah, i do reckon mary will have her source of distraction:lol::lol::lol:

Around her waist isn't so much pregnancy "weight" as much as it is skin which has lost it's tone and has become 'pliable'. Again, she has handled her pregnancy weight very well, give or take 5 to 6 kilos. I think 8 is pushing it to be honest.

You can tell just by looking at her face that she did not gain as much weight as she did previously.

Yes it was very noticeable that she didn't gain as much weight like she did her first two pregnancies and I find that amazing since it was twins this time around. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already started with her exercise routine, albeit alot lighter for obvious reasons for the first few weeks.
That is why I admire her so much and all CPss in Europe. There's no rest for them. It's just go, go, go after having babies with their schedules.

I absolutely love being a spectator of it all, but I personally would not want to live the life they do. I would probably have a meltdown. Several in fact.

I did, I did!!!! :D Only, I wasn't online much yesterday (bummer, the only day I couldn't follow the event!) and couldn't voice my deep felt appreciation of the addition of yet another gorgeous colour to male attire!! ;)

I did, I did!!!! :D Only, I wasn't online much yesterday (bummer, the only day I couldn't follow the event!) and couldn't voice my deep felt appreciation of the addition of yet another gorgeous colour to male attire!! ;)

And some people's deep felt appreciation would not be appropriate to express on this forum as well!:ninja::whistling:

I put a photo on the thread about Fashion and Style of Royal Man :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom