The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I don't think we have to wait until the christening before first official pictures will be released.
The CP couple also released official portraits of Prince Christian and Princess Isabella before the christening.
The official pictures of Christian were released the same day he left the hospital with his parents.
The pictures of Isabella were about 2 weeks (?) after leaving hospital.
For Christian there was la few weeks later a second set of official pics released.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Christian's first pics were released on 18th October 2005, 3 days after his birth. Isabella's first pics were released on 9th May 2007, 18 days after her birth. (source: Picture Archive of DRF official website)

I think we will see pics of the whole family either very soon (Mary actually mentioned pics of the 4 siblings at the media meeting today) or in ~2-3 weeks, shortly before Mary celebrates her 39th birthday on 5th February.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Ooh she mentioned it? What did she say? I missed the live broadcast and I don't understand Danish
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Aristocracy

She just said they had captured some lovely picture of all the siblings together. :)
Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

The twins are so adorable and Mary looks fantastic.
Thanks all for pictures and videos.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

IIRC she just said they made very nice pictures of their 4 children together. And she said it in English, that's why I was able to understand it.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Ooh if she said it in english then well I guess I'll have to re-watch the video when I get home from school. Just ripped it off TV2 it's about 17 mins I've heard up to the part where she talks about the floods.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Aristocracy

What time did they leave the hospital? I wasn't here when it actually happened, so I'm just wondering..
Old 01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Gentry

why does the DRF release the names of their children at the cristening and not before?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilary View Post
why does the DRF release the names of their children at the cristening and not before?
It's a tradition in the DRF. I highly doubt it will be broken any time soon.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

So happy to finally see the twins! The little girl looks a lot like Isabella, and so does the boy, but I can see Christian in him too. Mary looks really nice right now, the added weight looks very good on her. And Fred looks tired! It is a blessing that the twins are here and healthy... what more is there to say.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalEnquirer View Post
It's a tradition in the DRF. I highly doubt it will be broken any time soon.

probably, I think the cristening will be in the end of march or the beginning of april, but it seems so far away :)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
What time did they leave the hospital? I wasn't here when it actually happened, so I'm just wondering..
Half 3 Danish time I believe.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilary View Post
probably, I think the cristening will be in the end of march or the beginning of april, but it seems so far away :)
I think you're probably right. I figure it will probably be in April, but I hope it's in March. Maybe they'll do it then, since William & Kate's wedding will be all anyone can talk about in April. I'm sure they want their twins christening to be just as special as Christian & Isabella's was.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The twins are so adorably cute!
I'm glad they're out of the hospital, it's about time.

Does anyone know if the twins have been named yet? I'm not sure how that works. :)
Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The twins will be named at their christening in about 3 months. It's a tradition.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They came out of the elevator at 15:34 pm danish time
Old 01-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Commoner

Someone has already posted photos with music on Youtube.

Be ready with your tissues, the song is a tearjerker.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelintheCrown View Post
Someone has already posted photos with music on Youtube.

Be ready with your tissues, the song is a tearjerker.
WOW, what a symbolism in the text and the twins numbers in the succesionline "the fourth, the fifth".

I know that the song is about the actual forth and fifth tones, but still
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

Funny thing, that is something that I would have NEVER noticed. :) Wub Wub Wub Wub

Closed Thread