Crown Princess Mary and the Twins Leave Hospital: January 14, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the twins wear snuggled up in similar blankets :)

No, that is Christian Schønau :flowers:

Oh, I am getting old, I didn't remember the correct name :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Super-sweeeet babies! I´d love to be a mouse in Amalienborg :whistling:, when they are arriving and will be greeted by their "big" brother and sister!
BYe Bine

I may be crazy, but the boy looks like Christian and the girl like Isabella to me! They are sweet and gorgeous, especially for being 6 days old! I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they arrive home. :flowers:

Mary is holding Elvis and Frederik is holding Shirley.

Mary explained that Shirley is the loudest of the two, but that Elvis is very "seeking" when it comes to his sister. When they sleep together in the same cot he appears to prefer contact with his sister.

Mary was asked about a statement in regards to the floods in Australia, which is very understandable but slightly inappropriate considering the circumstances and the role of the DRF.
It's the Danish government who officially express sympathy in such a situation. In some cases also the Danish monarch but not the Crown Princess.

I felt the same way. It put a damper on what was otherwise a great moment for the CP couple and their twins. That is why I can't stand some of the Australian media sometimes. I heard the lady asking the question. I did not hear her say congratulations on the twins or they look healthy but it was something like, Mary so and so from 7 news Australia I'm sure you've heard about the floods..." Come on, the lady just had twins and that is one of the first things they asked?

And it's been reported that CP couple already sent their condolensces and well wishes anyway (I could hear another Australian reporter in the background saying something about it) so I don't know why they needed to ask her again in what was suppose to be a celebration for the DRF and the people of Denmark.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make light of the situation in Brisbane, god knows how many tears I've shed just listening to some of the stories in the news but I wanted to celebrate at least something that can take your mind off it and those reporters...ugh ok I'm stopping now.

Back to happy thoughts. They look so adorable. Frederik sporting the beard again. I'm starting to love the shaggy dog look on him. Not as formal like the previous two in terms of clothes but he looked like such a proud dad! They both look extremely happy!

They look so tiny and cute! I can't wait for pictures of those little two babies with open eyes. :)
At least one of them reminded me a lot of Isabella as a baby. Congrats to the happy couple once again!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to make light of the situation in Brisbane, god knows how many tears I've shed just listening to some of the stories in the news but I wanted to celebrate at least something that can take your mind off it and those reporters...ugh ok I'm stopping now.

I totally agree - I have spent all week worrying about the floods and their impact on friends and family.

This was something to enjoy that was wonderful and happy. Once I it was confirmed they were coming out I was have sat waiting to watch them and really enjoyed every minute of it except that question.

They look like such a happy family - looking forward to the first pictures of the whole family together.:flowers:

I think that the little prince looks like Prince Christian and the little princess looks like Princess Isabella. So cute that the CPC has four children that looks so much like eachother genderwise.

And you can tell they are fraternal twins because they do not look alike.
Well, IMHO then they can´t be identical twins, since they don´t are the same gender.

Too much make up IMO.
Frederik looks tired but happy. He wanted to go out of the hospital the whole time :ROFLMAO:

The babies are so tiny and cute. And they look like Isabella!

They have arrived at Amalienborg, but there was no presentation of the twins, like they did at Fredensborg with Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.

They have arrived at Amalienborg, but there was no presentation of the twins, like they did at Fredensborg with Prince Christian and Princess Isabella.

why not?
they did with christian and isabella...

The twins are very cute! :) To me they both look like Issabella but that's probly because of the dark hair:flowers:

Mary confirmed she was breastfeeding and that was going well.

A sweet little detail:
Frederik was reminded of his remark at the foyer on the day of the birth, where he would not rule out having more children, but that he would discuss that with Mary.
Apparantly he didn't. :lol: Mary was going: "What"?!? They both agreed: "Weee'll discuss that one at home". :p

TV2 will show a rerun of the show tonight. Don't know about DR1.

Gotta go, I'm on a date tonight.

why not?
they did with christian and isabella...

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's too dark in Denmark to do so? I love that part though because the first two times they had some seriously cute moments together with their newborns.

And their dog as well.

Mary confirmed she was breastfeeding and that was going well.

A sweet little detail:
Frederik was reminded of his remark at the foyer on the day of the birth, where he would not rule out having more children, but that he would discuss that with Mary.
Apparantly he didn't. :lol: Mary was going: "What"?!? They both agreed: "Weee'll discuss that one at home". :p

TV2 will show a rerun of the show tonight. Don't know about DR1.

Gotta go, I'm on a date tonight.
:flowers: Thanks for sharing that sweet little detail with us. I think this will be the last for them though. Just a guess though.

Have fun on your date Muhler!

what cute babies.
I wish them a beautiful life with their families.

The twins are so tiny and adorable.

Thanks for for the translations, Muhler.

The twins are so sweet and cute! May Mary and Frederik have a ton of fun with these two little blessings!

Here are two avatars that I made of the little prince and princess.. i used the abbrevation for little because it seemed appropriate because they are so little.

Attachments

• lil prince.jpg
    lil prince.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,427
  • lil princess.jpg
    lil princess.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,432
Last edited:
The babies are much sweeter than Christian and Isabella if you ask me! And wow, how does Mary do it, she looks fab-uh-lus!

They´re too cute for words, and they´re a little different from each other!
I don´t get tired of seeing them, lovely pictures :)

Possibly it was too dark :)

And perhaps also too cold. And the difference uis that with Christian and Isabella they arrived at Fredensborg where it's easier to walk around a bit than at Amalienborg Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom