The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
but actually Mary's hips are quite wide, there's a bit of muffin top and a lot of tummy
Around her waist isn't so much pregnancy "weight" as much as it is skin which has lost it's tone and has become 'pliable'. Again, she has handled her pregnancy weight very well, give or take 5 to 6 kilos. I think 8 is pushing it to be honest.

You can tell just by looking at her face that she did not gain as much weight as she did previously.

And as with her pervious pregnancies, it's very unlikley that she wouldn't re-establish her exercise routine. Regular exercise is evidently something quite important to her and she has stated this herself.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post

And as with her pervious pregnancies, it's very unlikley that she wouldn't re-establish her exercise routine. Regular exercise is evidently something quite important to her and she has stated this herself.

Awwww, let's let her get home and wait at least another week before we make her start her exercise routine (other than those stretched abdominal muscles, she will have started on those on doctors' orders)! Mary - take as much time as you like dear. Start exercising when you're ready.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for the many delightful clips and pics.

That M&F also made sure the ordinary onlookers got their share was a nice touch.

I expect a full transcript of this press meeting to surface sometime next week and I'll have a look at it when it does.

However, I'm a little surprised that the Red Pants Brigade didn't swoon over Frederik's shirt.
This member of the Red Brigade was very much admiring the tight skater jeans look Frederik was sporting, even though it was obvious that was not the look he was going for!

It's a shame that little munchkin and his jacket was in the way of us fully appreciating it though.

Add to those pants a shaggy beard and you know Mary will at least have something to take her mind of the twins when she needs it.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Awwww, let's let her get home and wait at least another week before we make her start her exercise routine (other than those stretched abdominal muscles, she will have started on those on doctors' orders)! Mary - take as much time as you like dear. Start exercising when you're ready.
Who's making her hit the treadmill or do pushups?

Mary will exercise when she so wishes to do so. I merely stated a fact that personal fitness is something of great importance to her which is why she shall inevitably regain a regular exercise regimen at some point.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcurious View Post
This member of the Red Brigade was very much admiring the tight skater jeans look Frederik was sporting, even though it was obvious that was not the look he was going for!

It's a shame that little munchkin and his jacket was in the way of us fully appreciating it though.

Add to those pants a shaggy beard and you know Mary will at least have something to take her mind of the twins when she needs it.
and this member of the red pants movement was admiring the way in which the colours of outfit&shirt set off the amazing blue of frederik's eys

yeah, i do reckon mary will have her source of distraction
Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Around her waist isn't so much pregnancy "weight" as much as it is skin which has lost it's tone and has become 'pliable'. Again, she has handled her pregnancy weight very well, give or take 5 to 6 kilos. I think 8 is pushing it to be honest.

You can tell just by looking at her face that she did not gain as much weight as she did previously.

Yes it was very noticeable that she didn't gain as much weight like she did her first two pregnancies and I find that amazing since it was twins this time around. I wouldn't be surprised if she has already started with her exercise routine, albeit alot lighter for obvious reasons for the first few weeks.
That is why I admire her so much and all CPss in Europe. There's no rest for them. It's just go, go, go after having babies with their schedules.

I absolutely love being a spectator of it all, but I personally would not want to live the life they do. I would probably have a meltdown. Several in fact.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Princess Mary & Prince Frederik's New Arrivals | Celebrity Baby Scoop
Old 01-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
However, I'm a little surprised that the Red Pants Brigade didn't swoon over Frederik's shirt.
I did, I did!!!! Only, I wasn't online much yesterday (bummer, the only day I couldn't follow the event!) and couldn't voice my deep felt appreciation of the addition of yet another gorgeous colour to male attire!!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I did, I did!!!! Only, I wasn't online much yesterday (bummer, the only day I couldn't follow the event!) and couldn't voice my deep felt appreciation of the addition of yet another gorgeous colour to male attire!!
And some people's deep felt appreciation would not be appropriate to express on this forum as well!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Thanks for the many delightful clips and pics.

That M&F also made sure the ordinary onlookers got their share was a nice touch.

I expect a full transcript of this press meeting to surface sometime next week and I'll have a look at it when it does.

I put a photo on the thread about Fashion and Style of Royal Man
Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Aristocracy

but joking apart, a comparison between older photos (i.e. last winter) and today photos shows that frederik is really getting fitter and fitter. not only has he lost weight, but he seems to have been working out in the gym bc for example his shoulders appear broader (i first got this impression from the pics of him riding this summer, with a light blue t-shirt). is it just an impression of mine?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

These babies are really cute!! They look so much like Isabella!

What a beautiful family!!

Mary looked great! A bit tired but so happy!!

Can't wait till the christening to know the babies' names and for the official photoshoot with Christian and Isabella!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 01-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Courtier

Thanks for all the links
The twins are so very sweet, and although I thnk it is hard to say who small babies look like I do think they both look a little like the super cute Isabella.
Mary and Frederik are a couple of very happy and very proud parents.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I agree with UserDane

I just swooned so much over the babies yesterday that I completely forgot CP Frederik
Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Courtier

I have a question regarding the bracelet that Prince Frederik was wearing on his right arm I think. Does anybody know what it is wirtten on it? Maybe something related to his children? I couldn't check it out.

Also the Princess is in fabulous shape. It is really very much admiring how she was able to heep her figure in such great form with two babies to carry over months. I for my part hope she doesn't lose this wait as it suits her very very well. She looked tired but who wouldn't with two little ones to take care for?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

More coverage of F&M leaving hospital with the twins that I found on YT

I'm interested to know how the Danish posters feel about Mary's command of their language. I remember when she was first engaged & married there she was made fun of because her Danish speaking was not so good. WHat do you think now?
Old 01-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
I have a question regarding the bracelet that Prince Frederik was wearing on his right arm I think. Does anybody know what it is wirtten on it? Maybe something related to his children? I couldn't check it out.
Itīs a supportbracelet for our troops in Afghanistan
Old 01-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I'm interested to know how the Danish posters feel about Mary's command of their language. I remember when she was first engaged & married there she was made fun of because her Danish speaking was not so good. WHat do you think now?
I think she is doing very well You can still hear that danish isnīt her mothertongue, but she has very very very big vocabularium. She knows the little differences in the language (the nuances), which to me shows that the CPC talks danish at home. Yeah, I know that they also speak english, but the main language is danish
Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Thanks for the clips.

I find Mary's mastery of Danish in regards to her vocalabury and grammar to be near perfect.
She is also more articulate than Frederik. On par with QMII and Joachim in fact.
She has a very distinct accent, which I don't think she will ever lose. It's no problem for me as I can easily understand her most of the time. It happens I have to pay a little attention, when she is talking. Mostly, I guess when she is mentally going through what she want's to say or convey. When she's just chatting away, no problem.
I think many finds her accent charming.

I don't recall anyone making fun of her because of her accent. Making parodies, yes, of course, but that's another matter.

Also, I understand that Danish sounds are pretty difficult for English speakers in particular.

ADDED: I agree with FasterB, Mary is clearly thinking in Danish most of the time.

She isn't anywhere near getting the same treatment as Prince Henrik.

Our Marie in comparison is close in the heels of Mary and I believe she will eventually speak Danish with less accent than Mary. Perhaps she has a talent for languages or because it's an advantage for her to already have learned several languages.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
They look so much like Isabella!
They all look alike to me. Some are cuter than others, but one tells every mother their baby is cute.

Closed Thread