Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya how soon did we get the official photos for Christian and Isabella? I think with Isabella we had to wait a bit more didn't we?

Wonderful to wake up this morning and finally see pictures of the twins :flowers: Just been on the news here in Adelaide - have been searching for footage but will try again tonight - Mary did express her heartfelt thoughts to those in Queensland who are experiencing the floods.

Well I'm off to work but will search later on for some more footage. Enjoy ya day everyone ;)

Did read an article (maybe in here) the favoured names are Valdemar or William for the baby boy (doesn't Christian have Valdemar in his name) and Matilda and Astrid for the wee girl.

There was a nice close up of Fred holding the princess and I could see a resemblance to Isabella. Mary looks delighted to be going home. There will be a lot of excitement with Christian and Isabella and when they arrive home. I'm sure the children will be pleased to have their mother back. The best thing about this couple is that they give us the opportunity to have a good look and satisfy our curiosity. And also have a little chat. Thanks Frederik and Mary for being so amenable.

I believe it's about 3mos before we get official photo; at the christening (which is when we'll hear their names for the 1st time.)

Do I remember correctly that the first pictures of Isabella were released on the same month though, in April 2007? So they might release first pictures at any time during this month. It might be they are going to wait a while though to let the twins grow a bit.

I missed the live footage... I had to go and do other things and when I got back, everything had conveniently already happened... :lol: I tried watching TV2's clips but they start buffering all the time and today I have a hard time trying to understand Danish. Does anyone know where to view the whole incident?

I wish we get official photos soon. I didn't get a good look at Lilleprinsen Elvis but Lilleprinsessen Shirley looks like Isabella and Frederik. Not sure if the little boy looks more like Mary or Fred. My first impression was that they "look like themselves" meaning one cannot say which parent they resemble more. They are very cute and they look so small! I know they aren't that much premature but they looked so much like little dolls. :)

I wish I could get a transcript of all that was said during the press meeting. I did notice they were joking about Elvis again... :D

TV2 are transmitting a recast at 21.55 - 22.45.:flowers:

But I think there is also different links to videos in previous comments:lol:

Mary confirmed she was breastfeeding and that was going well.

A sweet little detail:
Frederik was reminded of his remark at the foyer on the day of the birth, where he would not rule out having more children, but that he would discuss that with Mary.
Apparantly he didn't. :lol: Mary was going: "What"?!? They both agreed: "Weee'll discuss that one at home". :p

TV2 will show a rerun of the show tonight. Don't know about DR1.

Gotta go, I'm on a date tonight.

hahahahahaha, so funny.... thanks for sharing Muhler! :)

I don't think we have to wait until the christening before first official pictures will be released.
The CP couple also released official portraits of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella before the christening.
The official pictures of Christian were released the same day he left the hospital with his parents.
The pictures of Isabella were about 2 weeks (?) after leaving hospital.

Admiring all these wonderful pictures with these cute little babies makes me want to have children myself.... :-( All the best to the family. They look so happy. My best wishes!

Aww. The twins were so adorable, don't really understand P Henrik's comment after seeing them, to me they were gorgeous. I see a lot of P Christian in the baby boy & a bit of P Isabella in the little girl? (; CP Mary looked stunning as always, that woman must be having some sort of super natural powers (;

I don't think we have to wait until the christening before first official pictures will be released.
The CP couple also released official portraits of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella before the christening.
The official pictures of Christian were released the same day he left the hospital with his parents.
The pictures of Isabella were about 2 weeks (?) after leaving hospital.

For Christian there was la few weeks later a second set of official pics released.

Christian's first pics were released on 18th October 2005, 3 days after his birth. Isabella's first pics were released on 9th May 2007, 18 days after her birth. (source: Picture Archive of DRF official website)

I think we will see pics of the whole family either very soon (Mary actually mentioned pics of the 4 siblings at the media meeting today) or in ~2-3 weeks, shortly before Mary celebrates her 39th birthday on 5th February.

Ooh she mentioned it? What did she say? I missed the live broadcast and I don't understand Danish

She just said they had captured some lovely picture of all the siblings together. :)

The twins are so adorable and Mary looks fantastic.
Thanks all for pictures and videos.

IIRC she just said they made very nice pictures of their 4 children together. And she said it in English, that's why I was able to understand it. :)

Ooh if she said it in english then well I guess I'll have to re-watch the video when I get home from school. Just ripped it off TV2 it's about 17 mins I've heard up to the part where she talks about the floods.

What time did they leave the hospital? I wasn't here when it actually happened, so I'm just wondering..

why does the DRF release the names of their children at the cristening and not before?

So happy to finally see the twins! The little girl looks a lot like Isabella, and so does the boy, but I can see Christian in him too. Mary looks really nice right now, the added weight looks very good on her. And Fred looks tired! :flowers: It is a blessing that the twins are here and healthy... what more is there to say.

It's a tradition in the DRF. I highly doubt it will be broken any time soon.

probably, I think the cristening will be in the end of march or the beginning of april, but it seems so far away :)

probably, I think the cristening will be in the end of march or the beginning of april, but it seems so far away :)

I think you're probably right. I figure it will probably be in April, but I hope it's in March. Maybe they'll do it then, since William & Kate's wedding will be all anyone can talk about in April. I'm sure they want their twins christening to be just as special as Christian & Isabella's was. :)

The twins are so adorably cute!
I'm glad they're out of the hospital, it's about time.

Does anyone know if the twins have been named yet? I'm not sure how that works. :)

The twins will be named at their christening in about 3 months. It's a tradition.

Someone has already posted photos with music on Youtube.

Be ready with your tissues, the song is a tearjerker.
WOW, what a symbolism in the text and the twins numbers in the succesionline "the fourth, the fifth".

I know that the song is about the actual forth and fifth tones, but still :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited:
Funny thing, that is something that I would have NEVER noticed. :) Wub Wub Wub Wub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom