The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The twins will be named at their christening in about 3 months. It's a tradition.
Don't you think they will already have names to be called but they will like officially announced at the christening? I can't imagine they wouldn't have any names that long?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Don't you think they will already have names to be called but they will like officially announced at the christening? I can't imagine they wouldn't have any names that long?
I think that the grown ups in the DRF will know the names by now, but not Prince Christian and Princess Isabella - AFAIK then children at that age canīt keep a secret for that long

Old 01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok interesting... I could never imagine making a secret of the babys names for such a long time. But they've done it and will do it again
Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

I donīt know for a fact that they have the names sorted out by now, but if they do, then I think that the only ones who know are: The CPC, QMII and Prince Henrik Sr. Perhaps Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, but Iīm not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Ok interesting... I could never imagine making a secret of the babys names for such a long time. But they've done it and will do it again
Yes, they are quite good at keeping secrets in that family, arenīt they?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

another vid

Old 01-14-2011, 08:51 PM

Can anyone translate what they were saying when Frederik tears up?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quite lovely babies ! Mary looks very tired
Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Seriously for the life of me I really need to start paying more attention to these vids..at what point does Frederik tear up>
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frncne View Post
Can anyone translate what they were saying when Frederik tears up?
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, he's tearing up because Mary told what a great support & amazing husband he is & was during the birth.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

I'm throwing it out there: I think "Amber" will be on of the new princess's names, if Amber Petty isn't a godmother. She has been such a loyal friend - and Mary cares about her enough to have travelled to the other side of the world for her birthday.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Serene Highness

I'm always missing these things! the twins are precious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, he's tearing up because Mary told what a great support & amazing husband he is & was during the birth.

^^ ownn!!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Thank you so much it is a great video!!!!!!!!, I am amazed how close they go to the audience to show the babies, just born, I wouldn't be so keen of that! it was superb, and the little hats, as already ready in their pockets! red carpet , car sits and he drives off, superb!!!! thank you I really enjoyit!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Thank you for these links! The twins are adorable!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Gentry

Thank you for posting that video. I finally get to see it in it's entirety! Frederik is such an emotional person which makes him all the more endearing. Mary looks amazingl for a woman who has just given birth to twins but the twins are the ones I can't stop looking at! They are so adorable and sooo cute!

It almost makes me want to have more babies. Almost.

That Prince Frederik, who would've thought he was so potent at making such beautiful babies? He needs to practice something called contraception now and give that poor woman a break!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Heir Apparent

The Crown Princess doesn't even look as though she was pregnant. She has handled her pregnancy weight very well and it will not take very much for her to regain her pre pregnancy figure.

The children are very darling, and the little girl is such a pretty little lady. I'd not be surprised if she grows to be a real beauty.

There is indeed a warmth and grounded manner to these two, Frederik and Mary. Even allowing what appeared to be a member of the general public to place the little beanies on the heads of the children. I don't think you'd see any such willingness by any other royal family to interact so intimately with the public. And on such an occasion as this need it be said.

A beautiful, happy family. One can't help but be utterly thrilled for them.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Royal Highness

The twins are very cute and very little. I guess Mary is carrying the boy and Fred has the girl? Mary looks great, and I agree, has handled the pregnancy weight gain very well.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
WOW, what a symbolism in the text and the twins numbers in the succesionline "the fourth, the fifth".

I know that the song is about the actual forth and fifth tones, but still
I know, isn't it beautiful? I got chills all through my body when he sang that line, it was probably at that point that I started getting tears in my eyes
Old 01-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

A thrill to come home from work and finally see the pictures of these dear wee infants. Frederick certainly has the strongest genes - they all look like him - or each other for that matter !

The two shawls look identical - how thrilled the knitter must be to see Royalty wrapped up in a work of love.

Congratulations to Mary for giving birth naturally to twins - I hope she can now rest up and have the "me" time she so deserves.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The Crown Princess doesn't even look as though she was pregnant. She has handled her pregnancy weight very well and it will not take very much for her to regain her pre pregnancy figure.
All due respect, Madame Royale, but actually Mary's hips are quite wide, there's a bit of muffin top and a lot of tummy. All visible as she moves, and minimised by the black. As you would expect, no less, no more. No body can bounce back to pre pregnancy shape a week after having twins. She weighs at least 8 kilos more than pre pregnancy - and it's up to Mary whether she cares to drop the weight or not. I happen to think she looks fabulous with her "mom" look, including the very unfashionable blouse. Bless her - my gran wears an almost identical one in the same musk pink. Good on her for focusing on her babies and not her look. Her hair is brushed but not styled. What does amaze me is how tall she is next to Frederik - she's wearing heels!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the many delightful clips and pics.

That M&F also made sure the ordinary onlookers got their share was a nice touch.

I expect a full transcript of this press meeting to surface sometime next week and I'll have a look at it when it does.

However, I'm a little surprised that the Red Pants Brigade didn't swoon over Frederik's shirt.